Half moon cay BBQ lunch

kirban67

Personally, I'm not a fan of the island bbq, though I'm a huge fan of the island. Calling it a bbq is a misnomer. The food is burgers, dogs, chicken and ribs with a few salads and two or three desserts served buffet style. The lines can be very long. Seating is at covered picnic tables. There's always plenty of room so finding a seat is not difficult.

The jerk chicken was definitely the highlight of the BBQ, and I thought the cheeseburgers and cookies were pretty good as well. A few suggestions: bring a sports bottle or tervis tumbler or something similar fill up at the drink station -- the cups on the island I though were a bit on the small side. (And remember, the proper way to fill your containers is to pour from the dispensers into their cups, and then into your container.) Also, there are a few different lines food lines, so don't just crowd into the nearest line. Finally, there is plenty of seating scattered about (the pavilions seemed to be in a maze-like pattern, and the setup was a little confusing - might have had a little bit to do with the amount of adult beverages I was consuming), so if the nearby tables seem full, keep walking a bit. Have fun, it is a great island!!!

Personally, I'm not a fan of the island bbq, though I'm a huge fan of the island. Calling it a bbq is a misnomer. The food is burgers, dogs, chicken and ribs with a few salads and two or three desserts served buffet style. The lines can be very long. Seating is at covered picnic tables. There's always plenty of room so finding a seat is not difficult.

I thought the buffet was terrible. It was the worst food of our whole trip. I didn't care for anything I had to eat there. The island was fabulous.. just not the food.

Just curious, but doesn't a BBQ consist of burgers, hot dogs, chicken, potato salad, cole slaw, salad, fruit and dessert? Why do you say it is a misnomer?

Just curious, but doesn't a BBQ consist of burgers, hot dogs, chicken, potato salad, cole slaw, salad, fruit and dessert? Why do you say it is a misnomer?

That's what I call a BBQ. I think what I call BBQ is considered "Grilling" in some areas though.

Archived