CocoCay Drinking Age?

MaiTaiQueen

Hello...

Just a quick question about the drinking age in CocoCay...

Is it the Bahamas drinking age of 18 or Royal's drinking age of 21 since they own it??

Thanks! :)

On the same note I was there once and was drinking at 15yo. So I don't think its enforced. My mom got two drinks and one was clearly for me and they didnt have an issue with it.

On the same note I was there once and was drinking at 15yo. So I don't think its enforced. My mom got two drinks and one was clearly for me and they didnt have an issue with it.

You might want to be careful of this...RCCL has put passengers off the ship for this behavior.

That's slightly annoying seeing as they are the Bahamas...although I do understand why it would be 21 too...

Oh well...will see how we get on so! :rolleyes:

In Haiti you can drink at 16, if they followed the country's drinking age everywhere, Labadee would be real popular with the teenagers. :)

The Legal drinking age is 18, irrespective of you being a RCI passenger, it is RCCLs policy not to sell alcohol to the under 21s

I was going to say the same thing, all though its owned by RCI its still within the bahamas so the legal drinking age is 18.

I was going to say the same thing, all though its owned by RCI its still within the bahamas so the legal drinking age is 18.

On the drinking age, from what (I think) I know, RC does not own Coco Cay or Labadee, just lease it. I guess they can make their own rules, with in reason.

I do think some drinking rules are a little on the puritan side. On the other hand, drinking for many under 21 could get quickly out of hand and dangerous, not because of age but LAWSUITS against RC resulting from underage drinking.

Like some one said, it is not hard to get a drink if you are under age, but some one would have to buy it for them, unless they tip the drink guy under the table.

The Legal drinking age is 18, irrespective of you being a RCI passenger, it is RCCLs policy not to sell alcohol to the under 21s

....which was my point. I clearly was indicating 21 specifically for RCI passengers there. And as they own the island they can establish that policy. (actually I believe they lease it). And by contrast, any other port of call that has a lower drinking age that you visit you can legally drink as long as you are that age.

And BTW - and I am not passing any judgement, just stating what was said - the poster to whom I responded indicated that at the time, they were 15, which was clearly underage in either case.

The legal drinking age on the High Seas is 0. But regardless, as long as the cruise line is serving the booze, the age is 21.

On the drinking age, from what (I think) I know, RC does not own Coco Cay or Labadee, just lease it. I guess they can make their own rules, with in reason.

I do think some drinking rules are a little on the puritan side. On the other hand, drinking for many under 21 could get quickly out of hand and dangerous, not because of age but LAWSUITS against RC resulting from underage drinking.

Like some one said, it is not hard to get a drink if you are under age, but some one would have to buy it for them, unless they tip the drink guy under the table.

I would be surprised if a staff would risk a job, by serving someone underage for a few bucks under the table.

M

Archived