Royal does away with bag tags...except for Suite and Pinnacle guests

There is a web site that sells all sorts of cruise related stuff and I ordered these really nice luggage tag holders from them. They are re-usable clear plastic. You take your printed luggage tag, fold, insert it into the holder and attach to your luggage handle with the included strap. Mine were around $3 each which includes the shipping cost. I love them! No more laminating, packing tape etc.

Google cuise luggage tag holders and you should find it.

Good idea,but I imagine now with people making their own tags,some will look the same,some very different...feel bad to the ones who have to sort thru the luggage.at least with the tags they gave us,they knew exactly what to look for.......

serendipity is the website to get the clear holders. worked great and are reusable cruise after cruise. I didn't like the wraps that came with them to hold them, but you can get the electrical tie wraps and cut them for each cruise. They won't fall off with them!

Wow. I would love to trade days with you if this is the worst of it.

I agree!!! Do people even know how they sound when they gripe about luggage tags???????????

No biggie...you can use packing tape..or i suppose you can laminate them...it will bring out everyone's internal Martha Stewart!!:D

I'm going to laminate mine and glue on decorative multi colored rick rack!

I can live without the tags..but it was always neat to get the official countdown item which was actual tangible proof I am finally going & getting close to departure time

That's true! Maybe I will make my tags (complete with rick rack) and mail them to myself!!!

It does seem more and more that Pinnacle and Suite are starting to get teamed up together.....this rings a bell with some recent threads about changes coming to C&A and some privileges...especially with the CL/DL....don't think that will be happening real real soon....but further proof that if anything the CL will probably just switch over to Suite and Pinnacle in the not all that distant future.

Just think how many cruises people will book to get there now. All for free luggage tags. :rolleyes: :D

Gina

That's what I am going to do. I am now going to book twice as many cruise so I can get to pinnacle and get luggage tags. :p:D

I just ordered mine a couple of days ago....I guess I will save one for my scrapbook....this is the last time I'll be getting them...no way will we ever reach pinnacle!

Bonnie

Same here, ordered them last Thursday. Going to keep one for the scrap book. :)

Bill

Seriously, this "ruined your day"???:eek:

Yep !!!! Maybe no big deal to you...but ever since they did away with the cruise booklets you could still look forward to receiving those luggage tags in the mail...and somehow that was exciting...Apparently not for you and a few other's..but it would have been nice to still have the option for those of us that "want" them...Guess I'm just an old fashioned kind of cruiser ;):)

It does seem more and more that Pinnacle and Suite are starting to get teamed up together.....this rings a bell with some recent threads about changes coming to C&A and some privileges...especially with the CL/DL....don't think that will be happening real real soon....but further proof that if anything the CL will probably just switch over to Suite and Pinnacle in the not all that distant future.

The pieces of the puzzle are slowly falling into place....one piece at a time.:D

I agree!!! Do people even know how they sound when they gripe about luggage tags???????????

I'm going to laminate mine and glue on decorative multi colored rick rack!

That's true! Maybe I will make my tags (complete with rick rack) and mail them to myself!!!

Hope you don't "gripe" when you reach D+ and can't use the CL...I'll watch for your post :D

Same here, ordered them last Thursday. Going to keep one for the scrap book. :)

Bill

I have 6 unused tags from the cruise I took this weekend. I'm thinking we can all save our unused tags and for the next year or so, trade them off to one another. ;)

Guess it is worth it to be Pinnacle;)

Just think how many cruises people will book to get there now. All for free luggage tags. :rolleyes: :D

Gina

I'm wondering how long it will take for the suite and pinnacle folks to start complaining about how RCI is giving them a benefit that everyone else finds to be so trivial. They might just see it as insulting that RCI is giving them something that no one else seems to care about.;)

This has ruined my day :mad:...Just one more cheap downgrade from RCI to their loyal royals :(...This should still be available to D+ as it's taken most of us a long time to get there...What's next :confused:

Go outside and enjoy yourself.

Good idea,but I imagine now with people making their own tags,some will look the same,some very different...feel bad to the ones who have to sort thru the luggage.at least with the tags they gave us,they knew exactly what to look for.......

We won't be making our own luggage tags. You print them like you do with your Set Sail Pass. They are official luggage tags color coded for your deck with your name and room number already on them. You just fold it and put it in the clear luggage tag holder. Easy!

serendipity is the website to get the clear holders. worked great and are reusable cruise after cruise. I didn't like the wraps that came with them to hold them, but you can get the electrical tie wraps and cut them for each cruise. They won't fall off with them!

That's where I got mine. Mine came with clear plastic wraps that have a little stretch to them. Did you have these fall off your luggage:eek:? I'm not seeing how that could happen unless you got the longer wraps-they came in 6 inch and 9 inch -I got the 6 inch.

Would like to hear your experience with this so I don't have it happen to me.

Just wondering-

Hope you don't "gripe" when you reach D+ and can't use the CL...I'll watch for your post :D

I don't have to be a D+ to use the CL I just need to book suite... no big deal. I think the C&A perks are nice but my cruise does not revolve around having them...or not...or luggage tags for that matter:D....Quite frankly I prefer the DL to the CL on most of the ships that offer both so it really doesn't matter. If they removed both the DL and CL I wouldn't care, I use them because I can but I would just find another place to socialize.

Bag Tag Mailer Updates: Please be aware that for the Royal Caribbean International brand, effective for all guest documents issued on, or after, August 8, 2012, we will be eliminating the ability to order a Bag Tag Mailer for all guests/bookings with the exception of Crown & Anchor Pinnacle members and Suite guests (Grand Suites and above). For all other Royal Caribbean International bookings, bag tags will now be included as a page within the eDoc ticket booklets, which can then be printed and attached by the guest. At this time, while we will still allow a bag tag mailing address to be entered within the CruiseMatch booking engine, please be aware that after August 8, 2012 no mailers will be sent to any addresses that are provided here for Royal Caribbean International bookings. At this time, these changes do not impact guests/bookings on either the Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Club Cruises brands.

Just for my own personal nosiness :o where did you find this? I have been searching the site and haven't spotted it.

I'm wondering how long it will take for the suite and pinnacle folks to start complaining about how RCI is giving them a benefit that everyone else finds to be so trivial. They might just see it as insulting that RCI is giving them something that no one else seems to care about.;)

I don't know about that...there are a lot of people here that feel very strongly about their little paper luggage tags.

I don't have to be a D+ to use the CL I just need to book suite... no big deal. I think the C&A perks are nice but my cruise does not revolve around having them...or not...or luggage tags for that matter:D....Quite frankly I prefer the DL to the CL on most of the ships that offer both.

I agree about the DL...I prefer that too...My cruises don't revolve around the cruise credits either...I cruised before RCI gave any recognition at all ;)

Archived