"Sunshine" or Quantum of the Seas from Cape Liberty,Starting Decembe 2014 ???

FIRELT5

Included in this mornings email from RCCL.

DON'T MISS THE BIG REVEAL TONIGHT!

Tune in to ABC at 7:30 p.m. EST tonight for the big red carpet awards show and find out Royal Caribbean®’s next big star! You won’t want to miss a moment of the action.

Enjoy!

If you read this article, http://www.royalgazette.com/article/20121205/NEWS04/712059963 , Bermuda is expecting the Sunshine Class in 2014. That would lead one to believe that the ship would most likely home port from somewhere on the east coast (whether one thinks this makes sense or not). I don't believe that RCCL will have any issues filling the ship to capacity, but I guess I won't see some of you on board ;).

Reality on all counts.

There is an abundance of snobs in NJ already...so making it personal just supports that perception.

We're talking ships and business, not people.

I've been to NJ plenty, and have good friends there as well. It's not hard for some of us to separate looking at what makes sense from what doesn't. Porting large ships from a location with part of the year significantly affected by bad winter weather, along with much higher costs for tourists....makes no business sense in the cruise industry.

Yeah I Guess that NCL has the same Business concerns as you suggest with providing Year-round Voyages on 2 Ships departing from NYC to The Bahamas and Eastern Carribean. I'M

sure they are also concerned about the 4100 passenger Breakaway sailing Year-round from NYC in May.

If you read this article, http://www.royalgazette.com/article/20121205/NEWS04/712059963 , Bermuda is expecting the Sunshine Class in 2014. That would lead one to believe that the ship would most likely home port from somewhere on the east coast (whether one thinks this makes sense or not). I don't believe that RCCL will have any issues filling the ship to capacity, but I guess I won't see some of you on board ;).

Fron The Royal Gazette:

""The Public Works spokesman also stated: “Subject to the outcome of the structural assessment, it is proposed that Heritage Wharf be modified if necessary during this closed season. Modifications will accommodate the new Breakaway class cruise ship this coming season and the new Sunshine Class in 2014. King’s Wharf, which will function as normal for the Voyager Class next season, will be modified during the next closed season to accommodate both the Breakaway and Sunshine class cruise ships.”""""

And We have the St. Maarten Cruise Schedule which supports an arrival From Bermuda

to Dock at St. Maarten at 1215-2000 on Mondays Starting in May 2015 which coincides

with the Start of the bermuda Cruise season ???? ( Current 9 Day Itin for the past 7yrs on EXOS during the Summer)

I Guess some folks are in Denial ???

Included in this mornings email from RCCL.

DON'T MISS THE BIG REVEAL TONIGHT!

Tune in to ABC at 7:30 p.m. EST tonight for the big red carpet awards show and find out Royal Caribbean®’s next big star! You won’t want to miss a moment of the action.

Enjoy!

This is referring to a celebrity who will be at a royal caribbean event (similar to the Taylor swift concert on Allure). Nothing to do with Quantum, unless the celebrity will be at the launch that is....

Reality on all counts.

There is an abundance of snobs in NJ already...so making it personal just supports that perception.

I've been to NJ plenty, and have good friends there as well. It's not hard for some of us to separate looking at what makes sense from what doesn't. Porting large ships from a location with part of the year significantly affected by bad winter weather, along with much higher costs for tourists....makes no business sense in the cruise industry.

Makes no sense to you in your biased logic ??? I'M sure it makes $$ Buisness sense to the Various cruise lines that sail year-round out of the NYC area ???

Folk's, let's be respectful to each other and cease from bickering over silly things such as where this new ship will be home ported. In case I have to remind anyone, arguing is against the Community Guidelines of this website. Thanks for your cooperation.

Hey Tony, I guess they didn't get it. Time for me to unsubscribe to this thread.

Mike (From Rochester, Wegmans, lol).

Reality on all counts.

If your such a business expert why are all the cruise lines here? I believe the cruise lines are run by very smart business people, are you suggesting you are smarter than these people? Your arguments make absolutely zero sense. Explorer sales from here year round, and is filled year round. Your points do not compute with reality. NCL, CCL, RCCL, all have cruise ships here year round and are making investments in new, bigger ships that will home port here, but I guess you are a much smarter executive than the people running these lines.

• 2 weeks later...
Makes no sense to you in your biased logic ??? I'M sure it makes $$ Business sense to the Various cruise lines that sail year-round out of the NYC area ???

I suspect too many folks in the region are taking all this too personally.

NJ simply is not the best port choice for multiple reasons.

That said, it could happen and would likely survive. It would also eliminate plenty of people who don't want to deal with weather-related or cost-related factors of that home port location.

Let's get real, not personal.

I have several good friends (9) who live in northern New Jersey, and their responses have universally been "Really...even with our weather?" when told about the potential of a NJ port selection. Those were their first reactions.

So perhaps we can all turn back to discussing the ships and not each other. Having just returned from a great cruise on Adventure this past week...I've seen yet again that the details on ships and cruises make all the difference in passenger satisfaction.

I hope they announce home ports soon. We are considering doing a cruise on allure or oasis but if I find out a new ship is sailing from Bayonne we will wait and book that and do Disney instead this year.

I think all of us in the Cape Liberty area will be delightfully suprised.

I will be putting two thumbs WAY up if a new ship comes to Cape Liberty. My husband and I love the convenience of driving to a port from our home in Upstate NY. We can drive to Boston, NYC, NJ, or Baltimore and have plenty of options!

I can say with absolute certainty that Quantum will be going to New Jersey.

Here is why: While doing my crazy over-planning for my 2015 cruise, which I was planning on taking out of Port Canaveral or San Juan, I just for fun started looking into going out of Cape Liberty. After looking at prices for the 2014 itineraries and airfare prices, I found that this was totally doable. I have gotten really excited about planning a few days in NYC before boarding Explorer for the 9 night cruise. If Quantum was to take over Cape Liberty, I would never be able to afford it. And so, trust me CC people, the way my life works: Quantum is definitely coming to Cape Liberty, because it can't possibly be this easy to finally get that trip to NYC that I have been dreaming about!!! :p:D:rolleyes:;)

I can say with absolute certainty that Quantum will be going to New Jersey.

Here is why: While doing my crazy over-planning for my 2015 cruise, which I was planning on taking out of Port Canaveral or San Juan, I just for fun started looking into going out of Cape Liberty. After looking at prices for the 2014 itineraries and airfare prices, I found that this was totally doable. I have gotten really excited about planning a few days in NYC before boarding Explorer for the 9 night cruise. If Quantum was to take over Cape Liberty, I would never be able to afford it. And so, trust me CC people, the way my life works: Quantum is definitely coming to Cape Liberty, because it can't possibly be this easy to finally get that trip to NYC that I have been dreaming about!!! :p:D:rolleyes:;)

Well I hate to have to say that I hope you're right for my own selfish reasons. :o

If Quantum actually home ports in NJ I hope RCCL will bring back the 14 day holiday cruise.... or at least a 9 day. The GUTTER Bahamas 7 day back to back is getting a little old. Would be nice to actually get to the warm weather rather than close to it.

Ask the next 100 people on the street in almost any city other than one in the NorthEast if they'd welcome a NJ home port or one further South. 99% of them would not pick NJ.

The cost to get there, stay there a day in advance, weather.....there are 3 reasons right off the bat.

Where South. Jersey is south of Mass., NY, Conn. etc. Have you heard that the '14 Super Bowl will be played in the Meadowlands (Jersey) which is North of Bayonne. Give us Jerseyites a break. Weather is not a big issue. The additional cost is equal or the same, unless you live in the port state/city that you sail from.

With regards to the weather, we love to go out of San Juan because Florida can be cold. One year we cruised out of Los Angeles and needed parkas if we wanted to stay on the open decks. Weather and costs are relative.

Where South. Jersey is south of Mass., NY, Conn. etc. Have you heard that the '14 Super Bowl will be played in the Meadowlands (Jersey) which is North of Bayonne. Give us Jerseyites a break. Weather is not a big issue. The additional cost is equal or the same, unless you live in the port state/city that you sail from.

With regards to the weather, we love to go out of San Juan because Florida can be cold. One year we cruised out of Los Angeles and needed parkas if we wanted to stay on the open decks. Weather and costs are relative.

OH PLEASE! :rolleyes:

Nobody is taking your ships away. It's people expressing opinions, opinions with lots of validity at that.

Weather is absolutely an issue! What are you talking about? I lived in NY, unfortunately, for a year in the 90's. A warm day in NJ is 40-45 in January, a cold day in Florida is 65-70 (shorts weather). The cost of transportation and lodging is astronomically higher in the areas around Cape Liberty.

For what it's worth, we sailed on Voyager out of Bayonne in 2004 and would never leave from the NE again. It was cold and the port was a disaster, from the drop off area to the shuttle ride to the ship. The passenger base was rude, opinionated, cold/unfriendly. Not "Jersey Shore" material, but guido, yes. Never, ever, ever again. Quantum is out for us.

Florida and Seattle/Vancouver get a nice mix of passengers. Bayonne, not.

Nobody is taking your ships away. It's people expressing opinions, opinions with lots of validity at that.

Weather is absolutely an issue! What are you talking about? I lived in NY, unfortunately, for a year in the 90's. A warm day in NJ is 40-45 in January, a cold day in Florida is 65-70 (shorts weather). The cost of transportation and lodging is astronomically higher in the areas around Cape Liberty.

For what it's worth, we sailed on Voyager out of Bayonne in 2004 and would never leave from the NE again. It was cold and the port was a disaster, from the drop off area to the shuttle ride to the ship. The passenger base was rude, opinionated, cold/unfriendly. Not "Jersey Shore" material, but guido, yes. Never, ever, ever again. Quantum is out for us.

Obviously not for you -- please do NY/NJ a favor and sail out of FL. V.:)

After seeing the St.Maarten port schedule, I'm pretty sure she will be home ported in Bayonne.

So a RCCl Press release for the QOS Bermuda/Summer 2015 may look like this ?????

Quantum of the Seas will sail out of Bayonne, New Jersey in Summer 2015 and offer 5-night Bermuda cruises on May 2,16,30; June 13,27; July 11, 25; August 8, 22, 2015. Quantum will also offer 9-night Bermuda and Caribbean itineraries on May 7, 21; June 4, 18; July 2, 16, 30; August 13, 27; 2015.

After seeing the St.Maarten port schedule, I'm pretty sure she will be home ported in Bayonne.

The Fall 2014 EXOS Bermuda/Carribean, This should be released on 3/6/13.

September 25, 2014 9nt Eastern Caribbean/Bermuda Voyage

October 4, 2014 5nt Bermuda Voyage

October 9, 2014 9nt eastern Caribbean/Bermuda Voyage

October 18, 2014 5nt Bermuda Voyage

October 23, 2014 9nt Eastern Caribbean /Bermuda Voyage

Well who knows for sure. She may also be heading to San Juan, PR. With that what can we say about the home port.

RCCL Headquarters is in Miami and with a name like "Quantum" does anyone here think that they might have her leave from thier own back yard. The only RCI ships that leaves from Miami continuosly is Majesty OTS. Just a thought assuming the terminal is big enoug since I have never sailed out of Miami.

See link below.

http://www.caribbeanbusinesspr.com/prnt_ed/talks-to-dredge-pier-3-underway-8187.html

I think you've been brainwashed by the cast of the Jersey Shore. You probably couln't afford to live by the Jersey Shore. Stay away from Jersey and waste away in Florida.

Archived