An Epic sail...Views from a crazy solo

luv2cruise53

So I have unpacked and it is only 12:30 so it seems prudent to go on over to South Beach. I lived here in South Beach from 1995-2000 so I was not unfamiliar with the territory. That opinion will change as I re-experience...the area.

The bus terminus is directly across the street and I knew this prior to booking. The bus is $2.00 and will take me directly to Lincooln Road and 16th Street which is essentially the heart of South Beach.

Next up: South beach

Kev:cool:

Ahhh Kev, I am sorry for your loss and I admire your strength in doing a solo vacation after going through what you did. What a gift to have your memories and beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing and you know I can't wait for more....

Jai

:cool:

Thank you for your great thoughts.

Here is the link for the recent Star review I just completed:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1732203&page=17

This will give you an idea of my...Kev...not Ken..LOL writing style.

It was a humorous account and it certainly will be hard to top it or find better material.

Thank you

Kev

Oh my!!!! I am SO embarrassed!! :o My typing is appalling.....but I guess my eyesight is even worse!! Kev.....please forgive me!

* heads off to read the Star review to make up for mistake! * ;)

Hey Kev, just realized your in Boston and my 3 friends and I are going there in Sept this year. :D

So, I am in charge of the research.....any qualms about me giving you my email address at home or work so that you may offer me some advice if I find something I am questioning??

Leaving next Friday for MIA for the trip but after that I should get a move on things....

Let me know....

Thanks

Jan

Kev,

Sorry to hear about Donald too, and I also really love that photo. No wonder it won first place.

Thanks for the re-direct to your Star cruise, we're on the Star in Sept 2014 out of Copenhagen.....

But first, we'll be cruising with you on the Breakaway on Jan 5, 2014.

If I don't remember, remind me to buy you a mudslide. My partner Daniel's favorite drink too. :)

Stephen

Hi Luv2cruise53 aka Mr Kevin!

just want to say, I would still love to hear your review of the Epic. I hope that all is well with you, and that you are just busy, and will update your review when time permits.

Take care, and hope to hear from you soon.:)

Hi Kev - it sounds as though we have a lot in common in that I, too, lost my partner of 13 years to cancer in November 2011. We also were avid cruisers and I also live in the Boston area (North Shore in Swampscott.)

I enjoyed reading your posts and perhaps we could grab a coffee or drink sometime and chat?

I sent you a friend request as well.

Take care,

Ladd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived