Royal does away with bag tags...except for Suite and Pinnacle guests

I ordered some plastic baggage tag holders (google them) from a company for a trip on Princess, as Princess quit sending out anything more than what can be printed on your printer, and folded.

The plastic baggage tag holders are great, as I use an inkjet printer, and now, if they are in the rain, no big deal.

We are elite with Princess.......but it's a print your own with them, I don't see why Royal Caribbean could not take that money and put it back into food!

At least, I hope that is what will happen!!;)

Rick

I was wondering what happened to the green luggage square that we would click on and give our information and Voila!...ordered Luggage tags?

I received an E mail confirmation that my docs were ready to fill out and Sail pass ready to print but could not find the Luggage tab.

I think RCCL is going a bit far now. I enjoyed receiving these luggage tags and attaching them to my suitcases. Oh well.......:confused:

I can't wait to see the porters on the pier trying to hand print tags for 3000 people carrying 6000 bags.. :eek::eek:

I would check the writing on the tags just to make sure they show up in your room. We had tags done at the pier a few cruises ago when we room switched 14 days prior to departure and the porters writing had me a bit concerned. They did show up in our room... but after making 6000 tags who knows. Maybe real tags might make a comeback for the possible logistical nightmare of mislabeled luggage littering I95 as the owners search for their bags. Porters union unite and refuse to make the tags!:p

We have made them for Princess we can make them for RCI.:)

I ordered some plastic baggage tag holders (google them) from a company for a trip on Princess, as Princess quit sending out anything more than what can be printed on your printer, and folded.

The plastic baggage tag holders are great, as I use an inkjet printer, and now, if they are in the rain, no big deal.

Rick

Thanks. I will order some.

I can't wait to see the porters on the pier trying to hand print tags for 3000 people carrying 6000 bags.. :eek::eek:

Whenever I needed luggage tags at the pier, the porters handed me the tag and pen and had me fill them out. I can see the line backing up though if everyone is filling out tags there. Hopefully there will be a priority line :) for those who already have their tags printed out.

Gina

Whenever I needed luggage tags at the pier, the porters handed me the tag and pen and had me fill them out. I can see the line backing up though if everyone is filling out tags there. Hopefully there will be a priority line :) for those who already have their tags printed out.

Gina

Here is the link --

https://secure.cruisingpower.com/public/alert.do

I was wondering what happened to the green luggage square that we would click on and give our information and Voila!...ordered Luggage tags?

I received an E mail confirmation that my docs were ready to fill out and Sail pass ready to print but could not find the Luggage tab.

I think RCCL is going a bit far now. I enjoyed receiving these luggage tags and attaching them to my suitcases. Oh well.......:confused:

Well, if you are thinking of switching over to Princess, or Carnival, get used to printing out your own tags!

A bit far...........I think not, especially if they are re instating a food menu, and food to not only be on a par with Princess, but surpass it.

And if you were given the option of having your baggage tickets printed out and sent to you..............or a new dining room menu, with a better cut of food..........which would you go for???:rolleyes::D

Rick

So since I got my e docs today for my majesty cruise I should still be getting real tags right?

I'd go into online check-in and request them today or tomorrow if I were you... If there isn't a link to request them there, then you won't be getting them in the mail.

I've considered ordering those plastic holders for my clients... thing is, they are sized for Princess and Carnival's luggage tags, which are about 3" x 5.5"... I just measured the RCCL luggage tags and they are 1.75" x 5.5".

The RCCL tags will fit in there, but if you fold them they way they instruct, you'll have a lot of spare room side to side for them to move around in the holder. I'm a little concerned that they could fall out.

Ya I just checked my E docs and sure enough I have the new style luggage tag. Seems odd since it isn't the 8th yet.

They are including them in all the documents at this point... got 4 sets for clients earlier today. I was able to go in for each one of their reservations though and order luggage tags though in the online check-in area, so you may want to check to see if you have that pretty green button.

Well, if you are thinking of switching over to Princess, or Carnival, get used to printing out your own tags!

A bit far...........I think not, especially if they are re instating a food menu, and food to not only be on a par with Princess, but surpass it.

And if you were given the option of having your baggage tickets printed out and sent to you..............or a new dining room menu, with a better cut of food..........which would you go for???:rolleyes::D

Rick

Hmmm....those with pre-printed mailed luggage tags cannot eat in this dining room...those that printed your own...wait to be seated :eek::D

We have a September cruise booked on the Freedom in a Grand Suite. Received our edocs on Friday and there wasn't a link to order our bag tags. I just got off the phone with Royal Caribbean and after a lengthy call, bottom line is there is no way to order the tags. Their system is not allowing it. So hold off on adding that to the Suite Guest perks. Guess I'll be printing mine like everyone else. It's not a big deal to me -- just wanted to share the information.

So since I got my e docs today for my majesty cruise I should still be getting real tags right?

I just got an e-mail today letting me know Docs were ready for a Sept sailing date....I went on-line on Royal's site to the on-line check-in and ordered tags no problem...the link was right there. I figured to do it right away since they are cutting off on the 8th....but in any case I had no problem today ordering tags for a Sept 23rd sailing.

Archived