Emerald Princess Dining Times/Access?

cobblestone

Forgive me for posting this in the incorrect place, if I have in fact done so.

My question has to do with the buffet dining options on Emerald. I have been on several Princess cruises before but none for at least 3 years. I understand there is a new International Cafe (buffet) on Emerald, which I guess is located in the back of Horizon Court. HC was one of my favorite things about Princess, and the ability to access it any time 24 hours a day.

My concern is, despite reading on here and on the Princess site (whose table listing dining options and times is a little confusing to me), the conflicting reports about what is open when. Some say both the International ("Caribe"?) and Horizon are open for breakfast and lunch every day and only International is open for dinner. Some say they both alternate for all meals and only one is ever open. Some say they alternate for dinner only and only one is open for dinner... but only on certain days... and only until a certain time. Some say which is open depends on whether it is a sea day or shore day, and that whatever day it is, for a late night snack you must go to somewhere other than the International or Horizon. I have also heard that 24 hour per day buffets have gone bye-byes and that there is no access to food after midnight, or even 11:00 or 11:30pm.

Does anyone know the truth of this? Is there a "24 hour buffet"? Is at least one buffet open ALL OF THE TIME.... even at 3:00 am... and if so which one is it? Are both buffets ever open at the same time? What about for dinner?

In essence does anyone who has been on Emerald lately know or remember how the buffets operate/alternate/etc...?

If you liked the variety of choices and the ability to meet your family for lunch, dinner, whatever, whenever you wanted, and liked being able to go grab a snack whenever you wanted, even in the wee hours of the morning, how would you feel about the new buffet arrangement on Emerald?

The international is not a buffet like the Horizon. It is more like a walk-up where you choose your food, it is given to you over the counter. It is heavy on gorgeous desserts but also has sandwiches and salads. Their selection does not mirror the Horizon court.

The International is not adjacent to the Horizon court...the Caribe is. The IC is adjacent to the atrium at the bottom of all the fancy stairs.

As far as accurate hours of operation, others will have to comment. I would say that for coffee card holders, the IC is the place to go for brewed coffee as well as mocha and cappacino drinks.

I think you've confused the International Cafe with the Cafe Caribe.

The International Cafe is a 24/7 "snack" place on deck 5 in the Atrium. It has pastries, muffins, donuts and a breakfast sandwich (like a McMuffin) in the morning; pastries, cookies, donuts, salads, sandwiches and paninis the rest of the time. The salads include a delicious chicken Waldorf salad, shrimp, and a Greek salad. You can go there at 3am for something to eat.

The Cafe Caribe is an extension of the buffet. In the morning, it has some, not all, of the breakfast items as the Horizon Court. At lunch, there is often a specialty item or two not offered in the HC such as wok or pan-fried dishes. Either or both the Cafe Caribe and the Horizon Court are open from 5am until 11pm with a good selection throughout the day and evening.

The grill opens for lunch through the evening as is the pizza. Room service is available 24/7.

Click here for Emerald Princess dining times...

Actually, I think those are pretty accurate. The only thing I would add is that the Cafe Caribe breakfast is a bit more continental. There are a few hot items but the majority of the offerings are in the cereal, yogurts, pastries and fruit families.

One more thing: if the OP is asking about the Emerald in the Caribbean, on two port days last year - Grenada and Bonaire- with early/late arrivals/departures, the dining room was also open for lunch. It was nice!

Forgive me for posting this in the incorrect place, if I have in fact done so.

My question has to do with the buffet dining options on Emerald. I have been on several Princess cruises before but none for at least 3 years. I understand there is a new International Cafe (buffet) on Emerald, which I guess is located in the back of Horizon Court. HC was one of my favorite things about Princess, and the ability to access it any time 24 hours a day.

My concern is, despite reading on here and on the Princess site (whose table listing dining options and times is a little confusing to me), the conflicting reports about what is open when. Some say both the International ("Caribe"?) and Horizon are open for breakfast and lunch every day and only International is open for dinner. Some say they both alternate for all meals and only one is ever open. Some say they alternate for dinner only and only one is open for dinner... but only on certain days... and only until a certain time. Some say which is open depends on whether it is a sea day or shore day, and that whatever day it is, for a late night snack you must go to somewhere other than the International or Horizon. I have also heard that 24 hour per day buffets have gone bye-byes and that there is no access to food after midnight, or even 11:00 or 11:30pm.

Does anyone know the truth of this? Is there a "24 hour buffet"? Is at least one buffet open ALL OF THE TIME.... even at 3:00 am... and if so which one is it? Are both buffets ever open at the same time? What about for dinner?

In essence does anyone who has been on Emerald lately know or remember how the buffets operate/alternate/etc...?

If you liked the variety of choices and the ability to meet your family for lunch, dinner, whatever, whenever you wanted, and liked being able to go grab a snack whenever you wanted, even in the wee hours of the morning, how would you feel about the new buffet arrangement on Emerald?[/quote

No 24 Hour Buffet any more. This was discontinued a year or two ago.There is 24 hr. room service. Cafe Carib and the Horizon Ct. are similar serving areas that share the same seating areas. Different serving sections are open according to expected customer volume. They are not really two different restaurants. Different counters serve different selections, although evening dinner is normally available at the Cafe Carib Counters.

Botticelli DR Deck 6 aft, Traditional early & late Seatings.

Summary of Dining Options

Da Vinci & Michelangelo DR's Decks 5 and 6 mid ship Any Time Dining, although one or part of one of these dining rooms may be used for overflow early seating dining.

One of the DR's will be open each day for breakfast and on sea days for lunch

International Cafe, Deck 5 Piazza, Open 24 hours, a walk up counter, things like danish, doughnuts, egg mc muffin for breakfast, lunch & dinner: salads, paninis, soup, desserts, soft cookies, late night: cheese & crackers, fruit, cookies things like that.

Horizon Ct & Cafe Carib, These are traditional buffet areas where you walk through the line and select what you like. At various times during the day different areas will be open. These areas are open for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner from around 6AM to 11PM, sometimes midnight. They are no longer open 24 hours.

Trident Grill, Pizza & Ice Cream Bar Open from around 11AM until early evening. May be open later for MUTS.

Depending on the voyage, The Crown Grill may be open for Pub Lunch on 1 or 2 sea days.

There is no extra charge for any of these areas, mentioned above.

The Crown Grill, Deck 7 & Sabatini's, Deck 16 are open for dinner. There is a surcharge for this dining.

Actually, I think those are pretty accurate. The only thing I would add is that the Cafe Caribe breakfast is a bit more continental. There are a few hot items but the majority of the offerings are in the cereal, yogurts, pastries and fruit families.

Also, any breakfast offerings in Cafe Caribe are also available (along with much more) in the Horizon Court.

Archived