Norwegian Star Chef's Table (A Pictorial Review)

DGP1111

Wow, Don, great photos!

Four of us did the CT on the Sun in May. It was just as you describe. We loved it, and the fact that the wine glass was never empty. :D

I took photos of each item to remind myself of everything and to show to friends.

We were pretty full after the fish dish, however we managed to eat the veal chop dish, the yummy cheese and honeycomb, plus the dessert! ( Note to anyone reading, wear a comfortable waist band, one that stretches!!!) This food is surprisingly rich.

And it's presented beautifully.

I can't wait to try it again in 2013 on the Star!

Thank you for you review. I was reading it while out with friends for cocktails, non cruisers, and sharing your food pictures. One of my gal pals commented, " I might have to try a cruise if I can eat like that."

Will be sharing your post with the hubby as one of the things I want to do on our Dawn cruise in April 2013, if they have it.

Thank you again.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Another great thread by Don. Thanks much. As someone else said though that's just not for me. While looking at those tiny portions I kept thinking I could have a meal in Moderno, Cagney's and LeBistro instead of the Chef's Table.

Guess I'm just not fancy. :D

Like Terry Bradshaw says: "I like my raw fish deep fried".

Hi Don! Wowsa wowsa wowsa! I have heard lots of good things about the chef's dinner...but for the first time got to to SEE all the good things about the chef's dinner! Thank you for posting the pics along with your thoughts. I never really considered this dining option but will probably try it on a future sailing.

Coka

Yes you will! :D

Don, as usual you have outdone yourself and created more ship withdrawal in me than any other poster possibly could! Thank goodness I don't have to wait too long!!

I did a "chef's Table' back on the Dawn a couple years ago but then it wasn't a Chef's Table...it was called something else. The Captain and Hotel Director were there at the table dining with us. I am assuming that the way this is done now is changed and that the current Chef's Table is more like CCL's and focused on the chef and not the captain (??)

I am excited to do this on The Dawn again!

Edited by halos

THANK YOU , THANK YOU , THANK YOU !!!! I have been waiting for someone to post some pics of the Chef's Table. But to have the whole meal is a bonus, Christmas came early this year. Don't know if we'll do this on the Jade or Spirit or both next year lol.

Great post and your sense of humor was perfect , loved it.:D

cheers...the Ump...:D

Oh Don you are terrible to post such awful pictures ;).

They started the Chef's Table after we sailed on the Star in January but will be on her again in December and will just have to insist that DH join me on this culinary excursion.

I'm running (not walking) to the Concierge on the Jewel in September to sign-up again!!:eek: The diet will go to you-know-where in a hand-basket,

hasnt anyone told you cruise lines remove all the calories from there food :D

:eek:OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I am celebrating a b-day on my next cruise, guess where I want to have dinner???:D

Thanks for the great review!!

Edited by janvino
added stuff

Does anyone recommend the Chefs Table even if you dont drink alcohol?

I would love to do chefs table as a present to myself (saiiling for 50th Birthday and will be solo on Epic in October)

Saddixie - there is another thread regarding the CT which may answer your question:

OP.. i don't know if this will add to your answers or not, but I can tell you that everyone we talked to in person who has done that dinner LOVED it. I can't remember if it was on the Dawn or the Star, but on one of them we asked the Concierge about that dinner when we were telling him what nights we wanted to make reservations in which restaurant, etc, and he was , what I consider, very upfront about the dinner and asked us if we were into wine. When we told him no, that Doug would be drinking milk or tea and I would be drinking diet soda, he said that in his opinion $75.00 per person for just the food would not be worth it. Again I don't know if that helps or not but wanted to share it.

I'm running (not walking) to the Concierge on the Jewel in September to sign-up again!!:eek: The diet will go to you-know-where in a hand-basket,

hasnt anyone told you cruise lines remove all the calories from there food :D

Thanks, Don! You've made my day! NO calories!! Woo-Hoo!!!:D

Your pictures and comments about the Chef's Dinner were great! We are cruising in October on the Star and will defintely book this. Will you be sending photos and comments about the desert? Thanks. Ken and Wendy

Thanks for the review...loved knowing about it. As for others who prefer quantity over quality - thankfully we have choices and the buffet is available for no up charge. As for me....will want to enjoy dining rather than just "eating".

Will be heading to the reservations and see if Chefs Table is offered on the Star in Feb...woohoo.

Your pictures and comments about the Chef's Dinner were great! We are cruising in October on the Star and will defintely book this. Will you be sending photos and comments about the desert? Thanks. Ken and Wendy

The dessert is posted in the review, the Chocolate Log and the Yogurt Dome were the desserts followed by espresso or other coffees with additives.