The Brilliant Reflection - A Review of 1-12-2013 Sailing with Photos (Very Long)

librarylady19

Love reading your updates! Thank you!! Read that you ran into cruise virgins...we are cruise virgin as well and are very excited to be starting with The Celebrity Reflection in March. Glad to see that you are on line and posting these updates. Curious as to how wifi works. We want to bring our ipad and was hoping you could tell us about the fee to use wifi.

Thanks!!

Thank you for a great review! We are going on the Silhouette in a few weeks, but after reading your posts and seeing the fabulous pictures, I'm going to have to start researching a Reflection cruise. Never too early to start planning.

Sheila

I wanted to share another picture of the Hideway, reflecting the clever integration of the tree with the nature theme of the Hideaway and the mirroring of the tree in the Hideway's structures....just beautiful.

P1010213_zps45cef6f4.jpg

The ship has a very impressive art collection which I enjoyed discovering throughout the week. (More on that later....)

Continuing our exploration of the ship, we checked out Game On on Deck 7 mid-ship, a feature that is currently only available on the Reflection and another winning addition in our opinion.

P1010411_zps3daf4460.jpg

P1010410_zps874e22e4.jpg

P1010415_zps9f0da681.jpg

Traditional board games were also available, but the selection was fairly limited.

P1010412_zpsef8c7f8a.jpg

This seemed to be another popular venue during the cruise, and I would think even more so on TA crossings and other times when the weather is inclement.

We did see people using the electronic game tables to play traditional card games quite often; Celebrity might want to consider having a separate area for those. There definitely seems to be a need, given that we saw many people in Aqua Spa Cafe and Oceanview Cafe using these areas for card games.

We played the electronic marbles, frog checkers and word power games at various times and found the room to be a nice addition (we are not big card players though).

Edited by librarylady19

Love reading your updates! Thank you!! Read that you ran into cruise virgins...we are cruise virgin as well and are very excited to be starting with The Celebrity Reflection in March. Glad to see that you are on line and posting these updates. Curious as to how wifi works. We want to bring our ipad and was hoping you could tell us about the fee to use wifi.

Thanks!!

We had zero issues with using the WIFI throughout the ship. Only place it wouldn't work is on our balcony. We enjoyed having the free internet minutes as Elite members but there are a variety of packages available with "discounts" on internet cost.

You just need to take your device to the iLounge to get your account set up for the first time and then you can log on/off easily.

The prices seem to be between 7 and 9 dollars- but I forgot to ask about the size! From your pictures I thought I would get six of them, three for each shelf above bed. Closet Maid and similar have different sizes, yours looks like the perfect fit, so I want to be careful and do the same. Anita

:rolleyes:

The prices seem to be between 7 and 9 dollars- but I forgot to ask about the size! From your pictures I thought I would get six of them, three for each shelf above bed. Closet Maid and similar have different sizes, yours looks like the perfect fit, so I want to be careful and do the same. Anita

:rolleyes:

ClosetMaid Cubeicals are 10.5" W X 10.5" D X 11" H.

Thanks for the photo of the atrium tree. I don't know why but I love atrium trees!

If I were on the Reflection transatlantic with all those sea days, I'd be in the Game On room all the time. We really enjoy board games but the pieces go missing so easily. We once played Scrabble on the Solstice with 3 Qs. :eek::eek: I like the idea of games imbedded in the table top.

Thanks for the photo of the atrium tree. I don't know why but I love atrium trees!

If I were on the Reflection transatlantic with all those sea days, I'd be in the Game On room all the time. We really enjoy board games but the pieces go missing so easily. We once played Scrabble on the Solstice with 3 Qs. :eek::eek: I like the idea of games imbedded in the table top.

Got to bring your own travel games Deirdre (I know you can spare the luggage space;)). How long before they start" Reflectioning" the "old" S Class ships I wonder!! I would like to see the Sunset Bar, Hideaway and Game On added to all the ships - and the Alcoves removed!

Edited by librarylady19

Got to bring your own travel games Deirdre (I know you can spare the luggage space;)). How long before they start" Reflectioning" the "old" S Class ships I wonder!! I would like to see the Sunset Bar, Hideaway and Game On added to all the ships.

Ha! I have games loaded onto my Kindle in preparation for our Equinox TA. (btw I still won that Scrabble game even with the extras :D). I would think that tweaking the other S class ships to include the Hideaway and Game On wouldn't be too much trouble, but wouldn't altering the Sunset Bar be a different story? Wouldn't that involve a new staircase and floor configuration?

One thing I think they could "De-Reflect" would be to return the lawn to its original Solstice layout, minus those silly unused Alcoves!

Thank you for all the helpful info about cruising on the new Reflection.

We will be going on her on 2 March. We will also be in Aqua Class.

We love Celebrity, too. We will be Elite after this 7-night cruise. We will then follow it with a 14-night cruise on 9 March.

I have one question. I did not see any drawers. On other Celebrity ships there have been drawers next to the closets. If there aren't any, I can understand wanting to bring those Target storage cubes. We have to pack for this 23 day trip and are hoping to keep our weight down to just two large suitcases. But if there are no drawers, I will definitely want to get some of those cubes.

Looking forward to reading more of your review.

Thanks again.

GiGiAnn