Shareholder Benefits

Hobbes67

Is anyone having current issues getting OBC for shareholders? I have faxed it 3 times over the last 4 weeks and no one can ever seem to find it?

In this day and time, we have to Fax it???? How archaic is that. Was given a different Fax number than the one listed, which I was told quit working.

We cruise in 13 days and I am miffed and also worried. :confused:

Edited by numedpick

Faxed ours in last Thursday and got an email today showing the OBC was applied to our April booking. This one went through very easily - a lot better than the one for our cruise last December.

Make sure when you fax it in that you make a note of the time and date you send it. They can search for it by the time it is received - I was told back in Nov. to call the next day to confirm they had received it after my first submittal never showed up even though I had the confirmation from my fax showing it was sent with no problems indicated.

What number do you call to check?

I had sent my request in by mail in mid-February and heard nothing from Princess. Today I faxed a copy of the letter and my statement to 661-753-0180. When I got my confirmation that the fax went through, I called 800-872-6779 ext. 30317 to tell them that the fax had been sent. Mary found the fax, added the OBC to my booking and sent me a confirmation email. Very quick!! :D

BTW. I used a website called fax zero to fax my docs into Princess. It was very easy to use and free.

This has been an on-going problem for many people. I wish they would make a "sticky" at the top so that people would not have to go through this every time. It took us a couple weeks and different fax numbers and different follow-up numbers to get this sorted. Even Princess website has wrong information.

Finally got the OBC taken care of this week and we sail tomorrow. Pretty close and it seems due to an intermittent functioning Fax machine. Carnival really should get up to the 21st century and accept emails with the statement

Finally got the OBC taken care of this week and we sail tomorrow. Pretty close and it seems due to an intermittent functioning Fax machine. Carnival really should get up to the 21st century and accept emails with the statement
They used to accept e-mails but stopped about 6 or more months ago.

Carnival needs to remember that many shareholders do not live in the usa

If their fax machine is a mrss and they will not accept e mails thrn they are discriminating against non USA shareholders

Surface mail still works in most parts of the world. Probly true of the UK. Tis far better than having Carnival/Princess cancel the whole program.

As a shareholder did you ever stop to think how many millions of dollars it costs CCL to administer and fund the program over all of their lines for one year?

Probably enough to boost earnings and dividends to make institutional shareholders want to do away with it.

For those of us who have had the credit for a long time, when it began it was fax or surface mail only. Email was an afterthought.

Accepting email attachments, which is the form a shareholder request would be, exposes their system to hacking and damage which is costly and which no shareholder wants them to suffer.

Surface mail still works in most parts of the world. Probly true of the UK. Tis far better than having Carnival/Princess cancel the whole program. Snail mail to California works out if you are mailing it to them from somewhere in the USA. A letter from overseas often does meet the definition of snail mail, especially a problem if it has to be sent close to the deadline.

As a shareholder did you ever stop to think how many millions of dollars it costs CCL to administer and fund the program over all of their lines for one year? And how many millions of dollars of income to Carnival Corp. because of the people who do book on one of their cruise ships due to the OBC benefit.

Probably enough to boost earnings and dividends to make institutional shareholders want to do away with it.

For those of us who have had the credit for a long time, when it began it was fax or surface mail only. Email was an afterthought.

Accepting email attachments, which is the form a shareholder request would be, exposes their system to hacking and damage which is costly and which no shareholder wants them to suffer.

Other cruise lines manage to make this work with E-mail.

One recent experience with another cruise company:

a) Immediate auto-response acknowledging the e-mail made it to their inbox, something Princess never did.

b) Confirmation by e-mail within eight days. No followup phone calls required by me to find out if the OBC had been applied.

Edited by caribill

• 1 year later...
How long does it normally take to have the shareholders credit posted on your account once it’s been faxed in? We leave on June 1st.

Lately they have been very, very good........within the hour(s), or at the most, the next day.

• 2 weeks later...
How long does it normally take to have the shareholders credit posted on your account once it’s been faxed in? We leave on June 1st.

I faxed mine in at 11:00 AM and it was posted when I looked at my account at 2:00 PM the same day. 3 Hours is pretty quick turnaround!!

As this thread has posts from the US and Uk, I am adding our experience.

I emailed Princess Uk last night, late, about 11.30pm, I had confirmation before 10am this morning, that our shareholder OBC had been applied.

Very Impressed, well done Princess Uk :)

Another shout out to Princess! At 10:00 this morning, I faxed my shareholder benefit request form for my last minute booking of a cruise departing in three days. The credit was posted when I next checked at 2:45.

Thank you, Princess!

And we get em' all, don't we, Paul? :p

Don't forget the Princess Visa cards. For 40,000 points you can ge a $500 OBC. I love Princess because we can combine all our OBCs and use them for everything we charge

RCI doesn't let us do that.

Edited by dorisis