New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

But what if I bought them outright and then found out once onboard that I wanted to upgrade only one of them?

I understand that they are trying to have one person get drinks for two people, but I am not trying to do that. Just not sure why they won't let just one upgrade?

Guess its time to just give up the ghost and resolve myself to drinking within my classic package.

Hi Carole,

All sources have stated that both Guests must upgrade to premium. If both parties absolutely do not want premium, You can always take a chance, to wait until you board the ship, and see if Celebrity will accomodate.

To other members, if premium is important to you, I highly recommend upgrading prior to boarding the ship. I hope this helps !

Hi Beth,

We'll have a good time but mine will be even better if I can somehow get the premium upgrade on my own. :D I thought that someone had said that once on board they were able to upgrade just one person but it may have not been with the special.

Sue

Sue -

Be sure and let us know after your April cruise! Two of my favorite places...San Juan & Bermuda. Enjoy!! :D

Hi,

If this question has already been answered in this thread, I apologize for asking again.

Does anyone know...

I think the 123go promo is only available to the first 2 passengers in the cabin. I am sailing with my daughters, and I plan to upgrade the 2 classic packages to the premium package. Would I also have to get a premium package for the 3rd person?

To other members, if premium is important to you, I highly recommend upgrading prior to boarding the ship. I hope this helps !

Good evening,

According to my (swedish) TA who has been in contact with Celebrity it's not possible (for me) to upgrade to premium prior to departure. But, according to the TA it's possible to upgrade onboard. And also according to the representative on Cruisecritic. So, it shouldn't be a problem to upgrade onboard. Or...?

make it simple for me please

so you can get a vodka and tonic - just not with say absolute?

you can get their wine as long as itis $8.00 not a specific brand

does anyone know the brandof the wine for $8.00

Due to today's price drops, I was finally able to take advantage of the promotion! Paying slightly more for my cabin & lost some OBC, but I still worked out to saving a substantial amount as we would have pre paid our gratuities & bought bev. pkgs. no matter what, so quite pleased with the outcome!

Sorry if this has been answered already. I'm ready to book this promotion for a 2014 New Zealand Cruise. Next week, we are sailing to Hawaii and could book the New Zealand cruise while on board the Hawaii cruise now that the Promotion has been extended. Would I receive any incentives if I book on board?

Unless you're worried about losing a particular cabin, it behooves you to wait. If you book while on board, your downpayment is only $200. You would be eligible for a $300 obc and up to a three category complementary upgrade depending on availability. For this you have to stay with in the category you booked, meaning you can't move up from an inside cabin to an outside cabin or outside cabin to a balcony.

The email today says you get to pick only one of the three promos, not two, not all.

Edited Correction: Apparently this applies to just the Bermuda sailings on the Summit.

Edited by emileg

Unless you're worried about losing a particular cabin, it behooves you to wait. If you book while on board, your downpayment is only $200. You would be eligible for a $300 obc and up to a three category complementary upgrade depending on availability. For this you have to stay with in the category you booked, meaning you can't move up from an inside cabin to an outside cabin or outside cabin to a balcony.

FCC and 123 are not combinable. So booking now or on board does not matter.

The 123 promotion isn't all people think it is. I booked the TA, on the Silouette for this spring. The price with 123 Go was $1499 pp. The price, for the same category cabin, without it was $809 and I was able to use my fcc for a $300 obc. This wasn't booked on a ship though.For us, the free drink package is a waste. We drink beer. If we only drink beer, we would have to have eight beers a day to break even. Being Elite members, we get a two hour happy hour every day. Sea days maybe, but port days, since we usually do tours, it would be impossible. Think about what this package cost "X" for us. On sale, I can get Bud for about $.65 each, including tax. 8 x $.65 = $5.20. On ship that same beer cost over $5 with tip. If you check some of the other threads, other people have figured this out. It might be more convenient, but it comes at a steep price.

The 123 promotion isn't all people think it is. I booked the TA, on the Silouette for this spring. The price with 123 Go was $1499 pp. The price, for the same category cabin, without it was $809 and I was able to use my fcc for a $300 obc. This wasn't booked on a ship though.For us, the free drink package is a waste. We drink beer. If we only drink beer, we would have to have eight beers a day to break even. Being Elite members, we get a two hour happy hour every day. Sea days maybe, but port days, since we usually do tours, it would be impossible. Think about what this package cost "X" for us. On sale, I can get Bud for about $.65 each, including tax. 8 x $.65 = $5.20. On ship that same beer cost over $5 with tip. If you check some of the other threads, other people have figured this out. It might be more convenient, but it comes at a steep price.

I thought that the fine print said 123 go was not applicable to transatlantics and Galapagos. I suspect for the exact reasons you said. I was pricing my cruises before and none had a price change with the intro of this promo.

I just checked it out and for anybody who is interested in this cruise, sans 123 GO promotion, this price is still available. Go to celebritycruises.com and choose transatlantic in April 2013, on the Silohuette. It will show $1799 for concierge, but don't stop there. Go to book it, and follow through. It will show the $809 price and you can book it online, call Celebrity and book it or call your travel agent and see if they will throw in obc or some other perc. I think the cheapest balcony is $709.

I watched the price and it did not change with the 123 promotion...so for us, we saved $700 because we would have booked the alcohol package anyways

Booking onboard is great if you choose the cabin upgrade and the 300$ on-board credit. You can't combine with the 123-promotion, though. You must choose one or the other.

The fine print also states that resident rates, senior rates etc. or shareholder credit are excluded, if you choose the 123 promotion.

It's not possible to book Galapagos on the "Expedition", but you can book Transatlantics if it is a regular price rate. We did, for example, for a fall transatlantic and got the drinks package. The reduced rates for the spring transatlantic you mentioned are, as far as I remember, senior rates which won't qualify for the promotion. But I'm not fully sure about that.

That's why we choose the OBC package.

I watched the price and it did not change with the 123 promotion...so for us, we saved $700 because we would have booked the alcohol package anyways

Are you saying you got the 123 GO promotion and the $809 concierge rate? When I called Celebrity last week and asked that question, I was told one or the other. I naturally too the lower rate. I can buy a whole lot of drinks with the price difference. The rate now, for a concierge balcony and the 123 GO promtion is $1799 p.p.

We got a great deal with the 1-2-3 package on both cruises booked. We qualify for senior and resident rates and they were NOT lower on our choice of cabin (2A). Based on that fact, we are WAY up by booking the promotion. The only thing we missed out on ... shareholder credit of $100 on the first cruise and $200 on the second.

The cruise for next year is being held on a deposit. If things shift, we can cancel and rebook until 12/29/13. Kind of hard to go wrong AND we got exactly the class, position and cabin we wanted.

There are pros and cons to anything, always compare, read the fine print and evaluate your specific needs, before booking.

Edited by Tampa Jim