I'm gettin' that cruise fever....

kijjy

Ok so it's been 6 months since my last cruise and I've been bitten by the bug again.... starting to have cruise withdrawals.... have to start planning the next one....

What has been YOUR favorite cruise and why?

Everyone of my cruises has been excellent. My last cruise we had all five grandkids onboard Freedom of the Seas, so that was cool.. We have done a 12 night "Best of Europe Cruise" on Voyager of the Seas; our 25th anniversary was a cruise out of Venice was on Splendour of the Seas, that was great too.

I have to agree with the above. The cruise I'm currently on, or the next one, is my favorite one!!

I love planning, anticipating and GOING on the next cruise! The cruise bug didn't bite me, he's chewing me alive. :)

It really is impossible to pick just one. Here are my top 3:

1. Alaska - this was our virgin cruise and the whole experience totally blew us away - the scenery, the ease of transportation (especially with 2 young children), great kids club, fabulous food and service. I am not exaggerating to say this cruise really changed our lives and opened our horizons.

2. British Isles/Norway - the whole package: culture, history and to-die-for scenery.

3. Med - great blend of large cities and small walkable towns. Fantastic architecture, art, food and history.

We've cruised Carnival and RCI, and I have to say RCI beats Carnival, hands down. We're not much into the whole drinking and partying scene,so Carnival doesn't have much to do for us, on the days at sea. The Explorer of the Seas was by far the best ship I have been on, thus far! I'm looking forward to our cruise in Dec, because it's of the same class as the Explorer. The Eastern Caribbean (St. Lucia, St. Thomas, Nassau, etc) out of Miami on the Explorer was the BEST! Eastern Caribbean out of New Orleans was not that great, as far as the ports are concerned.

It really is impossible to pick just one. Here are my top 3:

1. Alaska - this was our virgin cruise and the whole experience totally blew us away - the scenery, the ease of transportation (especially with 2 young children), great kids club, fabulous food and service. I am not exaggerating to say this cruise really changed our lives and opened our horizons.

2. British Isles/Norway - the whole package: culture, history and to-die-for scenery.

3. Med - great blend of large cities and small walkable towns. Fantastic architecture, art, food and history.

I have yet to take the cruises above. Part of my bucket list now....

I was on a Horizion (Celebrity ship now retired) & Spirit (Carnival) repositioning cruise they were both wonderful! I liked flying to one port and visiting a few days then sailing to a different port to visit before going home. I also enjoy the family cruises I have been on. They really are my favorite as the family memories replay time and again.

Probably....one of our favorite cruises was the Hawaii to Ensanada one. Here are the photos:

http://www.herbytoys.com/Hawaii2006a.htm

Since Royal Caribbean is no longer sailing on the West Coast....their Hawaii cruises go to Vancouver.

It's a fun way to see the islands. We flew in 4 nights before the cruise, so we could experience the Pearl Harbor memorial, shop at the Aloha flea market, tour the island and just generally have a great time. :D

Alaska cruise - HANDS DOWN my fav! Alaska is beautiful.

My last cruise with the family was a fav as well. Nothing like creating memories with your family. 20 years from now I know the kids will remember this and talk about it. Nothing like a family reunion cruise.

I've been surfing the net since I got back from my cruise in July for a cruise this fall but I don't think I'll be able to swing it. I look at some folks signatures and they cruise 4, 5, 6 times a year. Man I wish I had the vacation days to cruise like that.

I agree with cynt. Alaska by far!...and I'm glad that was my first ever cruise. The GF always thinks of cruising as a 'warm' vacation and I'm having trouble selling her on Alaska. I'll keep at it just to go back some day.

Hawaii - our first cruise (NCL)

Then Hawaii to Tahite (princess) topped that

then Antartica (Princess) for completely opposite reasons

and we have just done the vancouver to Hawaii (RCCL)

we got an exceptionally calm Baltic in May this year (P and O)

our least favourite was probably the far east - although we loved Vietnam and we will now try a land holiday there sometime.

Bucket list -Panama Canal - possibly Alaska (but some of the people we met on the van-hawaii did not rate it!!) New england in the fall, Norwegian ffjords................

We have a transatlantic booked for April (taking full advantage of RCCLs offer of free drinks) so looking forward to that

Anywhere in the carribean. Even though took my first cruise this year in the Med on the Splendour and it was great, this will be the first year since 1989 I have not taken a carribean cruise each year. Almost booked Allure this month but guess wait till next year.

I differentiate between beach holidays or visiting ones . Europe for me is all about visiting as were Alaska....could not EXACTLY call it a beach vacation ...LOL ...Northern Europe, South America and the Med .Hard to say which was my fabvorite .. I loved them all

However a Caribbean Holiday is all about beaches and snorkeling ....LOVE those in winter when its MINUS 99 degrees .....of course I'm exagerating but the cold CAn get nasty up this way

Favorites include SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN .....Love those !!!Cannot wait till next one

I agree with cynt. Alaska by far!...and I'm glad that was my first ever cruise. The GF always thinks of cruising as a 'warm' vacation and I'm having trouble selling her on Alaska. I'll keep at it just to go back some day.

Keep trying. I was the same away until I actually went last year for the first time....and then we went back this summer too! If you go, I would recommend ensuring you do the land portion as well (we did it first and I think I would prefer that so you're fresh for that part and then can relax on the cruise portion).

When we went back this year we only did the cruise portion and I felt it "lacking" a little bit. Don't misunderstand me, we had a GREAT time this summer as well, it was just "different". I really missed Denali!

Keep trying. I was the same away until I actually went last year for the first time....and then we went back this summer too! If you go, I would recommend ensuring you do the land portion as well (we did it first and I think I would prefer that so you're fresh for that part and then can relax on the cruise portion).

When we went back this year we only did the cruise portion and I felt it "lacking" a little bit. Don't misunderstand me, we had a GREAT time this summer as well, it was just "different". I really missed Denali!

Would LOVE to do a cruise tour up there! Thankfully, Princess is home-porting a ship in San Francisco beginning early next year. That will make it easier...err perhaps too easy...to do at least Hawaii and possibly Alaska in 2013 :)

I don't think I can pick a favorite. Honeymoon cruise in 1990 got us hooked and we haven't stopped yet. Doing B2B in Jan on Liberty then Jewel. We will be in our first balcony can't wait. We did promenade on Freedom awesome. We absolutely loved everything about Radiance. My sister married on Enchantment, why didn't I think of that. We sailed on final sailing of Soveriegn that was very special cruise. I always remember we were on Dolphin cruise many years ago and docked with Magesty she was huge compared to our ship I said we are going on that ship next and we did. Funny how these days that HUGE ship is now the smallest RCCL has. Legend, Mariner, Grandure,and Monarch have their own special qualities. We mainly cruise for the ship but we have done some wonderful excursion over the years. We have done snorkeling, swim with stingrays, zipline in Belize, and Dunns river falls in Jamaica.

Archived