Cruise and I have no luggage!

cruz chic

LORENE!

Just Read (and caught up with) this thread. OMG!

Bright-side?

- You have an impecable sense of style and I'm sure you will find replacements for what you packed.

- You are in the Caribbean, wear less clothes.

That said - I sincerely hope that the bag catches up and that the weather and the waves are perfect from here on out.

Cheers,

Deb <-- who wishes she was on a HAL ship with no luggage right now.

Plus HAL sells luggage tags that you can tuck/fold a copy of your itinerary in behind the identity info. Bought them off the website last time we went to Alaska. They have the Holland America logo on them, so hopefully airline folks will see it is a cruise person and look for info inside the tag, eliminating the need to go inside your bag.

This is the best reason I have seen to purchase the HAL luggage tags. Up to now I thought "why bother"? But now I know and I thank you. I have always been careful to copy my travel plans and place a copy in each bag (in a plastic sleve no less) with all contact info and addresses. I have been doing this for years for land based travel.

Now I will get the HAL cruise tags.

I'm blaming it on the long cold winter and we are getting "cabin fever". Don't worry spring will come and we will all be happier....I hope.

I think you over-estimate the power of the seasons.:rolleyes: Certain personalities on this board remain "weather-proof"...........:(

Here's hoping Lorekauf's luggage finds her soon! :D

Yes, you do owe me an apology for falsely accusing me of criticising her! :mad:

I read it as being critical, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. However, it is hard to convey the true feeling in the written word so we often have to think twice before hitting "submit". There were several ways you could have worded it that wouldn't have sounded critical.

There was a thread here a little while ago about a nude cruise on the NA - maybe that is the way to go :eek: then you wouldn't have to worry about your luggage! LOL :)

God, the pax would have been jumping overboard if I'd been strutting around nekkid:D

I think several of you need to be less concerned about the size of the font one posts with and how many explanation points they may use . People have different ways of expressing themselves and you have to assume that a simple question is just that and no harm is intended. Maybe its time for another HAL cruise, hmm ?

Actually, lemmings don't do what they appeared to do in the Disney movie. The film crew of "White Wilderness" herded the poor little guys into a river.

The things some people's kids will do for a dollar.:eek:

Would you believe I just googled "lemmings" about half an hour ago and read just what you are saying? Who'd a thunk it? Can't trust anyone. :eek:

As a "newbie" to this forum, I have to say that the amount of snarky posts astound me. I choose to chalk it up to those posters having a direct writing style and not really thinking about how their posts "sound".

I feel this is a tough crowd to join, frankly. From those who have been on these boards for years and have come to know other posters (and their sex, their style, their daily itineraries) I say give it a rest!

This post in not directed at any one specific incident or post, but an accumulative judgement based on my readings here.

As a "newbie" to this forum, I have to say that the amount of snarky posts astound me. I choose to chalk it up to those posters having a direct writing style and not really thinking about how their posts "sound".

I feel this is a tough crowd to join, frankly. From those who have been on these boards for years and have come to know other posters (and their sex, their style, their daily itineraries) I say give it a rest!

This post in not directed at any one specific incident or post, but an accumulative judgement based on my readings here.

Thank you, Kathie. EXACTLY the way I feel when on this board. If you're not one of "the click" your comments just don't seem to matter....

Not a tough crowd at all - I think half of it is in fun (some have been around for a while).

Take a look at the questions people ask - everyone is happy to help.

You just have to take what is beneficial for you from any of these boards:D

and welcome:D.

Oh, I believe most of the posters do, indeed, think about how their posts sound. Those who don't either apologize or edit the post if they still have time, once they realize they were harsh, snarky or offensive. I don't see that happen too often, but it is a breath of fresh air when it does happen.

Thank you, Kathie. EXACTLY the way I feel when on this board. If you're not one of "the click" your comments just don't seem to matter....

It is what it is unfortunately.

Archived