"Sunshine" or Quantum of the Seas from Cape Liberty,Starting Decembe 2014 ???

FIRELT5

The whole NJ Port thing is one person's rumor...nothing more. It was based on hearsay information 2nd hand, and could just as easily be totally wrong.

Based on the size of the ship from early information (larger than Liberty but smaller than Oasis...it'll take a big terminal to service it in a port, and even destination ports will need to be able to handle a larger ship of that size.

That could mean Ft. Lauderdale, San Juan, or other home port. San Juan, for example, is already know to be expanding it's harbor and terminal facilities to accept the 3rd Oasis ship being built as a destination port.

There simply are very few facts about Quantum (or Anthem) at this time.

As for getting some facts...Quantum will have St. Maarten as one of its destination ports...starting in January 2015.

Why would one assume that?

Because there is documentation to support it (below)...note the 3rd listing for 1/29/15.

Read the 2nd to last paragraph

http://www.royalgazette.com/article/20121211/NEWS/712119924

The Royal Gazette reported last week that a Ministry of Public Works spokesman had said last week that the firm Mott MacDonald Ltd will do a structural assessment of King’s Wharf and Heritage Wharf in Ireland Island to determine their capacities to accommodate the new NCL and the Royal Caribbean Cruise Line ships.

I thought we already decided a Quantum is headed for NJ? Just kidding!

It gets way too cold there in the winter and with the recent snow storms, I would hate to have to travel there in the winter which is the time of year I usually cruise.

Btw, I used to live in NY so I know what NY/NJ cold feels like.

But 20 Hours or 250 SE of NYC area, you enter the Gulf Stream with 70F Ocean Water Temps

In Mid-Feb. Yes you do take the chance of rough seas !!!!

I hope they don't string out the release of the features of the ship.

Well they are doing a great job of stringing them out! A few more clues to the ships exterior design, See here:

http://youtu.be/irHqnLKTtCc

Early days I know, but I can't see an Aqua-Theatre, Board-walk or Central Park? It's hard to imagine what truly 'new' features it might have?

OK HERE ARE THE PICS

Looks Like 8 Balcony floors and see the Back open decks ?

You can see the Solarium with more pools

Helipad back top deck

Freedom class:

Double: 3,634 (42.49)

Max: 4,375 (35.29)

GT: 154,407

Quantum class:

Double: 4,100 (40.61)

Max: 4,905 (33.95)

GT: 166,500

Oasis class:

Double: 5,400 (41.72)

Max: 6,296 (35.78)

GT: 225,282

SS2.jpg

S12.jpg

SS.jpg

S23.jpg

SS3.jpg

"I;m thinking its the 3rd photo down

the blue area"

That is the front top deck if I am looking at the right picture. There is something though on the very back top deck of the block plan, area in green.

I have to admit that I am new to this forum. Thanks for sharing.

I suspect launching from NJ will turn off plenty of cruisers, not to mention increase weather-related problems - no matter how great the ship is...

In addition, it further limits new and/or exciting destination ports.

Other sites are reporting Quantum/Anthem may not home port from NJ. Hopefully those are correct.

I just cruised out of Cape Liberty NJ last week

Feb 10-17th

on the Explorer of the seas and it was pretty much sold out.

and this was during a snowstorm (1 day after)

I think a large ship like this will sell out easily in NJ/NY/Philly market

with millions of people to tap into.We had many Canadians and many that didn't liker to fly

And if they advertised would get even more people and first times cruisers

I really hope this pretty lady calls Cape Liberty home. 2.5 hours from my doorstep.

I'm puzzled by the model layout. I really like the Solarium out front. That was my favorite part of the Allure. I heard lots of people missed the fitness center in that location, though.

I'm curious of what's going on behind it. The whole area above what I assume will be the Forward Centrum.

Is that a re-located Viking Crown, Loft Suites, or Windjammer(looks a little small for the windjammer)?

The covered pool easily seen is behind that. I thought I saw a model that showed the inside of that area. Supposedly it has a water feature against the back wall similar to a Solstice Class ship. I've heard these are real pretty.

Just curious if there were other leaked photos out there showing what's going in that location.

I suspect launching from NJ will turn off plenty of cruisers, not to mention increase weather-related problems - no matter how great the ship is...

Other sites are reporting Quantum/Anthem may not home port from NJ. Hopefully those are correct.

My personal opinion is that even if she calls NJ home, she won't do her inaugural cruise from there. It would really suck if commonly known weather problems cause delays or cancellations of the maiden voyage(s).

However, they could do like Royal Princess and do a "tour", where she visits a couple of ports to do a couple of cruises out of each port (ones that are less likely to be impacted by Mother Nature), and move to another. After a couple of months (say, March or April, if NJ), end up at the final home port. These "tour" cruises would not only generate interest, they would allow for a significant premium on these cruises (which is good business). Leaving another "maiden voyage" out of her home port (and NJ in March or April is less likely to generate dis-interest).

It isn't likely going to happen, but if she did this tour and had one round trip out of my closest (or even reasonably close) port, I would jump on her for any price.

Yeah launching a new cruise ship from the NY/NJ does turn off plenty of Cruisers, OK !!! Lol.

Archived