We Sail the South Pacific on HAL’s Newest Ship – the Queen Mary

SailorJack

So pleasedo tell ....how was the Argentinian navy???

Still resting with fishes????

WhenI went to SA the weather was horrendous we missed so many ports including Falklands

For us the Cape Horn Was a shadow behind a cloud .now you see it now you donT ....cannot. Understand the fuss about the spot!!!

Cannot wait to read you again...welcome back

Michele

We actually had pretty good weather. It was great around the Horn, but we encountered a lot of fog as we neared Antarctica - however it cleared up and we actually had great visability. One of the people that was on the cruise said this was his third trip and the first one where he was able to see anything.

Wow, we do seem to be keeping a similar itinerary. We got back from Antarctica on Feb. 1. It was a great trip unfortunately we didn't get to stop in Ushuaia or the Falklands. Saw great numbers of whales, penquins and icebergs. Glad you enjoyed your trip, we sure did.

Ralph and Jean

We also saw a great number of the same things you did. Some of the whales breached just yards off the side of the ship. We had a great time. but I really prefer warm weather sailing.:D As was the case with a great number of people on the ship Antarctica was the 7th continent we have visited. That was one of the reasons we took the trip, but the other was to see what I had heard was spectacular scenery...which we certainly saw.

Jack

Edited by SailorJack

Please post pictures . I would love to go and see something there but i had a bad experience in SA not tempted to go back

Icebergs have a great fasination for me looking forward to your review

Sorry to hear about your experience in SA! There really are a lot of very beautiful places there. I worked in Lima, Peru for a time and fell in love with the city. Jill would love to move to Montevideo.

We took nearly 600 pictures, so hopefully we can cull a few out to post. I thought that was a lot until a lady next to us said she had taken over 2000. This is certainly one of the main advantages of Digital cameras. Can you imagine the cost of film and developing for 2000 photos.:eek:

Please post pictures . I would love to go and see something there but i had a bad experience in SA not tempted to go back

Icebergs have a great fasination for me looking forward to your review

I posted the Infinity review on the Celebrity board yesterday...hope you enjoy it.:)

• 3 months later...
Sailor Jack: If you are not already a published author, you should immediately spend some time compiling a book of your cruise reviews, include pages previously left on the cutting room floor, and find a publisher. I don't know anyone who cruises who would not pay $19.95 for a copy of your cruise reviews. I see the book as a great gift for seasoned travelers and a wonderful introduction to crusing for those unfortunate folks who have yet to enjoy the pleasures of cruising. Plus the need for additional research material for sequeals gives you reason (as if you need one) to take more cruises.

I agree, a book please.

I agree, a book please.

I think the closest I will ever get to a book is the compilation of my reviews put together by another cruise critic poster. He has put the reviews into e-reader format for downloads. A book just sounds like too much work!:D

• 4 years later...
😂 laughing sooo hard started crying!!!!LOL

Thank you for the best review !!

Denise:)

You are more than welcome - glad you enjoyed it. By the way, I lived in Encinitas for a couple of years - it was fun to see your screen name.

Jack

I believe you said on another thread that you two were from or had lived in Oklahoma.

Is that correct?

Have not lived in Oklahoma. Cannot recall ever having posted that - if I did I was in grievance error!:D Have resided (among other states) in Missouri, Texas, and New Mexico - all of which border Oklahoma, but not in OK itself.

Jack

I think the closest I will ever get to a book is the compilation of my reviews put together by another cruise critic poster. He has put the reviews into e-reader format for downloads. A book just sounds like too much work!:D

Count me as a fan.🍿Can you supply details on how to get to the ereader version?

I tried via CC to find your Antarctica review and keep getting “Bad Gateway” errors.😣

Count me as a fan.🍿Can you supply details on how to get to the ereader version?

I tried via CC to find your Antarctica review and keep getting “Bad Gateway” errors.😣

Sorry, I have forgotten the name the person who compiled the reviews. Perhaps someone else knows? You can find a link to my Antarctica review in my signature. Just expand the signature and clink on the "Infinity" link. I think it was either the third or fourth one down.

I tried to reread this review and none of the pictures can be opened now. Do you have them anywhere else?

I'm sorry, but they are gone. I ran out of space on Photobucket and had to delete the photos so I could post photos on a more recent review. I can't recreate them as they were stored on a hard drive that crashed.:(

Apparently you didn't read the review - where the reason for the title is explained.:D

Jack

Oh Sail did read the review back when you originally posted and made a positive comment as did I ;)

There was certainly no issues with the title back then.

It's a delightful, funny review as yours always are.

Oh Sail did read the review back when you originally posted and made a positive comment as did I ;)

There was certainly no issues with the title back then.

It's a delightful, funny review as yours always are.

How LONG AGO was that? I have no clue about any of itt. Must not have made that big an impression on me. :)