The upgrade fairy flew today!

vicocala

As many of you already know I got an upgrade, well today it became a reality as I was assigned an SA cabin on the Rotterdam deck. Thanks to all of those who gave me well wishes and I hope the best for you all as well.:D:D:D

Thank you very much Holland America!!!

As many of you already know I got an upgrade, well today it became a reality as I was assigned an SA cabin on the Rotterdam deck. Thanks to all of those who gave me well wishes and I hope the best for you all as well.:D:D:D

Thank you very much Holland America!!!

Congratulations.. Glad your pleased!

Joseph

We received room assignments for same sailing tonight as well. Although we didn't receive an upgrade (SY guarantee) we are still very happy since we had requested rooms next to each other and received them. :)

congratulations! I would think it would be hard to get an upgrade if you have multiple rooms, but most GTY's can be considered an upgrade as they are usually discounted versus a pick your own room! So happy days!

Congratulations :) how exciting!!!

You must really feel ready to go now!

What GTY had you booked in the first place?

Steve

Steve, my original room was a VH GTY (balcony) and I bought up to an SZ GTY. They then upgraded that to an SC GTY and now up to an SA. I am very happy, the SZ rate was a discounted flash rate which immediately was upgraded by HAL to the SC. Thank you for the congratulations!

Thank you KK and Kirk, very much appreciated. We are very excited and are looking forward to the cruise. I have always heard that it can happen, I just never thought it would happen to me.

Even after seeing the SC GTY listed on my previous paperwork, I still felt almost like it was a mistake. Seeing that room number assigned makes it real. Only two more weeks to go!:)

Thank you! I used a large well known on-line travel agent based in NH.;)

Did you call HAL yourself when you saw the flash sale, or did your travel agent do the work?

Congrats on the huge upgrade! Can't wait to read your report!:)

Thank you. I saw the great price and called my TA. The first day I got one of their agents and they seemed to be hesitant about calling and I told her to just forget it.

I called back a couple days later when the price dropped a little more and talked to an agent that basically said "Sure, Holland America will do that they love to try to accomodate their guests" well, with her can do atitude I asked her to try. By the time I got off the phone with her and checked my e-mail I not only had bought up but saw in my confirmation that I had been upgraded beyond the SZ to an SC. Last night I checked my luggage tags and Viola! they had changed from the SC GTY to an SA with an assigned cabin.

Archived