An Epic sail...Views from a crazy solo

luv2cruise53

I was heartbroken to hear of Kev's passing. I am going to miss his witty reviews and I am so disappointed I will never get the chance to meet him in person on future cruises. When we hadn't heard from Kev since mid January, deep down, I think many of us started to worry about him, almost instinctively knowing something was surely amiss. So many would ask "Where's Kev?" on a daily basis. There is truly a void here on CC where Kev once stood.

I hope Kev realized how many lives he touched, and that those who never even met him in person could be so saddened by his passing. He will be sorely missed :(

I will be thinking of Kev on our Breakaway trip to Bermuda, he was so instrumental in helping me plan my family's first cruise there. We will raise a glass and toast to Kev on our trip. He and his family will certainly be in our thoughts and prayers. May He Rest In Peace

Never knew this guy and don't think I have noticed his posts. I come and go on here and was last active before he started. Then today I came across this thread with all of the condolences. I started from the first post and was getting into the whole thing. The story of losing his partner, the solo cruises and was getting into his experience getting ready for the cruise. Then the sad news. My heart sank. I am sorry I never got to know him or made a cruise with him.

Kev...oh dear Kev...you know I thought the world of you and we had some great convo's on my recent review. I was really looking forward to another witty response from you and another review full of me spitting pop out of my nose from the way you wrote your reviews. You brought laughter and smiles to us here at cc and you were my inspiration for my recent Star review. I thank you for giving me a new experience in writing and sharing your humor. I was able to open up and let others see through my eyes how I spent a week in the Caribbean...the same way you invited us to join in with you on your reviews. It was as if we were right there beside you. I will forever dedicate my review to you.

Thank you for all the helpful pictures and links and helping me plan my Bermuda cruise. You were so helpful and so insistent in making sure that I experience Bermuda...now I know why. Your partners picture explains it all. I will make it there Kev...and when I do, I will follow your lead on all of the places you told me about and raise a toast...to Kev. Sadly missed by Mitsugirly. :(

Kev...oh dear Kev...you know I thought the world of you and we had some great convo's on my recent review. I was really looking forward to another witty response from you and another review full of me spitting pop out of my nose from the way you wrote your reviews. You brought laughter and smiles to us here at cc and you were my inspiration for my recent Star review. I thank you for giving me a new experience in writing and sharing your humor. I was able to open up and let others see through my eyes how I spent a week in the Caribbean...the same way you invited us to join in with you on your reviews. It was as if we were right there beside you. I will forever dedicate my review to you.

Thank you for all the helpful pictures and links and helping me plan my Bermuda cruise. You were so helpful and so insistent in making sure that I experience Bermuda...now I know why. Your partners picture explains it all. I will make it there Kev...and when I do, I will follow your lead on all of the places you told me about and raise a toast...to Kev. Sadly missed by Mitsugirly. :(

Wonderful tribute Kim! I remember clearly how he teased you about your plannning and over thinking Bermuda......as a fellow planner I laughed. Ahh this place is not the same.

I am so sorry for Kev and his family. He brought a very special light to all of us who experienced his cruises through his eyes. With his humor and his storytelling about his adventures, he brightened my day with every post. I will miss him and I know that he is once again together with his special partner in life. May they cruise together forever.

Allison

Never knew this guy and don't think I have noticed his posts. I come and go on here and was last active before he started. Then today I came across this thread with all of the condolences. I started from the first post and was getting into the whole thing. The story of losing his partner, the solo cruises and was getting into his experience getting ready for the cruise. Then the sad news. My heart sank. I am sorry I never got to know him or made a cruise with him.

For those who missed it, Kev's last review, Star Oct 14-21 Bermuda is on the board now, if you would like to read it. His personality, humor and love of life was evident in his postings. He will be sadly missed here.

OK.... I'm glad that Michele posted to let you all know. Just to be clear...I was not trying to harbor information. Yes, very much so, I was uncomfortable as to what exactly should I post. Maybe easy for some, but for me a struggle. If you all had looked back and saw how I posted "Desperately seeking Kevin" on our roll call, maybe this will make sense to some, others will blow me off. Kevin gave me a sign and then I knew I had to look for him. Maybe I needed Michele to email me to bring this all to light. Either way, accept my apologies for not stepping up. I'm not good with the loss of anyone, friend, family, pet........I'm just as sad as all of you, maybe worse. I have a hard time expressing...............please forgive me..........

Jan

I would just like to say how saddened I was to learn of Kevin's passing. He brought smiles to us all with his posts and reviews, something we can all surely appreciate here, and he will be missed by many. I will always remember his humor and his great writing style, and though most of us had not met him, we wished we had.

OK.... I'm glad that Michele posted to let you all know. Just to be clear...I was not trying to harbor information. Yes, very much so, I was uncomfortable as to what exactly should I post. Maybe easy for some, but for me a struggle. If you all had looked back and saw how I posted "Desperately seeking Kevin" on our roll call, maybe this will make sense to some, others will blow me off. Kevin gave me a sign and then I knew I had to look for him. Maybe I needed Michele to email me to bring this all to light. Either way, accept my apologies for not stepping up. I'm not good with the loss of anyone, friend, family, pet........I'm just as sad as all of you, maybe worse. I have a hard time expressing...............please forgive me..........

Jan

Hi Jan: Emotions are of course running high right now, however, I am not sure what your post means. Are you trying to indicate that you knew a while ago of Kev's situation and where unsure how to handle it here on CC? If that is the case, no one would possible fault you for that? You also indicated that Kev gave you a sign. Does that mean you knew he was ill or something of that sort? Just trying to understand your post. Thanks.

Jan

Jan, it's ok. Some people are not comfortable with things like this and no one is faulting you. But you still may have helped by indicating someone went wrong, which was still help to others to locate the issue. No need to apologize. Everyone handles things differently...some are open and some are not. {{{hugs}}} :)

Hi Jan: Emotions are of course running high right now, however, I am not sure what your post means. Are you trying to indicate that you knew a while ago of Kev's situation and where unsure how to handle it here on CC? If that is the case, no one would possible fault you for that? You also indicated that Kev gave you a sign. Does that mean you knew he was ill or something of that sort? Just trying to understand your post. Thanks.

I also wondered what you meant by Kev gave you a "sign"...just wondering. I know Kevin never mentioned being ill and usually when they say someone dies at home, it's usually unexpected, but yet that doesn't explain (if he was at home) why he had just gotten started on his Epic report, disappeared, and didn't pass until a few weeks later, never returning back here.

Jan

I also am confused by your post. I didn't see where anyone was faulting you for anything. I believe that people were worried that others might get upset if the news of his passing was shared on cc and made a decision that it should be shared based on how much he was loved and missed. I was one who shared on another post when I found out from a little detective work of my own. So honestly your post just confused further. I don't believe most of us know how or why he passed, just that he is no longer walking amongst us.

If Kevin indicated to you or gave you some kind of sign that is a heavy cross to bear and I can feel how hard that was/is for you. Please hang in there and take comfort from all his friends here. But please don't read into anything here, no one blames you from what I have read. Let's not make this about anyone other than Kevin. We all feel the loss, some more than others based on a closer relationship. I was not one of the fortunate people to have had a long history with Kevin, my interactions were limited to the last couple months before his passing. He was a new friend, but a cherished one.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Rest in peace Kev. I was so excited to see this thread active again, and then just heart-broken when I read why. I never knew him but, like many I am sure, felt that I had as I so much enjoyed his review while browsing the forum.

Condolences to all who must surely sorely miss his presence in their lives.

I am heartbroken. May you be at peace Kev. We just got back from our trip and when I saw the thread was up top again I was so excited. Now, just so sad. There is a missing piece of our CC family.

Bluejai

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to honor Kev...finding the other one you got going for us...it is encouragement to take our journeys...thanks be to you dear Kev...See you cruising to amazing places with your dear one,,,prayers again...Sarah

Archived