Royal does away with bag tags...except for Suite and Pinnacle guests

They are also available at Amazon from the same supplier. Some people might prefer to use up Amazon credit or use 1 click ordering.

Gina

That supplier is going to wonder why all of a sudden their sales are UP!

RCI could become the first real "DIY" cruiseline :eek:...Their new motto could be "Just Get Out There & DIY" :D:D

Yea the last day on the cruise they will have a class to teach us how to make our tags for disembarkation.:p:p

I'm sure they won't be accepting home made luggage tags. Only the official print outs from your electronic cruise documents will be accepted. Otherwise, you will have to stand there and let the luggage handlers give you tags at the port to fill out.

Gina

I'm sure they won't be accepting home made luggage tags. Only the official print outs from your electronic cruise documents will be accepted. Otherwise, you will have to stand there and let the luggage handlers give you tags at the port to fill out.

Gina

Several years ago we used masking tape for a last-minute booking. Our bags were delivered very quickly, lol!

Amazon also carries them. If you have Prime Shipping, it might be a better deal. :)

$24 for 8 of them with "free" prime shipping.

$17.95 for 5 plus $6.95 for regular shipping.

Different suppliers. Now...which is the better deal? :) Well, for those without prime, it might be better to get just 5 tags unless they really need 8 of them.

Gina

That would be nice, but I suspect the savings will go toward RC's profit margin, not upgraded food!

I could be wrong but I think I read that the 'upgraded' menus have already begun to be offered on some ships. Whether it's an upgrade in taste or just an upgrade in what's available, I feel that is an improvement. And if it means that RCI must cut the luggage tags cost in order to help bring these new menu offerings to their passengers, then I think that's a good thing. BTW: If you can print pictures from your PC, you can print luggage tags just as easily. JMO.:)

Yes, those stretchy cords that attach the tag to the bag will break off. I've lost my D+ luggage tag that way. It went into the airport at check in and the bag came back without it because the tag gets caught on something, get's pulled hard, and the rubber thing pops. You need the zip ties from the hardware store to use as an alternative if you don't want to have the baggage handlers yank it off.

Gina

Thanks! We always cruise from ports that we can drive to so don't have to worry about airport baggage handlers. But might try the zip ties just in case.

Thanks! We always cruise from ports that we can drive to so don't have to worry about airport baggage handlers. But might try the zip ties just in case.

I was thinking the luggage handlers at the cruise port might not be as bad. Of course the only suitcase I ever had severely damaged was by Celebrity luggage handlers. And it was totaled. :eek:

Gina

$24 for 8 of them with "free" prime shipping.

$17.95 for 5 plus $6.95 for regular shipping.

Different suppliers. Now...which is the better deal? :) Well, for those without prime, it might be better to get just 5 tags unless they really need 8 of them.

Gina

wonder how much if we all chip in??:p

LOL...ok, we'll just laugh at you in that case.

And imagine the surge in suite bookings. Yes, this is another benefit to add to the list. ;)

Gina

We have a September cruise booked on the Freedom in a Grand Suite. Received our edocs on Friday and there wasn't a link to order our bag tags. I just got off the phone with Royal Caribbean and after a lengthy call, bottom line is there is no way to order the tags. Their system is not allowing it. So hold off on adding that to the Suite Guest perks. Guess I'll be printing mine like everyone else. It's not a big deal to me -- just wanted to share the information.

OK Adam. How about a choice for those of us that really don't want to fuss with printing etc. How about you make an option where we pay a little extra and you mail them?

I'm thinking I could go into business. My printer has an email address and I always leave it on, ready and waiting. For $10 I'll happily print them out and mail them back - USA only of course. :)

Gina

We have a September cruise booked on the Freedom in a Grand Suite. Received our edocs on Friday and there wasn't a link to order our bag tags. I just got off the phone with Royal Caribbean and after a lengthy call, bottom line is there is no way to order the tags. Their system is not allowing it. So hold off on adding that to the Suite Guest perks. Guess I'll be printing mine like everyone else. It's not a big deal to me -- just wanted to share the information.

My next 2 cruises still have the luggage tag ordering link available. I'm not in a suite.

I'm special. :p

Gina

Your information agrees with mine.

I think this is a great marketing ploy dreamed up by some bean counter in corporate to increase Suite bookings...seems to be working...:eek::D

Not a HUGE deal to me...I have a computer & a printer...but for my folks & my sister's who do NOT...guess they will be paying ME to print out their luggage tags unless they want to wait in line at the pier for a porter to put them on....;)

Yea the last day on the cruise they will have a class to teach us how to make our tags for disembarkation.:p:p

They will charge $15pp for it. That sounds reasonable. When you're spending thousands on a cruise, what is $15??

Bag Tag Mailer Updates: Please be aware that for the Royal Caribbean International brand, effective for all guest documents issued on, or after, August 8, 2012, we will be eliminating the ability to order a Bag Tag Mailer for all guests/bookings with the exception of Crown & Anchor Pinnacle members and Suite guests (Grand Suites and above). For all other Royal Caribbean International bookings, bag tags will now be included as a page within the eDoc ticket booklets, which can then be printed and attached by the guest. At this time, while we will still allow a bag tag mailing address to be entered within the CruiseMatch booking engine, please be aware that after August 8, 2012 no mailers will be sent to any addresses that are provided here for Royal Caribbean International bookings. At this time, these changes do not impact guests/bookings on either the Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Club Cruises brands.

Just curious where this information was obtained.

Archived