Water noodles in the pool?

Sigtau21

not sure if there are rules or not but none of the pools are really big enough for noodles. Not to mention usually crowded. some get pretty grumpy when they get splashed so I can't imagine how they would react if they got bumped into or hit with a noodle. if you find a time when not many in the pool they might be ok though.

Don't know exactly what kind of railign they have but when I was a kid I fell off the bunk bed at my cousins house. The railing on the bed was up. The next night my aunt wedged a blanket in the small gap between the bed and the bar on the railing. I didn't fall out again. I am guessing a pool noodle would work in place of the blanket.

A good way to become unpopular with your fellow cruisers is to have your kids tossing a ball in the pool. The pools are too small to do this. We have seen folks use noodles for flotation, but if kids play with them to blow water on each other like we do at home .....this would be a problem as well.

Not in the pools, and I'm not exactly sure how a pool noodle can keep a kid from falling out of bed that already has a railing.

My son has fallen out of his bunk bed where the ladder was so there was no railing in that area. You put the noodle under the sheet and provides a bumber in the area where there is no railing. Then not likely to fall out.

My son has fallen out of his bunk bed where the ladder was so there was no railing in that area. You put the noodle under the sheet and provides a bumber in the area where there is no railing. Then not likely to fall out.

good idea putting under the sheet.

No go in the pools though. They are crowded and small

A couple of pillows or a blanket would do the same thing and those can be provided by the room steward. Most kids will never fall out. How the heck do you carry a pool noodle onboard without getting in other's way? I've never seen a pool noodle on a cruise, either being carried in or anywhere else.

Regardless, not only are they a bad idea for the pool, I think they're actually not allowed in the pools. I know I've read other posts/threads about them.

You guys are a tough group. I ALWAYS bring a noodle with me for the beach. It easily packs in my suit case and as it usually only costs a dollar so i even sometimes leave it behind with no worries. I have seen both noodles and beach balls in the pool. Noodles usually bend in a u-shape and don't take up much room in a suit case or in the pool. Common sense says if the pool is crowd you shouldn't use a noodle or beach ball.

In 20 cruises I have never seen a noodle in the pool - love them myself but think it might be a little too crowded.

Been on 13 cruises and have never seen any toys in the pools....definitely no noodles!

These pools are too small and too crowded.

Don't you think the cruise lines would sell these items on board and make $$ if they were okay to bring them in the pools?

Been on 13 cruises and have never seen any toys in the pools....definitely no noodles!

These pools are too small and too crowded.

Don't you think the cruise lines would sell these items on board and make $$ if they were okay to bring them in the pools?

Your probably right about the $$

I love a nice noodle in the pool!

Too funny!:)

On recent Jewel cruise someone brought out a beach ball and staff was quick to intervene and make him put it away.

I did see two adults (seniors) in the pool using noodles shaped as U's as a flotation device. It was pretty rough so I'm not sure they would have gotten in without them.

I certainly don't think the pools are big enough for kids with noodles. We all know they will not just hang from them.

You guys are a tough group. I ALWAYS bring a noodle with me for the beach. It easily packs in my suit case and as it usually only costs a dollar so i even sometimes leave it behind with no worries. I have seen both noodles and beach balls in the pool. Noodles usually bend in a u-shape and don't take up much room in a suit case or in the pool. Common sense says if the pool is crowd you shouldn't use a noodle or beach ball.

They're several inches in diameter so they will take up space. That's valuable shoe space.:D

I've seen multiple posts about people being told no pool toys and the staff enforcing it. The pools just aren't that large. Even if it's not crowded, they take up space.

We were just on the Liberty and I think a noodle in the kid's pool area would have been just fine, there was a deep pool that would have been fine in. I don't know what ship you are sailing on though, they don't all have the kid's pool area like the Liberty. My children had water wings on and my youngest also had an inflatable ring that she was in most of the time. I didn't see anyone using a beach ball.

Archived