I just got the upsell call!!

nunuc2000

You hear about this kind of thing on occasion, but I've always just brushed it off as rumours and baseless myth... but it turns out it actually does happen!! :D

We just rec'd an email and subsequent phone call from Princess offering an upsell to a mini-suite from our current balcony for the first leg of our B2B next month... and turned it down. Now if the call for the full-suite comes in, I'm all over that!!!!!! :p:D

What was the offer$$

$299/pp to move up to an AA mid-ship mini on Dolphin deck. Not worth it to us considering we'd only be getting a sofa, second TV (what for??) and a bathtub (we prefer showers over a bath) and a welcome glass of bubbly (bringing our own anyway)... and we'd be downsizing the balcony.

Nope... not a deal for us. But it was nice to know that it actually exists.

But it surprised me a little as that cruise is completely sold out now, so perhaps they might be making some moveover offers soon. That's another offer we wouldn't be able to accept, as our flights and other travel, including the second leg of the B2B are set in stone.

What ship and what date? Sounds like the Mini that opened up on the Oct 6 sailing of the Sapphire. It's not the tub that's important for a bath, I shower too but the tub is so much nicer to shower in without that very intimate shower curtain!

The Crown on Oct 15th... no offers for the 27th leg of this B2B... yet! :D

I thought that the offer may have been made because the Middle East is upset again. I thought maybe people were having 2nd thoughts. Hope all goes very well for you.

I could see that being the case on our second leg, which goes to Egypt, but this leg does not... so not sure that can be cited as a reason. Thanks for the well wishes :)

Archived