Attempt at a Semi- LIVE report from the Adventure of the Seas b2b, Feb 17 & 24, 2013!

ckrobyn

Good morning from San Juan!!!!! I think they knew I was coming, because someone ordered absolutely perfect weather for the next few days, including sailaway to tomorrow. Wait! Did I just say TOMORROW???? Yippeeee!!!! :) My countdown clock started at about 380 sleeps, and now I am down to just one.......I'm sure most all of you can agree that CC helps the time go faster and builds the excitement leading up to your cruise in so many ways!

Last night we actually skipped dinner because we had a late afternoon snack at a place across the street from our hotel called "Buns Burger Shop" - It was recommended to me by another CC member and I was not led astray. The food was really good. Char-broiled hot dogs and burgers/fresh cut fries/onion rings/grilled cheese panini's.....so....in lieu of dinner, we spent some time in the lobby bar "Red Coral Lounge" and enjoyed a few drinks and some appetizers. The service here at the Marriott has been superb. I love it when every employee wishes you a good day - it seems that they are genuinely happy to see you :) Nothing but good things to say about this hotel, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to book a pre-cruise stay. The prices are a bit high, but that is typical for most hotels in the Condado area.

We walked across the road yesterday to "Walgreens", so yes, there is a Walgreens almost perfectly diagonal to the hotel. Yes, they do sell wine ;)

I also must mention that I awoke at 4:30AM, and when I looked out the window I could clearly see a cruise ship coming into port.....I will have to look up what sails out of San Juan on Saturday? Or, someone could just tell me :o I did manage to fall asleep again, but only for an hour or so - I think the excitement is getting to me!

After breakfast we are headed into Old San Juan - it's been a few years since we were last there and I am looking forward to exploring it once again.

Of course, I will update upon my return :D Hope everyone has a great day!!!!!!

Excited to wake up & read your posts!!

We're definitely planning a visit to the Condado (shopping) area when we call there in November! Glad the weather is perfect for you guys!! Enjoy!EnjoyEnjoy! Whats on tap for today!? <~~~scratch that ? -I just read you are heading into OSJ!

(Robyn, btw- when you open a dialogue box to make a post, underneath you should have two options,one says "show your signature", cant you just un-check it? then your sig wont show.

Edited by CruiseDivaNJ

We're definitely planning a visit to the Condado (shopping) area when we call there in November! Glad the weather is perfect for you guys!! Enjoy!EnjoyEnjoy! Whats on tap for today!? <~~~scratch that ? -I just read you are heading into OSJ!

(Robyn, btw- when you open a dialogue box to make a post, underneath you should have two options,one says "show your signature", cant you just un-check it? then your sig wont show.

Testing this for you..... never saw this before.....

ETA : wow..... who knew?

ETA2: will need to be done for each post if you decide to use it..... it returns to the default for subsequent posts

Edited by NorbertsNiece

I think I did it......

No sig, right???:rolleyes:

I think I did it......

No sig, right???:rolleyes:

Right..... but as you see from this post you will need to check that box for each post as it reverts automatically to sig ..... x

ETA That's if you can bothered..... life's too short..... go and enjoy your vacation!!! x

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Robyn, if you have a chance would you let me know if the luggage valet program is available on the ship, we are using us air, for our flights.

Thank you for taking us with you on your cruise.

For sure - I will definitely find out for you.

In fact, I just scrolled through the entire thread and wrote down all the questions so I don't forget anyone :rolleyes:

Robyn, if you have a chance would you let me know if the luggage valet program is available on the ship, we are using us air, for our flights.

Thank you for taking us with you on your cruise.

I can answer that.

We were on Adventure in December 2012 and definitely no luggage valet then. Indeed, not year before either. They discontinued the program in San Juan several years back and no sign of it returning anytime soon.

bobj

For sure - I will definitely find out for you.

In fact, I just scrolled through the entire thread and wrote down all the questions so I don't forget anyone :rolleyes:

Robyn:

Welcome to San Juan!! Looking forward to your posts!! :):) I know that you are going to have a great cruise!!

Here's a link to the weather for the first 7 days.

Leaving San Juan today : Brilliance of the Seas and Celebrity Summit.

The only way I have removed my sig in the past is to go to User CP - Edit Sig and copy all the code from the preview into a word doc then delete the whole sig from preview..... you can then copy the code back on your return

x

Thank you this was a great site. I was trying to explain to my DH and MIL that the rain is not like when it says it will rain here in Buffalo. They thought the weather didn't look very good since there is a chance of rain most days. It is usually just those quick showers correct? Then the sun will come back out:)

Elizabeth

Thank you this was a great site. I was trying to explain to my DH and MIL that the rain is not like when it says it will rain here in Buffalo. They thought the weather didn't look very good since there is a chance of rain most days. It is usually just those quick showers correct? Then the sun will come back out:)

Elizabeth

Absolutely.

When I was in SJ last year we were sat outside a restaurant and the heavens opened for 5 minutes..... it was hot.... it stopped raining and everything dried up real quick. :)

Elizabeth

Any forecast for any Carribean port almost always says 30-40% chance of rain! When I do look at the weather forecast, I always take it with a grain of salt as I have sailed the southern itinerary at least 10 times and have never been "rained" out, in fact we always have near perfect weather!!! So, you are correct - the rain is mostly sun showers that clear up almost immediately :)

Thank you OB .... LOVE to see at least one ship as I fly in (I always take the window seat so I can get that picture)!!!

I should have added to my post that Indy is there every OTHER Thursday depending on whether the ship is on its 8 night or 6 night week. If you tell me the week that you are going I'll tell you where Indy is.

I can answer that.

We were on Adventure in December 2012 and definitely no luggage valet then. Indeed, not year before either. They discontinued the program in San Juan several years back and no sign of it returning anytime soon.

bobj

Bummer.

I should have added to my post that Indy is there every OTHER Thursday depending on whether the ship is on its 8 night or 6 night week. If you tell me the week that you are going I'll tell you where Indy is.

Thanks for being so helpful OB ... we fly into SJU on 3/7/13 & hoping to see the Indy!

Can anyone tell me the times for the shows for late seating guests (on the Adventure) ? Thanks!

Usually around 7 PM. However, occasionally there will be one show for all guests that will occur after late seating. I THINK that was how they did the welcome aboard show the last time that we were aboard.

Robyn, I just started a new thread, "Photos of Appetizers, Entrees, and Desserts" for anyone who would like to add photos of their meals as a quick reference for those wondering about the new menus. We are doing our B2B in May and I will take as many photos as possible to add to the thread and was wondering if you would be willing to take photos of your meals & maybe your tablemates would even be willing to show their meals for your Cruise Critic Friends. Looking forward to your review, have a great cruise:)!!!

CKROBIN -

I'm following for a play-by-play of your sailing. Can't wait. DW and I are sailing a Western on Oasis in April. We have never sailed the Southern route and have questioned whether to pre-book a Southern sailing while on-board in April. To date, we have only done Eastern and Western. I assume that you have sailed this numerous times? I have read threads concerning the Southern routes ships needing dry-dock soon; this does raise some concern as we have never tried any of the ships in the class and are unfamiliar. Any advice on pro and cons for booking this route at this time would be greatly appreciated. Hope you enjoy your two weeks! I will be watching for updates to enjoy from Ohio.