Chef's Welcome Goodies for Suite

cruiserdru

It was a tiny bowl of almonds, about a half cup.

We call it our $4000 almond surprise.

Lol! Can't wait for my dh to get home to tell him your comment. The almond were left in a very very small dish by the wey bar and we never got to try them they were removed the next day.

Last year on the Golden, we had 4 strawberries dipped in chocolate.

Those are the nightly canapes. This snack is a "new" perk they added along with the first night free dinner at a specialty restaurant they added to replace the unlimited internet that they took away.

I hope I am not sorry I paid for a suite on my upcoming cruise! I did it for the extra room and am lucky enough to have booked before they took away the free internet so I will be grandfathered in. I have read so many negative things about the princess suites I have my fingers and toes crossed it will be worth it!

I hope I am not sorry I paid for a suite on my upcoming cruise! I did it for the extra room and am lucky enough to have booked before they took away the free internet so I will be grandfathered in. I have read so many negative things about the princess suites I have my fingers and toes crossed it will be worth it!

While the Chef's Goodies are nothing special, we have always enjoyed the suites we've sailed in. I'm sure you will as well. The extra space is wonderful. Breakfast at Sabatinis is delightful. Being able to dine in your cabin is very convenient for early morning port days or evenings when you're very tired. If you're not elite, free laundry is so nice instead of having to use the laundromat. We spend a great deal of time in our cabin because it is a very comfortable place to be. We've always had great service.

Have a great voyage!

Edited by Sunviking

While the Chef's Goodies are nothing special, we have always enjoyed the suites we've sailed in. I'm sure you will as well. The extra space is wonderful. Breakfast at Sabatinis is delightful. Being able to dine in your cabin is very convenient for early morning port days or evenings when you're very tired. If you're not elite, free laundry is so nice instead of having to use the laundromat. We spend a great deal of time in our cabin because it is a very comfortable place to be. We've always had great service.

Have a great voyage!

I agree with all of the above, but I also loved that when my husband took a nap I could pull the curtain and sit on the couch and read or watch tv.

Denise

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

I never got almonds or any snacks. I did get canapés and chocolate covered strawberries. There is a list of items you can order from. I think it was a door hanger. It included canapés, strawberries and something I can't recall. I think it was hazelnut little creampuffs or something. I never ordered any of them, but I'd get a plate of strawberries every few days. I don't eat chocolate much, so I gave them to my neighbors. I do love almonds, though, and wish I'd gotten them!

Have to add that I got the most awesome fruit baskets ever, though. Loved them.

Fruit and canapés:

DSCN1192.jpg.ddd9d926d25559fe2b5f995ec14cf9d3.jpg

DSCN1193.jpg.f1d6fe6792aacd31efa62e6c0e955d46.jpg

You are not missing much. There were always those "almonds" in my suites on the Golden Princess. I tried one (1) and I didn't like the coconut flavor coating. Now, if they were smoked or just plain, that would have been nice.

Don't forget the welcome canapes and wonderful champagne. Usually, the canapes went up with me to the meet and greet. Even then, I couldn't give them away. After that first night, chocolate covered strawberries were ordered. Do you realize how many friends you can make by carrying around a strawberry or two? Sometimes they went to a cruise director staff. I once gave a couple to a really nice customer service agent and even to the manager. I never thought I would say that I ever had my fill of these delights....but I did on my last cruise.

The only negative thing I found was that they are sooo much more than the minis.

I am to the point that the only perk that is worth anything is the larger cabin and on a month long cruise it is to us. The nightly canapés are the same every night and are also served at every party - am so sick of them. Please give us something else. The concierge lounge on the Royal has a nice snack area with a few other snacks but at Christmas, people were giving their cards to all their family and friends so the pickings were very slim. I agree with sunviking - elites get the same perks except Sabitini's. There is another thread about this and of course after a few people stated this same thing, they got slammed by a few people (that is the reason I have stopped commenting about suites - especially our Royal OS where the soot and diesel smell got to be too much - there was no way I was going to mention any of the other issues with that OS). Anyway - I just looked and those posts are gone - good for CC.

In December on the Caribbean Princess we got the candied almonds along with the welcome champagne. Shortly thereafter a plate of canapes arrived. There was a canape menu that allowed us to choose which items we wanted on subsequent plates. You had to put it out every morning to get them that evening. On formal nights we received plates of chocolate covered strawberries. For us the suite was so worth it. We had a 20X12 covered balcony that we used all the time, the ability to order off the full dining room menu for room service was wonderful (used it for nearly all our lunches) and breakfast in Sabatini's was such a treat. For us the size of the cabin is really important too. We really felt like we were on a different cruise than the rest of the passengers. We only sail in a GS or above on RCCL and have decided that we will only sail in an S3 or above on Princess too.

Edited by DebJ14

In December on the Caribbean Princess we got the candied almonds along with the welcome champagne. Shortly thereafter a plate of canapes arrived. There was a canape menu that allowed us to choose which items we wanted on subsequent plates. You had to put it out every morning to get them that evening. On formal nights we received plates of chocolate covered strawberries. For us the suite was so worth it. We had a 20X12 covered balcony that we used all the time, the ability to order off the full dining room menu for room service was wonderful (used it for nearly all our lunches) and breakfast in Sabatini's was such a treat. For us the size of the cabin is really important too. We really felt like we were on a different cruise than the rest of the passengers. We only sail in a GS or above on RCCL and have decided that we will only sail in an S3 or above on Princess too.

How did you know how the other passengers really felt?

20' X 12' balcony :eek:.

What cabin would that be?