Do you dress up on Pirate's night?

After reading several threads I learned about Pirate's night. I'm so excited for our cruise in 8 weeks that I went to the Party store and purchased adult attire for our Pirates night on the cruise. Have you also dressed up or is mainly kids?

We've always dressed up. You will see people as dressed up as if they just stepped off the POTC movie set, all the way down to those who (maybe) just use the pirate bandana you'll get at dinner.

Adults & kids.

We almost booked the same cruise, but DH can't afford any more time off this year :(

:)

I didn't exactly "dress up" for my pirate night, lol. I wore a knee length denim skirt, a white cami and a red old navy shirt with a pair of pirate Minnie Mouse ears I bought in the Treasure Ketch. But there were people all over the ship dressed extravagantly and some with only minor pirate touches. Have an excellent cruise!

My husband and I do not dress up (we always go to Palo or Remy on Pirate night) but our (now 8 year old) daughter always dresses up and loves it.

Many adults dress up. If you enjoy it, you should absolutely go for full regalia!

My first Disney cruise is coming up on October and thanks to this thread, I just put in an order for a pirate costume. I am looking forward to pirate night and being part of the experience. After this cruise, I'll get to wear the pirate gear again for Halloween. October is a great month to be a pirate!

I don't enjoy Pirate Night, and I've never dressed up. Usually DH and I go to Palo that night. However, on my upcoming cruise I'm traveling with girlfriends instead of DH and they're dressing up. Knowing those two women as I do, I decided that it would be in my best interest to be prepared for Pirate Night before they attempt to prepare me themselves. I will wear a Pirate headscarf, very large gold hoop earrings, black pants, black shirt and I'm making a piece of jewelry with some cute hand-carved wooden parrots that I found in a box of junk jewelry. A bit of "trashy" makeup and this old lady will be a pirate wench!

Beth

After reading several threads I learned about Pirate's night. I'm so excited for our cruise in 8 weeks that I went to the Party store and purchased adult attire for our Pirates night on the cruise. Have you also dressed up or is mainly kids?

Both adults and kids dress up! Please dont let comments of others INFLUENCE your decision.

Don't know why people like to be so negative on a forum :confused:

Don't know why people like to be so negative on a forum :confused:

If you are referring to me, my question is very serious. According to reliable statistics, at least 25 people have been executed by Somalian "pirates" and numerous more tortured. A second concern is having kids running around with swords.

I know I can't stop pirate night, but just wish Disney would have done something else... Character Night, Cartoon Night, etc..

If you are referring to me, my question is very serious. According to reliable statistics, at least 25 people have been executed by Somalian "pirates" and numerous more tortured. A second concern is having kids running around with swords.

I know I can't stop pirate night, but just wish Disney would have done something else... Character Night, Cartoon Night, etc..

Pirate night is a character night - the pirates they are showcasing are the ones in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, not the modern pirates that are in the news now.

And the good guys win.

:)

I was surprised, I got my whole family to dress up on our 1st DCL cruise this year. DH usually won't even consider a costume and DD was 15 months and I wasn't sure that she would tolerate a costume. She didn't care for the hat much, but we got REALLY good photos with Mickey, Jack Sparrow, and Chip and Dale!!! I think it's worth it for the photos alone. We wore our pirate gear at dinner as well.

P1040800.JPG

@redxpanda,

I like your photo and your enthusiasm to dress as pirates, including your cute daughter !

I and my wife and 3 year old son, just wore the pirate bandana they gave away for free :D

P.S: I hate to carry costumes on a holiday specially when we have two flights to catch for the travel.:)

When you cruise with DCL, you "suspend your disbelief" at the terminal, just like you do when you pass thru the gates at WDW or DL. So we who dress up as silly Caribbean pirates from the 1800's are not intentionally glorifying real-life Somali pirates of modern times. We're just having fun and escaping the "real world" for a week! And dressing up for Pirate night truly intensifies the FUN!

A serious-minded person probably wouldn't enjoy a Disney cruise if he couldn't cut loose, dress up & enjoy a little make-believe. Disney can be overly cutsey & isn't for everyone.

I do understand Yogimax's point, as my husband is the scholarly-type who can hardly tolerate frivolous fun like dressing up & would probably gag watching one of the cruise shows. Thats why "Grumpy" stays home while I go on Disney cruises, dress up & have the time of my life!

I thought pirates were bad guys from Somalia who kidnap innocent people, hold them for ransom and kill a few.

This is a serious question...

Why do we glorify pirates?

Would it make you feel better if they called it Privateers of the Carribean?

Life is too short to take things so serious. Dress up if you like. Our first DC we did not know what to expect now planning our second we are so ready for pirate night! We take regular clothes and really doll them up for pirate night. It is fun and I totally agree that you need to leave all reservations and inhibitions aside and pretend you are young again!:p

Archived