Feelings on booking another Carnival cruise.

saturnsc

Are you beginning to feel hesitant to book another Carnival Cruise?  

915 members have voted

1. 1. Are you beginning to feel hesitant to book another Carnival Cruise?

• Yes
    • No

Alll these people need some cheese to go with thier 'whinnnneeee' If you don't like Carnival, get off the site and go about your business! No one will miss you! Cars break down all the time! Motors are unpredictable even if you THINK they're in good shape! So they made a mistake! Maybe! Maybe not! Must be rewarding to be sooooo perfect! Quit being so judgemental! It's a huge operation and things can go wrong! I love Carnival and will not let this deter me from going with them! I for one, do not expect perfection! At least they're doing best they can with a bad situation!

I swore I wasn't going to get involved in these threads but........well said! I feel for both sides involved in the Triumph situation: passengers AND CCL.

It is making me very hesitant. My sis and I were going to book a Carnival cruise for later this year but now I am not so sure.

My cousins were supposed to be on Triumph right now and now they have a 25% off future cruise voucher.

So it all depends. if we can find a cruise we can all go and my cousins can use the voucher we may still book with Carnival. But we will probably stick with Carnival's newer ships. I heard good things about Spirit class and I saw pictures of Breeze and they look amazing.

Not impressed with how Carnival has handled this? Do you know something everyone else doesn't? What exactly would have impressed you?

Second time in 2 years with a ship dead in the water. Humm. Give me 30 seconds for ideas..

Small flash lights to hand out to all guests

Supply of non-perishable food supplies for emergencies plus a resupply schedule for extra days

Quick access to emergency equipment to maintain sanitary conditions onboard

Supply of disposable toweling to be used when washer/dryers unavailable

Emergency equipment to maintain adequate fresh/clean water plus emergency pumps to maintain pressure

There is my quickie list.

Carnival learned nothing and prepared nothing after their first engine fire. To not have temporary-emergency solutions in place us totally inexcusable.

If they had these, they could have come out smelling like a field of roses.....instead of overflowing toilets.

Absolutely inexcusable.

Yeah, if I had personally experienced these things, I might be more cautious; however, fire can happen anywhere and I don't see Carnival being to blame for those fires.

I do think you make a good point about where the priorities are versus where they should be!

Ok, curious here.

Just who DO you blame, Royal Caribbean? Disney Cruise Line?

The fire happened on a Carnival ship. That pretty much narrows down responsibility-does it not?

.......or call me silly!

L

I remember when NCL had a boiler explosion that killed people. No injuries or deaths on Triumph.

Ah yes, the Norway in her final days.....dreadfully old, poorly maintained. Our agency had stopped booking her because she was unreliable........like Premier before they went out of business.

One difference with NCL......they didn't have TWO ships with seriously similar problems. It points out Carnival's unwillingness or inability to solve these serious problems.

Perhaps they should change from the Fun Ships to.....the Dead in the Water-Poopy Palaces!!!! Haha!

Do you think Carnival is looking at a new Insurance carrier. Like Allstate. After all, they have ......ACCIDENT FORGIVENESS.

Ok, serious giggle started now!

Quote:

See http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/13/us...it_ae_20130212 for latest news. I hope that Carnival cruisers have pocket flashlights.

Tom

image.php?u=576863&type=sigpic&dateline=1303356041

countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=Tom47&date=1-18-2013&text=First%20cruise%20thru%20Panama%20Canal&ship=Celebrity%20Century

Sept 95, Cruise West, Alaska Inside Passage

Ireland OAT hiking trip Sept 99

Sept 04, Vantage, River Navigator, Danube R.,Budapest to Black Sea

Switzerland rr trip, April 05

Ireland, July 2006

May 07, Vantage,River Navigator, Rhine-Danube,Amsterdam to Budapest

May 09, Vantage/Hurtigruten,MS Trollfjord, Bergen-Kirkenes-Bergen, Norway, Flam train

Aug-Sep 10 Toronto-Vancouver, Canada and rtn VIA rail

Oct 2010-Celebrity Solstice, W. Caribbean,

June 2011, SS Badger, Mantiwoc,Wi. to Ludington,Mi.

Oct 2011, Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas, E. Mediterranean

March 2012, Celebrity Constellation, S. Caribbean

June-July 2012, Vantage MS Tolstoy, Moscow-St. Petersburg + Baltic extension

Various air/road trips, 48 states

Tom, Thanks for proving my point.

I did not use the word "again."

I would have said These things happen -they'll do better" after Splendor. However the latest evidence is "notsomuch".

Would I cruise with them again? Yes. I'm planning one now because it uses the port and itinerary I want. I'd keep this and Splendor in mind for what could happen, I'll be packing a few extra things that don't take up a lot of space. If the worst happens, I have an understanding boss and I'm prepared as I reasonably can be to rough it.

We cruised Carnival often until 2009 when we went on a New Years cruise on Triump. It was awful - the crew was having a great time with each other and not paying much attention to passengers with any problems or requests. Then I tried them again in 2012 on Ecstacy and was won back to them. Now, after seeing their handling of this, I'm not impressed. They should have found a way to off load these passengers.

Not one bit hesitant to book another Carnival cruise. I'm cruising on the Magic in April. Can't wait! I will cruise on the Triumph again, assuming she comes back to Galveston. It makes me sad that this happened to her and her crew. :(

This will be my fourth Carnival Cruise, leaving in March '13....I read some of the negative reviews from people and wonder what's wrong with me! I've always had a great time, enjoyed the crew members who helped me.

CCL is a great deal for me when I travel, and allows me to enjoy a vacation where I don't have to worry about a thing!

I find that when I read reviews about most things,( a restaurant, a hotel, a company, a cruise line) the folks with negative comments always speak up loud and clear! So, now I try to leave a positive review to help others who are trying to make a decision.

From other comments.....normally cancellation policy. You are my getting special treatment

Anyone have any luck seeing what Carnival says if you tell them that you are hesitant about an upcoming cruise you have booked and may want to cancel?

Sent from the awesome Gailerina using my iPhone!

I have no hesitation. They could only do so much. I am interested to know more about the issues beforehand and whether or not they contributed but no - I am booked on an April 28th and October 11th cruise on the Valor and Sunshine respectively. I've got no hesitation.

Big ups to the crew for giving 1000% - they were living in this nightmare too. Their quarters are BELOW ours so I can't imagine...

..after seeing their handling of this, I'm not impressed. They should have found a way to off load these passengers.
I've been a boater for years and have no idea how that could have been accomplished safely at sea, considering waves, wind, currents and the size of the ship.. :) Had it been an easy chore, I'd be more than certain that Carnival would have done so...:D

Archived