Barcelone Hotels

Bornbeau

Am looking for an inexpensive hotel in Barcelona for a 1 night post cruise stay. Perferably one not to far from airport that will allow us to walk aroung and see the sights of Barcellona. We have never been to the med before.

There is no hotel close to the airport that will allow you to walk around town. The aiport is quite a ways out of town.

If you have never been to Barcelona and want to see the sights, I suggest you stay right in the middle of Barcelona and take a cab to the airport the next day.

We stayed right on La Rambla at the Hotel Royal Ramblas hotel. http://en.royalramblashotel.com/

It is not the least expensive but, it is smack in the middle of everything. You can take the HoHo tours bus at thre top of La Rambla. The port is a short distance form the bottom of La Rambla. It is the heart of Barcelona, so much to see on that steet alone, it would be a shame to miss.

Well worth the few extra Euros and you leave Barcelona feeling you have appreciated it.

The airport is not really near the sights. If you choose an airport hotel (which will probably be cheapest), you will not be in a very good position to see anything. If you choose a hotel near Las Ramblas you will probably pay more but have easier access to sights.

Go either on priceline or hotwire In europe never go under 4 stars

I got good ones with both at a reasonable price . I did bid and they chose.it was fine

We were in montjuich the night of the dancing water fountains ...lovelyOur hotel was very nice

I got good ones with both at a reasonable price . I did bid and they chose.it was fine

We were in montjuich the night of the dancing water fountains ...lovelyOur hotel was very nice

I disagree about not going below four stars. We stayed at the Hotel Astoria (three stars) near the Diagonal Metro in 2011 for 67 Euros per night. It is a very nice hotel. Rooms are a reasonable size, get one away from the front of the hotel. Breakfast is good as well as lunch.

Only thing, it is about a mile and a half from Las Ramblas, so you would need to take the Metro.

We stayed in Hotel Quatro Naciones in Las Ramblas, right at the heart of the action. Nice, good hotel at reasonable price. Room is basic but clean and spacious. Helpful staff. Happy to recommend this hotel.

It is of course away from the airport. But the port is nearby. You can take a taxi easily for embarkation.

One request from me : please don't just stay for one night. Barcelona is a wonderful city. You need to stay longer!

Enjoy your cruise :)

We did this and Hotwire put us in the Hotel Barcelona Universal which is very close to the Port and was quite nice. 4 Stars and we got a rate of only $81 per night which is really cheap for Barcelona. Of course, we did not get the complementary breakfast at that rate but there were plenty of places around to grab breakfast.

We stayed in Hotel Quatro Naciones in Las Ramblas, right at the heart of the action. Nice, good hotel at reasonable price. Room is basic but clean and spacious. Helpful staff. Happy to recommend this hotel.

It is of course away from the airport. But the port is nearby. You can take a taxi easily for embarkation.

One request from me : please don't just stay for one night. Barcelona is a wonderful city. You need to stay longer!

Enjoy your cruise :)

Just keep in mind, as all the locals in Barcelona know, Las Ramblas is the touristy area with the most expense restaurants, shops, hotels and the majority of the pickpockets. Better to visit there in the day time. My Brother-in-Law lives there and had nothing positive to say about it when we were there two weeks ago. There are hundreds of quite small restaurants that have English menus and food that is just wonderful for 10-12 Euros per meal. They are not in Las Ramblas, however. Just my opinion, of course.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. There is a Ports of Call section of the site. Here's the link to the ports in Spain:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=596

Check it out for information about hotels in Barcelona. Follow the advice above about spending more than one night in Barcelona if at all possible. It's an amazing city.

Bon Voyage

As many mentioned - the airport is no where near the center of the city. We took the Aerobus from the airport and it dropped us off very close to the hotel. It was right off the Placa Catalunya. Great location. Central to Las Ramblas without being in the frenzy. Very modern, very clean. $100 last May. Would go back.....

I recently returned from Barcelona. We stayed one night following our cruise at Hotel Continental Barcelona. I think it was just over 100 euros with a Ramblas view. We took a cab to the hotel from the port (about 17 euros) and spent the day in the gothic quarter and did get to Palau Guell (Gaudi building). We went up to the Placa Catalunya in the evening as everything was open. On Sunday morniing we walked to the Placa Catalunya to catch the Aerobus to the airport (5.5 euros a person). Great location and I would stay there again.

We stayed at hotel jazz which is a few blocks from placa de catalunya. It was a quick walk to the aerobus which takes you right to the airport for a great price, I think it was 5,75 euro per person. I'd highly recommend jazz, but stay on a higher floor as there's a metro nearby below. We were on 5 and had no noise from the metro. Quick walks to metro, la ramblas, etc.

Not sure what inexpensive means to you but it is quite easy to get very nice 4 star hotels for around 100 USD on the web. I vote for the Aparthotel Atenea Barcelona (metro on the corner, department store with cafeteria next door). Have stayed a number of times, always very happily. (Can be booked on booking dot com, probably other sites too). Barcelona has great public transportation, including to airport and all tourist destinations.

One day isn't enough--if you can manage it try to stay a few more days--Food,art,music,architecture are all spectacular!:)

I recently returned from Barcelona. We stayed one night following our cruise at Hotel Continental Barcelona. I think it was just over 100 euros with a Ramblas view. We took a cab to the hotel from the port (about 17 euros) and spent the day in the gothic quarter and did get to Palau Guell (Gaudi building). We went up to the Placa Catalunya in the evening as everything was open. On Sunday morniing we walked to the Placa Catalunya to catch the Aerobus to the airport (5.5 euros a person). Great location and I would stay there again.

Ask for a balcony room, tiny but great view of Las Rambles! Balcony is tiny, not the room

I've been to Barcelona several times...

Stayed in several different hotels...

But, reading your post, I immediately thought HOTEL CONTINENTAL...

You simply cannot get a better location in Barcelona, right on Las Ramblas, right near the Placa Catalunya...

Puts you right in the heart of everything, walking distance to most sights...with restaurants and nightlife right outside your door...

It's a funky old hotel but a real bargain in Barcelona...

Free wifi, 24 hour FREE buffet with snacks, breakfast, beer, wine, soda, ice cream...

Balconies with views of Las Ramblas...

..and, again, the BEST LOCATION in Barcelona...

Before you book a hotel on La Rambla check the soccer schedule, especially if Barcelona is playing a rival team like Madrid. Our beloved Catalonians love to celebrate victories and there is no better place than the center of the city.....

We always stay at Acta Atrium Palace.

Modern rooms in an old 'palace' with excellent facilities - free internet. Small indoor pool and jacuzzi. Excellent rates for cruisers.

Most of the cruiselines use it and charge MUCH more than booking direct.

Close to everything, but on a classy street - not Rambla!!!!

My husband and I have stayed in Barcelona eight times. We stay at the Hotel Colon opposite the Catedral. The square is very interesting and the hotel is within walking distance of Las Ramblas, the HoHo bus and lots of adorable places. About Las Ramblas. It is almost a school for pickpockets and muggers. The only place you are unlikely to run into any is the fabulous Boqueria Market. We went there many times, and never saw or heard of any problems. They probably have excellent security. Pickpockets in Barcelona come in all ages, and use a wide range of techniques. For example, after you leave an eatery, someone will approach you, pointing to a stain somewhere. Oops. A confederate dumped the stuff and will rob you as the stain is smeared around. So, if you run into this, escape if possible. Another ploy: Young people are apparently interested only in each other, that is until you are in the center of them. As you slip trough the crowd, your wallet slips from your pocket. Partial solution for all this: Take only what you will realistically need out there. Perhaps cash for your next meal, and one credit card secured in a money belt.

I've been to Barcelona several times...

Stayed in several different hotels...

But, reading your post, I immediately thought HOTEL CONTINENTAL...

You simply cannot get a better location in Barcelona, right on Las Ramblas, right near the Placa Catalunya...

Puts you right in the heart of everything, walking distance to most sights...with restaurants and nightlife right outside your door...

It's a funky old hotel but a real bargain in Barcelona...

Free wifi, 24 hour FREE buffet with snacks, breakfast, beer, wine, soda, ice cream...

Balconies with views of Las Ramblas...

..and, again, the BEST LOCATION in Barcelona...

I couldnt agree with you more. Ive stayed there 4 times and will stay there my next time in Barcelona.

I stayed at Hotel Curious last year. Basic, but very clean and perfectly located.

We stayed at Hotel Curious just a month and half ago....we loved it!

Exceptionally clean....wonderful staff and a very nice breakfast included.

Check them out!

We stayed at Hotel Inglaterra Barcelona this past summer... Wonderful hotel, beds and linens were very nice and it includes a good full breakfast... It is located a block off of La Ramblas at the top....

Another endorsement for the Inglaterra. Great location close to everything yet quiet at night so you can sleep. Staff was courteous and all speak English.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Archived