I'm very irritated at NCL. Won't respond to Latitudes emails

sdmike

How much is in the pot after I add my two cents.?? :D I had e-mailed NCL's Lat's. dept before Feb. of this year............still have not gotten a response other than they had received my e-mail & would get back to me within 2 weeks............WOW...................if this is what 2 weeks is like.............I hope I never have to wait 2 weeks until my next cruise. & to the person ??????? who asked.....Yes.. minors do get their own latts. # but it has no value until legal age. NCL told me (21). So even though my 12 year old son is a platinum member..........it means squat till he's 21.........He's so sad...18 would be better !!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck Mike.

I think customer service on all lines has gotten worse. If you just have a simple question and you have used a TA then the cruise line won't work with you. You have to call the TA.

I'm not really seeing that as a customer service issue, sorry but I can understand where the cruiselines are coming from. If your question is general, just don't tell them you already are booked. If it has to do with your reservation then ask your TA.

Yes.. minors do get their own latts. # but it has no value until legal age. NCL told me (21). So even though my 12 year old son is a platinum member..........it means squat till he's 21.........He's so sad...18 would be better !!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck Mike.

Just wanted to post the response that I received from NCL to the same minor Latitudes question. Response is in green and took about a month. I e-mailed them twice in that time period.

Good afternoon Mrs. Jasinski,

Minor children are assigned a Client id number and once they reach 18 years of age that number will serve as their latitude number. At the time, all sailings listed under his profile will be calculated, he will receive points for all of his sailings, and his status will be adjusted at that time.

Kindest regards,

Sherri | Latitudes Rewards Desk

800.327.7030 | fax 305.436.4143

Norwegian Cruise Line ®

7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126

Freestyle Cruising ®

ncl.com

Socialize with us

sdmike, is this a different phone number than you've tried in the past?

Dear sdmike,

Thank you for posting your concerns on Cruise Critic.

We are sorry to hear about the inconvenience you've experienced and understand your frustration. We'd be happy to assist you with your inquiry, please forward your email to socialmedia@ncl.com.

Best,

Norwegian Public Relations

Bravo NCL PR, I had confidence you would come through, when you were needed.

Gosh I love when they pop their head in every now and then to address an issue.

Best of luck at getting this straighented out Mike.

I would only comment that I wouldn't send multiple emails because all you are doing is bombarding their email servers with even more emails that employees must sort through. By sending emails multiple times isn't going to get your email answered any faster. You figure if every customer sent 3 emails for the one problem how many emails that ends up leaving their customer service to sort through. It takes someone to then go through each one, check and see - oh we must have solved this problem already. I also too have no idea how many employees are in their department. I know the company I work for has 2 employees, we both try to go through the emails and we can be between 2-3 weeks depending on how many emails we have, etc. Nothing is worse than going through them to realize, gosh I think I did this already.

I get so frustrated reading threads such as these because I work for a company that sells great software to solve this type of issue. Even if they don't buy my company's software, there's several of them out there. And they aren't THAT expensive. Certainly a customer-centric company such as a cruise line should have one.

At a minimum, an email sent by a customer to NCL should create a Case (or Service Request) with a unique number that is logged and tracked internally. The customer should receive an email reply with at least a standard message indicating how long they should expect to wait before action is taken. The customer should also be supplied with that Case Number so that they can follow up on it. To leave a customer hanging is just a shame. This generally would also solve problems with people sending multiple emails for the same problem.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg of automated customer services that NCL (and other other cruise lines) could definitely make use of. They certainly need website FAQs that are more regularly updated and monitored and measured.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

I would only comment that I wouldn't send multiple emails because all you are doing is bombarding their email servers with even more emails that employees must sort through. By sending emails multiple times isn't going to get your email answered any faster. You figure if every customer sent 3 emails for the one problem how many emails that ends up leaving their customer service to sort through. It takes someone to then go through each one, check and see - oh we must have solved this problem already. I also too have no idea how many employees are in their department. I know the company I work for has 2 employees, we both try to go through the emails and we can be between 2-3 weeks depending on how many emails we have, etc. Nothing is worse than going through them to realize, gosh I think I did this already.

Your logic makes sense regarding numerous emails, hopefully the people that send more than one refer to the first email that was unanswered.

As for the 2-3 weeks to reply, I think that is far too long to wait for a reply. IMO you should have to wait no more than 48 hours for a reply, if it is a difficult query then there should be at least a reply saying that you are working on it and can expect to have an answer by .....

I agree, but if you have no acknowledgement that they received the email, or no response on how long it might take to get to me, you generally assuming that they didn't get it (or it got lost)

I agree, but if you have no acknowledgement that they received the email, or no response on how long it might take to get to me, you generally assuming that they didn't get it (or it got lost)

Mike you are very right and it can happen. I have 2 email accounts and have sent something from one to the other and to this day it must be still flying around in cyberspace somewhere because it never did show up. :)

Dear sdmike,

Thank you for posting your concerns on Cruise Critic.

We are sorry to hear about the inconvenience you've experienced and understand your frustration. We'd be happy to assist you with your inquiry, please forward your email to socialmedia@ncl.com.

Best,

Norwegian Public Relations

Thank you. I will send you an email later today.

Mike

Your logic makes sense regarding numerous emails, hopefully the people that send more than one refer to the first email that was unanswered.

As for the 2-3 weeks to reply, I think that is far too long to wait for a reply. IMO you should have to wait no more than 48 hours for a reply, if it is a difficult query then there should be at least a reply saying that you are working on it and can expect to have an answer by .....

I agree. If a company takes 2-3 weeks to reply without so much as a auto reply email and work order #, that company isn't going to have my business...

Same thing happened to us, and I was frantic to get it fixed before our cruise on 6/23...but after a few weeks, we hadn't heard anything from the latitudes dept. either. As far as your wife's previous cruiser status. Same thing happened with my husbands. Try logging in to NCL and have your wife make her own latitudes account. Even though my husband was given a latitudes number, it wasn't in effect until he logged in and made his own account. It fixed that problem the day before we sailed, and we discussed it with Sherry the cruise consultant when we were on the Gem. She looked at husbands updated status on her computer, and came through with his earned perks right there in her office.

However, the other problem with you minor child being the lead person on your reservation might take more dilegence.

~Michele

PS, the latitudes dept never contacted us!

Just a follow up to my previous comment....the Latitudes Dept. emailed me back...TODAY! They informed me of my current status and proclaimed it fixed! Thank you NCL! But we "fixed" it a few weeks ago on our cruise!!! Seriously though, I do appreciate them finally contacting me.

Beware, the boards here have ears!! :eek:

Enjoy

~Michele

NCL have an incredibly slooow email response time.

Most recently, I lost a couple of things on the last cruise and tried to contact them to get some info for insurance purposes. It took 8-10 weeks (inc emailing past guest, latitudes, admin and eventually the M&G coordinator) to get someone to check if anything had been handed in to lost and found or send a v simple 'nothing found' email to pass to the insurance company.

V slack customer service and an indifferent attitude which gives a poor message to customers.

I do know that there is a note in MyNCL that says the following:

Due to an overwhelming response to the new Latitudes Rewards program, we are experiencing delays. Response time to your inquiry can take up to 2 weeks. Please do not resubmit your request. All inquiries will be addressed in the order they were received.

I do know that there is a note in MyNCL that says the following:

Due to an overwhelming response to the new Latitudes Rewards program, we are experiencing delays. Response time to your inquiry can take up to 2 weeks. Please do not resubmit your request. All inquiries will be addressed in the order they were received.

I wonder if this is new. I don't recall seeing that anywhere, including on the contact page under Latitudes Program

I wonder if this is new. I don't recall seeing that anywhere, including on the contact page under Latitudes Program

I'm pretty sure it has been there for a long time now, Mike. I know it was when I emailed them in January. But it took about 2 months for a reply...in fact the email telling me they are 2 weeks behind took them 2 weeks to send!

Edited by peg013