Does anyone cruise and never see a show?

LouLou921

On Majesty, since we cruise her all the time, we normally skip the shows except maybe the first night comedian.

But on other cruises, we enjoy the shows. On Oasis/Allure the shows were amazing. We saw pretty much everything except the comedy. But for the most part, we enjoy the shows, and I love music/production types shows so always try to hit those.

Me! I like comedians, the acrobatic jugglers and the Love & Marriage type shows. And on my upcoming Epic I want to see Blue Man Group. But that's it.

What drives me crazy is that for a "9pm show" it was standing room only by 8:30 on my last two Enchantment cruises. So I walk in at 8:30 - see the crowd and simply walked right back out again. ;) I would rather watch the ocean. Which is what I did - I walked out of the theatre and went straight out to Deck 5 to watch the water.

My husband and I are not show people, and usually avoid them on cruises. We prefer other evening activities. That said, we did see the ice show on the Liberty of the Seas and loved it. We were able to make a reservation online ahead of time, so had no problem getting a seat for the show. It seemed dicey if you did not have a reservation, though. Our show was full.

I love to go to the shows. My boyfriend does not like to go at all.

I generally go by myself unless we've met someone on the cruise where I can tag along. I even like the cheesy shows. Once, it was so bad I did leave early. I really like the newer shows (up in the air was awesome). I do not always make it to the shows, but I do try to if at all possible.

We live near Branson, MO where many of the headline acts seems to have been at one time or another. I have many friends in the entertainment industry there and used to love to go to those shows in my old life--but again, can't ever get my boyfriend to go now and I don't want to go "alone". It's perfect on the cruise ship that I can see them (and sometimes even see old friends I haven't seen in awhile). Being alone there doesn't bother me as much :)

DH does not like musical production shows--so, we usually skip those. We go to the comedy shows, Quest and Love and Marriage. (you can see the comedy theme going here)

One thing that influences this is that we like to eat on the late seating. (This gives us more time to get ready for dinner after sightseeing on port days.) The issue is that shows (almost everything on the ship) is based on the early seating. Many of our shows were before dinner. (right when we are getting ready or having a pre-dinner drink)

I just don't know how interested I am in them.

Except for the magnificent "Hairspray" on Oasis, I never go to shows any more. The volume is set far too loud. It totally spoils the entertainment in every venue.

(But then I've cruised about 20 times. If cruising were still pretty new for me, I probably would suffer through the decibels.)

Kathy

I just don't know how interested I am in them.

I personally don't skip shows because I feel like I've already paid for them, so I want to get the most out of my cruising experience. You can always go to a show and leave early if it isn't to your liking.

We went to the shows on our first cruise and were very disappointed. But we do LOVE live music of all kinds and we enjoy going dancing every night to good bands of every kind. We will try a show but sit by the entry way so we can slip out without disturbing anyone which we have invariably always ended up doing. Also I find the humor very gutterish... even some of the 'family' shows have been very cheap, no creativity! We may have enjoyed one out of six comedians so again we sit near the exit.

After many cruises we rarely go to the shows. Have enjoyed the ice show but that's about it. Way in the past, RCL had "name" entertainment and we would often attend those shows. That has long gone like several other good things about the cruise. However, I still love the ship and will continue to cruise. At this point we have three booked and have noticed others have many more that that planned.

Used to "see" all the shows, felt it was mandatory, but the thrill wore off. Do what we do when we do go to a show, sit in the back with as few obstructions as possible so you can escape if you can/want to. Not that all are bad, i.e. solo performers, but the production numbers can be quite boring after a while.

Archived