Cruise and I have no luggage!

cruz chic

Not a tough crowd at all - I think half of it is in fun (some have been around for a while).

Take a look at the questions people ask - everyone is happy to help.

You just have to take what is beneficial for you from any of these boards:D

and welcome:D.

I see nothing "fun" about some of the comments people make on this forum. Rudeness, snarkiness, criticism are never appropriate in my book. There is always a civil or diplomatic way to express a difference of opinion.

Not a tough crowd at all - I think half of it is in fun (some have been around for a while).

Take a look at the questions people ask - everyone is happy to help.

You just have to take what is beneficial for you from any of these boards:D

and welcome:D.

Well said! :)

Yes, some of us that have been around a while do know the regulars - and can sometimevread between the lines. ;) And yes, after a while one gets to know first names, genders etc. and correcting someone re gender is not a bad thing: often I am not sure and have to be careful how I phrase things so as not no make the wrong assumption.

I often wonder what people who browse this Forum think. If I was thinking aout a HAL cruise, and read this forum for information what would be the impression of the average HAL cruiser?

Would I then determine HAL is really not for me and move on to another line? One in which the loyalists were less caustic, less critical, more honest, less rude?

Many who post on this Forum treat this as their own blog, new people need not post, and if they do, well the knves come out.

Sad really as the only way HAL will survive is with new customers and so many of the clique here are determined to drive away any who are not in the clique.

As a "newbie" to this forum, I have to say that the amount of snarky posts astound me. I choose to chalk it up to those posters having a direct writing style and not really thinking about how their posts "sound".

I feel this is a tough crowd to join, frankly. From those who have been on these boards for years and have come to know other posters (and their sex, their style, their daily itineraries) I say give it a rest!

This post in not directed at any one specific incident or post, but an accumulative judgement based on my readings here.

Back to the major question here. Where's the luggage now?

Hopefully it will be in St. Maarten tomorrow. I am sure that if Lorene cannot find a wi-fi signal there to report in, then Dave will most likely mention it in his daily report.

I am so wishing for a happy ending here.

Back to the major question here. Where's the luggage now?

LOL--I read this after some of the recent posts and cracked up. its like a Where's waldo? kind of thing.

I sure hope Lorene has her luggage and she has some great stories to tell when she is able to get back online!!

ML

As a "newbie" to this forum, I have to say that the amount of snarky posts astound me. I choose to chalk it up to those posters having a direct writing style and not really thinking about how their posts "sound".

I feel this is a tough crowd to join, frankly. From those who have been on these boards for years and have come to know other posters (and their sex, their style, their daily itineraries) I say give it a rest!

This post in not directed at any one specific incident or post, but an accumulative judgement based on my readings here.

As one who has recently been the recipient of sarcasm and snarkiness for making a minor error, I have to agree.

It's disappointing to me, because the people who were snarky are people whose advice I had previously benefitted from.

I'm not a newbie, but I obviously have not posted enough on the HAL boards to have any credibility here.

It's left me more than a little cautious.

As one who has recently been the recipient of sarcasm and snarkiness for making a minor error, I have to agree.

It's disappointing to me, because the people who were snarky are people whose advice I had previously benefitted from.

I'm not a newbie, but I obviously have not posted enough on the HAL boards to have any credibility here.

It's left me more than a little cautious.

Ignore the snarky comments and just read the boards to get the info you need. Life is too short to waste on topics/people who are annoying. I haven't done a lot on these boards, but enough to know that there are some posters whose comments I will not read. But to be fair, whenever I post a question, I have always gotten useful info, so this is still a big benefit to me.

ML

Hopefully it will be in St. Maarten tomorrow. I am sure that if Lorene cannot find a wi-fi signal there to report in, then Dave will most likely mention it in his daily report.

I am so wishing for a happy ending here.

sapper

I looked for Dave/Retired Mustang reports on this cruise but can't find it--can you post the link? i would love to read what he has to say. This is a cruise we might be interested in at some point.

Thanks

ML

thanks!! talk about coincidence--I just saw the thread appear on the board! I don't know why the search didn't show it, but i will now follow it religiously.

maybe Lorene will ask dave to post something for her, if she knows about him??

ML

thanks!! talk about coincidence--I just saw the thread appear on the board! I don't know why the search didn't show it, but i will now follow it religiously.

maybe Lorene will ask dave to post something for her, if she knows about him??

ML

They met at the meet and greet.

I have and based on the folks who post there determined long long ago Cunard wouldn't see any of my business.

It's all about perception in todays world and given so many cruise lines, the question for new cruisers or people looking for a change is "Why would I choose HAL" Fellow cruisers is only one factor of course, but when new people are knifed by the clique here the impression is not good.

An example is the fellow who posted about denied boarding based on a documentation issue, and the information given to him by a HAL rep. Not a great impression of fellow HAL passengers left from that exchange of information.

I think the Clique here needs to stop and think about what they post, how they express themselves and understand the impression they are making on others. Others who may not post, simply move on based on what they read here.

Have you ever seen the Cunard boards? ;)

I have and based on the folks who post there determined long long ago Cunard wouldn't see any of my business.

It's all about perception in todays world and given so many cruise lines, the question for new cruisers or people looking for a change is "Why would I choose HAL" Fellow cruisers is only one factor of course, but when new people are knifed by the clique here the impression is not good.

An example is the fellow who posted about denied boarding based on a documentation issue, and the information given to him by a HAL rep. Not a great impression of fellow HAL passengers left from that exchange of information.

I think the Clique here needs to stop and think about what they post, how they express themselves and understand the impression they are making on others. Others who may not post, simply move on based on what they read here.

That's too bad since my QM2 cruise (yes, I used the "C" word!) was nothing like the Cunard message board here on CC. And I am sure that would be true for HAL too - my HAL cruises have all been charters so not representative.

Anyone posting anywhere on the Internet has to have a somewhat thick skin; it's the nature of the beast. The beast that is also a vast source of information.

that's too bad since my qm2 cruise (yes, i used the "c" word!) was nothing like the cunard message board here on cc. And i am sure that would be true for hal too - my hal cruises have all been charters so not representative.

Anyone posting anywhere on the internet has to have a somewhat thick skin; it's the nature of the beast. The beast that is also a vast source of information.

:d:d

That's too bad since my QM2 cruise (yes, I used the "C" word!) was nothing like the Cunard message board here on CC. And I am sure that would be true for HAL too - my HAL cruises have all been charters so not representative.

Anyone posting anywhere on the Internet has to have a somewhat thick skin; it's the nature of the beast. The beast that is also a vast source of information.

How very true. I cannot begin to recount the amount of advise and knowledge I have gained from this forum. But boy oh boy, all of a sudden there are a number of snarky posts complaining about snarky comments and turning it into a snarky forum. Are we supposed to apologise for having come to know one another over the years? We have welcomed "newbies" with open arms and have answered the same questions over and over again. Are we now supposed to move aside just because some of us have cruised together.... now there are accusations of being a clique (click). Having been around so long, yes of course we can often read between the lines, and we know when someone is taking a cheap shot at a poster.

Remembering what this thread is about..... lets get back to hoping that the OP is reunited with her luggage very soon. And that if she cannot access internet to let us know, then Dave, I am sure, will report such on his "live from..." thread. Enjoy.

Nothing like it since "Who shot JR":)

LOL!! I think we may be dating ourselves, but I remember this!! I never watched Dallas (the original) but i do remember how they dragged out the suspense all summer.

too funny.., but a great reference!

ML

How very true. I cannot begin to recount the amount of advise and knowledge I have gained from this forum. But boy oh boy, all of a sudden there are a number of snarky posts complaining about snarky comments and turning it into a snarky forum. Are we supposed to apologise for having come to know one another over the years? We have welcomed "newbies" with open arms and have answered the same questions over and over again. Are we now supposed to move aside just because some of us have cruised together.... now there are accusations of being a clique (click). Having been around so long, yes of course we can often read between the lines, and we know when someone is taking a cheap shot at a poster.

Remembering what this thread is about..... lets get back to hoping that the OP is reunited with her luggage very soon. And that if she cannot access internet to let us know, then Dave, I am sure, will report such on his "live from..." thread. Enjoy.

exactly!! You learn patterns after a time and feel a need to try and back some people off (at least I do). Takes all kinds and newbies shouldn't take it personally. Post your questions, you will likely get great answers, and ignore the rest.

ML

Bora Bora?! :O

Ya know, if it does end up there, you'll be blamed!!! :D

And you're right about the Cunard board. There are some regular posters over there who can really get into it. There are some days I think about making some popcorn while I watch the action.

I'm really surprised that people think there's a clique on this board. Yes, there are longtime posters, but I haven't seen any attempt to excude someone or be rude to newbies. (OK, the one-post trolls get smacked around, but that's true on any board). The nastiest replies I've had to my posts have been from people who don't usually post on the HAL board. Often, they're cheerleaders for other lines who just keep an eye out for hot-button threads like formal night or smoking and show up to smack people who don't agree with them and then disappear to their "home" board.

I suppose we won't hear anything about Lorene's luggage until the end of the day, when she's back on board. St Maarten (sp?) is lovely. Maybe a little shopping and a little beach time will give her a good day, luggage or not.

Ya know, if it does end up there, you'll be blamed!!! :D

Blame the Amazing Race for that! I always wanted to go to Bora Bora...

I suppose we won't hear anything about Lorene's luggage until the end of the day, when she's back on board. St Maarten (sp?) is lovely. Maybe a little shopping and a little beach time will give her a good day, luggage or not.

Well, you don't need any clothes on St. Maarten. ;)

Archived