If you don't go to half moon cay

bermudashorts

Depends on the itinerary...if you have a sea day after the scheduled hmc stop then you will probably go to Freeport if they have an open pier, if no sea day after the scheduled hmc stop then you just get an extra sea day, maybe a longer stop in the next port...

You would just get another sea day. They will sail slowly to the next scheduled port.

Last year high winds stopped our day at HMC. We just had another sea day on our way to USVI. There were many upset passengers feeling that they got gypped out of a port.

What do they usually do? Remove a port stop or add another island?

I know it is a general question, but we leave today and it will be rough seas probably and wont be able to tender.

just wondering.

Doesn't really matter ...We need to get away.

Just wanted to commend you on your attitude. This morning on JH's facebook he was talking about people being upset about missed ports.

We missed a day in Cabo last month because of Hurricane Miriam.. but I was grateful that the Captain kept us all safe.

You have a great "go with the flow" attitude. Have a great cruise.. I am jealous !

We missed HMC in August due to a hurricane... went to Freeport instead. I was disappointed at first because I love HMC, but we had an TERRIFFIC time in Freeport. Got a day pass and enjoyed the beach, swim up bar in the infinity pool, and just had a nice time.

Hope you get to HMC! Enjoy whatever comes your way.

Two weeks ago (9/30/12) sitting off of Half Moon on the Liberty, it was a rainy morning with light winds. After an hour or so of delayed tendering there was an announcement that due to safety concerns Half Moon was cancelled in favor of a sea day. There is no option for Freeport in this senario as Half Moon was the fist port and Freeport was in the wrong direction. It all depends on which stop Half Moon is in the itinerary and which direction you are heading. It is always better than a good day at work!:cool:

We were supposed to go to Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk and Nassau but were diverted to Cape Canaveral, Nassau and Freeport. Cape Canaveral was a waste of a port. I go on vacation to go to other countries not to stay here. The beach didn't compare to the Caribbean. Needless to say I was disappointed. Half Moon Cay looked gorgeous and was a large reason why we chose that ship.

Two weeks ago (9/30/12) sitting off of Half Moon on the Liberty, it was a rainy morning with light winds. After an hour or so of delayed tendering there was an announcement that due to safety concerns Half Moon was cancelled in favor of a sea day. There is no option for Freeport in this senario as Half Moon was the fist port and Freeport was in the wrong direction. It all depends on which stop Half Moon is in the itinerary and which direction you are heading. It is always better than a good day at work!:cool:

I was on the same sailing and had a cabana booked at HMC. I was a little surprised we skipped HMC since it didn't seem like conditions were all THAT bad, just rainy. We were all waitiing down in the Victoria Lounge for the first tender and the Shore Excursions folks were saying it looked like conditions would improve...... After about an hour I was beginning to fear the worst and the moment I heard the Captain's voice on the PA and not Karl-with-a-K's, I knew we were doomed.

I was really saddened when we watched HMC slowly shrinking as we sailed away, but the early arrival in St. Thomas was kinda nice, as was the extra hour at Grand Turk. And the pile of OBC I got from the cancelled cabana didn't hurt either! :)

Archived