Does anyone cruise and never see a show?

LouLou921

We usually skip the production shows, have not seen one yet that I would pay to see back at home. We will go to the comedians and magicians. We actually saw Jeff Dunham years ago and several other good ones since.

But sometimes the best show is just sitting and watching your fellow passengers go by.

Mike

We are from Las Vegas, so we can see big shows (and amazing shows) pretty much anytime we want. So the shows onboard ships are often disappointing and we seldom if ever go to see them.

Having said that, we did our first ever mega-ship cruise, on the Freedom, last November and because we were with family we went to the shows....and I have to admit they were great! The best shows we have ever seen on cruise ships.

If ever we go on Allure or Oasis we will see those shows, but we will probably skip most of the shows on our upcoming cruises.

We cruise for the ports. We take port intensive cruises. We would rather spend our days out exploring St Petersburg or Istanbul or Venice or Volcanos National Park or hiking a glacier or the such than spending our evenings watching a show (gotta sleep sometime!)--no shows for us on any of our last three or four cruises

We always go to the shows. We have missed 2 on our cruises, one was a duplicate comedian who was not good the first time, and the other we missed because we were having dinner at Chops. Love the shows. To me there is nothing better than live entertainment. We always choose late dining and that gives us time to do other things after dinner.

What the show is playing, and what ship, we never miss the Ice shows, and some of the better performances of different types, we generally do not want to get there two hours early for best seats, and usually find a nice seat where we can leave if it is not enjoyable for us.

I am hearing impaired, legally deaf, in the speech pattern, so I do not enjoy comedy or other entertainment where there are punch lines, and or poorly articulated lines or even songs. It seems all singers, well for the most part, all RC's singers sound the same, and understanding words in songs, is a PITA, if I can relate to the instrumental portion I have a good time.

If I were to cruise on the Allure or Oasis I would probably try to make most shows, hearing issue set aside, as we read reviews the show on these ships are a notch above the others in the fleet.

On our last Majesty cruise, we met a mother and daughter on the last night and asked if they were going to the show. They asked "What show?" We explained that there were shows every night. They asked where and how much?

So apparently, not only do some people not go to the shows, some don't even know that there are free shows!

I just don't know how interested I am in them.

Never? Haven't missed all of them yet, but frequently we will skip several. Next time on Allure we will skip most since its our 2nd time. I may see Blue Planet just to see the part I was looking forward to the most and they inexplicably skipped on my cruise. We may watch the Aquatheater show from the balcony on deck 12 if the weather is nice. I was thinking of seeing the ice show for the very first time ever. I think it is going to depend on our mood. Sometimes we skip almost everything.,

I just don't know how interested I am in them.

My wife and I have never gone to any of the shows on board, its just not our thing. The shows are one of those things that you either love them or hate them. Its not that we hate them and the performers do a wonderful job but my wife and I would prefer to walk outside with the ocean breeze and the sound of the ship gliding through the water.

We will also head to the Viking Crown or the Schooner Bar for after dinner drinks and music.

Smitty

When we first started cruising, mom and I would go to the shows. But they are always so loud that we can't enjoy them. So I've stopped going. Mom might go now and then but she usually leaves early because of the volume (I think it's more that she just wants to play bingo before the show ;)).

I would much rather spend that time walking around the ship. Most people are either at dinner or at the show so it's a bit less crowded in the public areas. I like to wander around on the deck or check out the shops, or stop in at one of the smaller venues (although I usually don't stay long there because they're just too smoky which is sad because I love jazz). Then back to the cabin to sit out on the balcony, read a book or work on my daily journal entry before going to bed.

I went to the ice show on my last cruise. Otherwise, I've never been to a Royal Caribbean show, and don't feel the need. I live and work in NYC and go to Broadway shows a lot, so I don't really feel like I need to when I'm at sea (and I'm sorry if that makes me sound like a snob, but I feel like vacation should be a time to do the things I don't do ashore!)

We typically skip the production singing/dancing shows, and hit the comedy shows, magic shows, and the action/comedy. My husband dislikes the production shows, and I find most to be rather boring, with an ocassionally good one here and there.

Sometimes we elect to visit the hot tub after dinner and have a quiet evening. The hot tubs are usually empty then. Sometimes we go listens to the bands near the casio.

Archived