Faster to the Fun program announced today

GuitarPlayer

One thing no one has mentioned, is the late debarkation option.

If I remember from the survey correctly this would allow you to stay on the ship all day until the all ashore call is given before sail away (when they kick the wedding guests off).

Under certain circumstances that may be worth the 50 bucks.

Wow, I missed that part. So now all Platinums can stay til the All Ashore call? I would like that if I could keep my room, but I would assume the time you had to be out of your room would still be very early. (Esp if a Platinum or F2TF guest had it next!) What time do they usually give the call? I think I might be afraid I'd miss hearing it! So many times I don't hear what they say on the loudspeaker. I don't have problems hearing, but if I'm up on deck, all I hear is garbled sound.

Considering I always have my carry on with me on debarkation morning, it makes me wonder what I'd do with it if I decided to stay onboard longer. It gets annoying rolling it to breakfast, so I would not like to have to roll it around all day. Hmmm, more things to think about.

That their rooms aren't ready? That the new resident's crap might be tossed with former residents?

How would one know that the room wasn't ready unless they went to look at it? As I said, I used to go to the room early and have dropped my carry-on off even as the stewards were working on the room. (Other times, the room was already finished.) I remember there being others doing the same.

So Carnival has totally pissed off their base for an extra $750.

Brilliant!

Thier Base??? I do belive that perhaps the former plats/and diamonds feel like thier worth is 50 bucks , but certainly not thier base. thier base has changed

thier base is the new cruiser who books rooms , and consumes products and services.. IE photos, drinks, carnival excursions ..

they have been slowly going to pay for model and this is just another step in the direction.

things change, and so is carnival ...

we have people saying now its going back to the days of tier base fares.. ironic its the ones ( who thought they were carnival royalty) who booked many sailings, some who did 10 shorth cruises, never bought anything but an interior room now are moaning.

I love the idea of staterooms being available as soon as you board, no need to cart carry on luggage/soda, etc around with you.

Yep me too. I get the port first thing, but not having to carry my baggage? Totally worth $49.95 IMPO

I was upset at 1st when I read about this, but after some thought while it may not do much for me I had to think what turning Platinum meant to me.

While I have been Platinum as long as Platinum has been around and I did not have to wait for the perks at all. What I received was a lot of things free that other had to pay for(slot tourney, laundry plus all the foodie things) I thought that was neat and was worth value ie $20.00 savings on blackjack or slot tourney, $15.00 for a bag of laundry and so on. if I would have to waited for the perks I would have been excited to get the perks when I finally hit the Platinum mark and received the freebies. If the Faster to the Fun was for sale before I was Platinum I would have bought it and when I turned Platinum I would have been very excited to be able to get a $49 perk for free.

Now the new and upcoming Platinum have something else good to look forward to that has a value to them.

Our Nov.3rd was almost all bought up by our roll call. Not sure why all the fuss. There couldnt have been more than 20 or so tickets so what 40 more people.. A drop in the bucket for a few of us "lowlife" people to be able Rub elbows with all of you High and Mightys :rolleyes:

You're right! And I spent around $3000-$6,000 per (vacation season) sailing for 4 of us to "get" what $50 buys everyone else now! That stings a little bit.

Keep watching, another 20 will be available soon. And another, and another.

As soon as CCL realizes how quickly these sell out - and it seems they are - and most of the general public doesn't even know about the program yet - watch how many more- and larger- blocks will be opened up. The beards are already rubbing their hands together and saying "more, more, more!"

I was upset at 1st when I read about this, but after some thought while it may not do much for me I had to think what turning Platinum meant to me.

While I have been Platinum as long as Platinum has been around and I did not have to wait for the perks at all. What I received was a lot of things free that other had to pay for(slot tourney, laundry plus all the foodie things) I thought that was neat and was worth value ie $20.00 savings on blackjack or slot tourney, $15.00 for a bag of laundry and so on. if I would have to waited for the perks I would have been excited to get the perks when I finally hit the Platinum mark and received the freebies. If the Faster to the Fun was for sale before I was Platinum I would have bought it and when I turned Platinum I would have been very excited to be able to get a $49 perk for free.

Now the new and upcoming Platinum have something else good to look forward to that has a value to them.

Great post, I could not agree more.

I guess not everyone is outraged.

surely you have seen the outrage on the brand ambassadors facebook page. even he was too chicken to pre announce it as his ego seems to need to do.

No I have not, I'm still happy over getting two new perks for free.

Give it a week or so and you all can find something else to be outraged about.

You know whats sad? some people have booked more cruises to get to that platinum status before the end of next year... perhaps two or three cruises.. that cost them a heck of lot more than 49.95 that they could now pay!

I am one of those who booked an extra cruise to get 10 in before the new program starts. I am not sad at all. I love to cruise.

I am sailing on the Liberty in Oct and I paid my $50 for the perks.

I wish I could do the same for the Victory in Jan. but when I cruise next June I will not need to. I don't care if people pay for the perk as long as the limit the number it won't be that bad.

What an amazing amount of comments... Well as I said on post 2 of this thread:

As a Platinum I get 2 NEW "perks". For now that is great, plus the F2F people have to pay for some perks (not all that P get), are limited to a few cabins, are allowed the perks after D/P, do not use the D/P check-in area.

What a fuss over basically nothing... what I see as others have stated is people not buying a suite to get the early embarkation when they can pay the $50. If is is truly limited to a few cabins (15 someone said?) these will go the moment offered and are capacity controlled by the amount of D/P on each cruise.

What an amazing amount of comments... Well as I said on post 2 of this thread:

As a Platinum I get 2 NEW "perks". For now that is great, plus the F2F people have to pay for some perks (not all that P get), are limited to a few cabins, are allowed the perks after D/P, do not use the D/P check-in area.

What a fuss over basically nothing... what I see as others have stated is people not buying a suite to get the early embarkation when they can pay the $50. If is is truly limited to a few cabins (15 someone said?) these will go the moment offered and are capacity controlled by the amount of D/P on each cruise.

Are those 2 new perks only on those 2 ships?

And from cruise number 1, I have always proceeded directly to my room, as well as my luggage has always arrived no later than 4PM to the best of my recollection.

Of course it was and is. The stewards have been making up the Platinum cabins first for years. You didn't know that? Guess who's laughing now. :D

I asked John a few months ago if Platinum cruisers could go to their rooms early and his reply was NO!!!!!!! He said it IS NOT A BENEFIT and it is NOT listed as one either. The doors to the hallways are closed so the stewards can get all their cabins cleaned and when they are opened, it's time for everyone.

So, one of the two of you is wrong, sorry to say.

Are those 2 new perks only on those 2 ships?

And from cruise number 1, I have always proceeded directly to my room, as well as my luggage has always arrived no later than 4PM to the best of my recollection.

In 2012 the rooms usually open up about 1:30 PM.

Luggage starts around 3PM.

I just sent an email to my PVP to ask him about the capacity-controlled business. I'd like confirmation that this is NOT going to be unlimited (I don't care what the booking site says).

I'm really not all that worried about it. I haven't found that the VIP embarkation is really much quicker than just normally if you arrive fairly early (to Bermuda last October it took forever to check in as there are no computers in the VIP lounge in Norfolk!).

I rarely go to the service desk.

There are only a few tender ports. Just don't make me wait to get to HMC!

Whil I can see why many Platinum and Diamond members have their shorts in a bunch (rightfully so) I think at least for now everyone should take a "chill pill" for the following reason: Like most "excursions" this has a limited capacity and I would like to hear on from ANYONE who booked this like at 7 or 8 in the morning on the day it was rolled out. They may have seen how many slots were still available at that time. My guess is there were no more than 25 maybe 50 tops of these "excursions" available. Now we're talking about a ship that has according to the beyond ships website 1487 cabins x2= 2974 passengers. So 50 cabins (100 passengers at double occupancy) is only 3.3%of the ships passengers!

Sure people feel slighted but let this new "marketing ploy" take its course and if there is that much negative fallout from platinum members cancelling thier cruises etc etc, the accountants will be seeing RED like the Platinum and diamond members allready do. And NO Accountant likes to see red!

For years I have let Carnival know that a perk which I would enjoy is "priority" room service, and the ability to order a full breakfast via room service.

I have suggested that as a good suite perk, then as a Platinum perk, and then even as a Milestone perk (when everyone thought that was a level, LOL).

Perhaps I should now suggest that it would be a good Diamond perk - that way they would rarely be inconvenienced by the occasional guest request.

What I should realize though is that it will NEVER be offered, but it might be SOLD! :rolleyes:

I learn, albeit slowly... ;)

Since almost all of what has taken years to earn (via loyalty) can now be bypassed by $50 - I think that Carnival should add some additional value to their higher tier levels. I don't even consider the "once in a lifetime" category upgrade a viable candidate, especially since it does not apply to suites. Why in the world should someone who regularly sails in suites be told that they now have a perk, but it is pretty much useless. Oh wait, sure, I could add a 3rd/4th/5th person in our cabin for FREE, but we opt for OUR OWN cabin -- so it too is simply an illusion of a perk.

WHY DO I WASTE THE TIME EVEN STATING THESE THINGS OVER AND OVER...? :confused:

We are sailing on the Sensation tomorrow, and I am sure we'll have a great time. We have a nice cabin, I'll enjoy a tasty prime rib on Friday night.... and I'll get a BOGO tournament entry ticket (where I used to actually get a FREE one, LOL)!

Tom

You know whats sad? some people have booked more cruises to get to that platinum status before the end of next year... perhaps two or three cruises.. that cost them a heck of lot more than 49.95 that they could now pay!

Only a fool would spend so much for weak perks. The perks should have been better originally.

While I say its foolish to do something like that, I also agree it wasn't fair of Carnival. Carnival should at least offer something extra for the folks who did spend a bunch to get special treatment. It does diminish their earned perk.

Archived