Israel and Egypt

markf

I am pretty sure that the Silhouette is scheduled to be in Israel and Egypt this week--Curious if they will be going

I visited Egypt and Israel in 1985. It was great.

I would still go to Israel, but Egypt is a question mark. I know some people still ventured into Egypt, but the country is still not stable.

Also, with GAZA blowing up again and who knows if Israel will bomb Iranian nuke sites?

Not to mention the Syrian civil war!

I was on Sihouette to both ports late Sept. we did enjoy both but there were more than a few passengers that did not leave the ship in Egypt.

Israel this minute could be a concern

We were in Egypt two months after the revolution and while there were tanks parked in front of government buildings and armed guards around certain areas we never experienced any safety issues. We were on a tour and had an armed guard with us just as a precaution, but he was dressed in a suit and just walked behind our group. I will say that it was an amazing visit and everyone was so kind because they just wanted to see tourists because it is good for the economy. I have crazy long blond hair so I stood out, and people would wave at our tour bus and just smile! We were the only 8 people in the grand pyramid which anyone will tell you is unheard of before the revolution. If you can go, jump at the chance.

I have family departing on Silhouette in a few days- scheduled to visit both Egypt and Israel. Other cruiselines including NCL have already changed the itinerary. Hope X is looking really closely at the situation.:(

Due to sail on the Silhouette on 17 November. In view of the latest situation in the Middle East, I will be very surprised if the proposed visits to Egypt and Israel are not changed.

Dear Guests

Celebrity Cruises is closely monitoring the situation in the Middle East. Should the situation in Israel make it necessary to bypass port calls to the country, we have identified suitable alternate locations where Celebrity ships may call.

The safety and security of our guests and crew members is always foremost in our minds. We will continue to closely monitor developments in Israel and will contact guests or their travel agents should we make any modifications to upcoming itineraries

Thank you

Celebrity Cruises

Dear Guests

Celebrity Cruises is closely monitoring the situation in the Middle East. Should the situation in Israel make it necessary to bypass port calls to the country, we have identified suitable alternate locations where Celebrity ships may call.

The safety and security of our guests and crew members is always foremost in our minds. We will continue to closely monitor developments in Israel and will contact guests or their travel agents should we make any modifications to upcoming itineraries

Thank you

Celebrity Cruises

In response, tanks and 16K reservists are now on the Gaza border.

I think an alternative course is surely in order!

We got back yesterday. We visited both Egypt and Israel without any incidents. We left Haifa the night before the first rocket was launched in Israel.

I felt very safe in both countries. We did organized tours in Egypt and a combo of on our own and tours in Israel.

The people of both countries are very kind to visitors. I would definitely go back to both, though maybe not to Israel for a while.

The crew stated Friday night (we were departing Sat AM) that the itinery had not been changed as of that time.

I am thinking of the folks who departed Saturday....

We just returned from the Silhouette. I would be shocked if the current cruise makes the scheduled stops in Israel. The port where we stopped for two days, Ashdod, is less than 25 miles from Gaza, and is thus well within distance of the rockets being fired from Gaza.

The port of Ashdod is closed to cruise ships right now.....Defence tops tourism as it should.

Dear Guests

Celebrity Cruises continues to closely monitoring the situation in the Middle East. Due to the continued hostilities in Israel, Celebrity Silhouette will no longer call to Jerusalem (Ashdod), on Thursday, November 22, and Haifa, on Saturday, November 24. Instead, the ship will now call to Istanbul, Turkey, at 1:00 p.m. on Friday, November 23, and stay overnight until 8:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 24.

The safety and security of our guests and crew members is always foremost in our minds. We will continue to closely monitor developments in Israel and will contact guests or their travel agents should we make any additional modifications to upcoming itineraries.

Many Thanks

Celebrity Cruises

Dear Guests

Celebrity Cruises continues to closely monitoring the situation in the Middle East. Due to the continued hostilities in Israel, Celebrity Silhouette will no longer call to Jerusalem (Ashdod), on Thursday, November 22, and Haifa, on Saturday, November 24. Instead, the ship will now call to Istanbul, Turkey, at 1:00 p.m. on Friday, November 23, and stay overnight until 8:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 24.

The safety and security of our guests and crew members is always foremost in our minds. We will continue to closely monitor developments in Israel and will contact guests or their travel agents should we make any additional modifications to upcoming itineraries.

Many Thanks

Celebrity Cruises

Thank you for your update, whilst I am sure those onboard are disappointed, staying safe is everyone's priority

Stay safe!

Archived