Eastern Carribbean Shopping

Friday06

Be sure to check prices at home BEFORE you leave. The Caribbean isn't as cheap as it used to be.

Have exact model numbers and prices in hand when you go. While you won't be paying sales tax (8-10% savings) you will also NOT be entitled to the US warranties. Those international warranties are tricky at best.

KNOW BEFORE YOU GO....

Be sure to check prices at home BEFORE you leave. The Caribbean isn't as cheap as it used to be.

Have exact model numbers and prices in hand when you go. While you won't be paying sales tax (8-10% savings) you will also NOT be entitled to the US warranties. Those international warranties are tricky at best.

KNOW BEFORE YOU GO....

I have found the prices marked are about the same price as online but you can always get the pricing down from the marked to save. I have not had a issue using the u.s warranty when I needed to. So its not always a international warranty.

We have made a few good purchases in the Caribbean but you really need to know what you are buying and prices. Always be prepared to negotiate but prices on things like higher end watches are tightly controlled by the manufacturer....however even at that if you are knowledgeable there are deals to be had.

I like Effy on several islands. I have had them repair items that I had bought from them. They did not charge me to fix although a US jeweler wanted $200. I've bought stuff from

them on St. Maartin and The Bahamas.

I like Effy on several islands. I have had them repair items that I had bought from them. They did not charge me to fix although a US jeweler wanted $200. I've bought stuff from

them on St. Maartin and The Bahamas.

Thanks. That sounds like a place I will definitely look for. DH was told he could find good deals on watches.

We have made a few good purchases in the Caribbean but you really need to know what you are buying and prices. Always be prepared to negotiate but prices on things like higher end watches are tightly controlled by the manufacturer....however even at that if you are knowledgeable there are deals to be had.

Thanks for the advice!!

I have made jewellery purchases in both St. Thomas & St. Maarten. In St. Thomas we've bought a couple times from Milano. In St. Maarten we like Joe's Jewelers & Art of Time

Thanks Cupcrazy! I will be sure to check it out!

• 4 years later...