We Sail the South Pacific on HAL’s Newest Ship – the Queen Mary

SailorJack

Another great review. I always look forward to discovering one of your gems hidden somewhere on CC.

You will love X Infinity. We were just on her for 15 nights and hated to get off.

Thanks. We are looking forward to the Infinity - now less than 2 weeks away! It will only be our second sailing on Celebrity and we have fond memories of our sailing on the Galaxy. I'll hoist a tall one to you once onboard.:D

SailorJack's review of his Baltic cruise a few years ago is a classic! It had me laughing so much... especially SJ's exchange with Mac Fearghuis over blood sausage, hagis, and other delicacies. Here's a link -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=797459

Thank you SailorJack for the great reads!

- Paul in NoVA

SailorJack's review of his Baltic cruise a few years ago is a classic! It had me laughing so much... especially SJ's exchange with Mac Fearghuis over blood sausage, hagis, and other delicacies. Here's a link -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=797459

Thank you SailorJack for the great reads!

- Paul in NoVA

Thanks for the comment, Paul. It had been some time since I read the review so I had to go back and see what old man Fearguis said!:D There sure are some weird foods around the world, aren't there!:)

Sailor Jack, you are a wonderful writer and you have a great sense of humour. Love it! :D

Keep on cruising and definitely keep writing.

Thank you. Jill has another word she uses to describe my type of humor, but I am glad you enjoyed it.

Jack

Thank you SailJack!

P.S. I am still laughing about your daughter name!

You are welcome! As I am sure you can understand, we never did tell Alexis that particular story on how she came to be named!:D

Thank you Sailor Jack for the hilarious and informative review and the beautiful pictures!

I had read some of your previous reviews, so I knew I was in for a treat!

Glad you enjoyed it.:)

I always love your reviews! You're the best...please let us know where we can find your Galaxy review....and have a great cruise.

Sheila, a link to all my reviews (including the Galaxy review) can be found in my signature. But in case you have signatures turned off, the link for the Galaxy is....http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=891464

Jack

Thanks. We are looking forward to the Infinity - now less than 2 weeks away! It will only be our second sailing on Celebrity and we have fond memories of our sailing on the Galaxy. I'll hoist a tall one to you once onboard.:D

Looking forward to the review! Have a great trip.

I just found this review and I too, laughed out loud and was sorry I missed it earlier. I need to find a way to link to YOU posting, so I don't miss anything LOL

I always read your reviews and agree you should be writing professionally!

I want to do the 28 or 30 day South Pacific cruise with Princess next year. Not sure whether to go in Spring or Fall. Have you and SailorJil decided on one?

• 3 weeks later...
I just found this review and I too, laughed out loud and was sorry I missed it earlier. I need to find a way to link to YOU posting, so I don't miss anything LOL

I always read your reviews and agree you should be writing professionally!

I want to do the 28 or 30 day South Pacific cruise with Princess next year. Not sure whether to go in Spring or Fall. Have you and SailorJil decided on one?

Sorry to take so long in responding, but we left for our Antarctic cruise on Feb1 and just got back to day. (By the way it was OUTSTANDING!).

To answer your question we are definitely looking at a Spring cruise on Princess in the South Pacific, but have not made a decision yet.

Glad you enjoyed the review...I should have my Infinity review up in the next couple of days over on the Celebrity board.:)

As a Brit, even I am a big fan of your reviews, so will look forward with anticipation to the next one! As a matter of interest, what model camera did you use for your fantastic photos?

Again, sorry for the delay...I use a Nikon D40 SLR camera with a variety of lenses. I have been getting some pretty good results with a new Nikon 10-20 Ultra wide lens...it is my newest toy!:D

Sailor Jack,

Just found your review today. The "Queen Mary" in the title caught my attention and I'm so glad it did. What a hoot - I couldn't stop laughing. As others have said, don't cut out any portions (we will read them all). Now I am going to read your previous reviews and look forward to your latest. Keep cruising and keep writing!

Thanks for the great review. We were on the Queen Mary with you and in fact went on to New Zealand. I only regret that we didn't get a chance to meet you and Sailor Jill, we were at the meet and greet but there were a lot of people. It was a great trip and your colorful review brings back a lot of memories.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the great review. We were on the Queen Mary with you and in fact went on to New Zealand. I only regret that we didn't get a chance to meet you and Sailor Jill, we were at the meet and greet but there were a lot of people. It was a great trip and your colorful review brings back a lot of memories.

Thanks again.

There were quite a few people who went on to NZ. I wish we could have been among them, but we had already been away from home for 30 days and just didn't have the time.:(

Glad you enjoyed the review. Perhaps we will meet on a future cruise.:)

Princess? But...but...Ooster is coming and the Ooster Bunny will be making his rounds! Shouldn't you be booking a HAL cruise? ;)

LOL! Right now Princess has the most interesting itineray...but one never knows. We do enjoy HAL...so I wouldn't be surprised to see another HAL cruise in our future.

Jack

I need another review from Sailor jack i could use a good laugh

So where have you been lately???

Keep writing love to read you

Michele

I still remember your line about wanting to see the Argentinian Navy in the Falklands ....I still smirk at that obe LOL

Edited by mmemichele

I need another review from Sailor jack i could use a good laugh

So where have you been lately???

Keep writing love to read you

Michele

I still remember your line about wanting to see the Argentinian Navy in the Falklands ....I still smirk at that obe LOL

Hi Michele! We just got back from Antarctica this week so I should have a review ready to go next week. We also visited the Falklands - where I tried for the glass bottom boat ride one more time.:D The cruise was on the Celebirty Infinity so look for the review on the Celebrity Board.

Hi Michele! We just got back from Antarctica this week so I should have a review ready to go next week. We also visited the Falklands - where I tried for the glass bottom boat ride one more time.:D The cruise was on the Celebirty Infinity so look for the review on the Celebrity Board.

Looking forward to the review and hopefully some pics.

So pleasedo tell ....how was the Argentinian navy???

Still resting with fishes????

WhenI went to SA the weather was horrendous we missed so many ports including Falklands

For us the Cape Horn Was a shadow behind a cloud .now you see it now you donT ....cannot. Understand the fuss about the spot!!!

Cannot wait to read you again...welcome back

Michele