Cruise and I have no luggage!

cruz chic

See if I ever write a poem to the stupid Luggage God's again.

Clearly they gave no sense of humour whatsoever.:(

Have a wonderful cruise ....we are all so wishing you well.:)

Colleen

Aww, I thought it was a neat poem, thoughtful and playful :)

If good intentions could have lifted those bags into her hands they surely would be sitting on her bed getting unpacked! ;):)

See if I ever write a poem to the stupid Luggage God's again.:mad::mad:

Clearly they gave no sense of humour whatsoever.:(

Have a wonderful cruise ....we are all so wishing you well.:)

Colleen

It was a great poem:D

I am SO sorry that your luggage has not arrived. I know you dress carefully and probably packed accordingly. What a shame:

So sorry to hear her luggage did not make it to the ship. I sure hope it is forwarded on to her next port.

When I travel by air I always place a large print copy of my route/destinations in the unlocked outside pocket of my luggage. I include my hotel name and phone number, ship name, port info and departure time, flight numbers, etc. so that hopefully my luggage will catch up with me at some point.

I've had lost luggage problems just once. My conference was in Mpls. My luggage was in Toledo, OH. NWest kept telling me they knew right where it was but for more than 24 hours they kept NOT sending it. Not cool when all the other women were in very smart business attire and I was in casual slacks and top, socks and crosstrainers. I was on a tight budget and didn't buy clothes because they kept telling me it was on its way.

lorekauf, I am SO sorry your luggage didn't get to the ship :(

(you DID have your "best bling" with you, on your person, right? You will still "wow"!)

Smooth sailing, fair winds and following seas -- I fervently hope this is the ONLY less-than-stellar thing that happens on your cruise.

I read through the whole thread to see if any good news would come up. I was in a situation similar to this and apparently, the fact that they know where your luggage is is actually a very big thing - not truly lost, just mishandled.:D

I know, you feel a lot better.

You kept the important stuff with you and you had time to make some new acquisitions clothing wise, albeit in Walmart.

If anyone can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear it would be you.:)

HAL will continue to be great and you cannot rule out this will still be your best cruise yet.

Good luck, and bon voyage...you are going to be in the thoughts of a lot of friends for the next while.

Smooth sailing...

Oh dear! Best wishes to you on your cruise. I am going to stuff as much possible in my carry on tote in case my luggage does not make it to FLL this weekend. I will be surprised if even I make it there! Enjoy your cruise and it sounds like you will make the best of it and will have quite a story to tell in the future.

Coka

This happened to us one time on a European trip. My suitcase (of course mine, and not my DH) didn't make it. We had a multiple stop trip throughout Europe and our suitcase "followed" us the entire way! During the chase, it finally caught up with us on the second to last day of our trip! It was almost comical :) straight out of Vaudville! We were a starving young couple at the time, so the clothes I had in my overnight bag were creatively worn! By the time my suitcase arrived, I forgot what I had even packed!

I don't know what the ship itinerary is, but usually United will forward to the first port of call, if you have given them that information.

Did the HAL staff have you fill out a Lost Luggage form for them?

David

TravelSmith used to sell designated itinerary luggage tags, which provided space to insert one's itinerary. They were yellow and specifically identified as itinerary. I don't know if they are still available. We used them a few years ago and it provided a sense, perhaps a false sense, of security that any delayed or lost luggage would find its way to the next port.

Since we have had cases missplaced by airlines over the pass few years, we have taken to make coppies of our curise itinerary, hotels, and even the airline flights. We place copies in each of the outside pockets, and put two in the centre of the cases. An airline employee told us that this would help them get our cases to use.

TravelSmith used to sell designated itinerary luggage tags, which provided space to insert one's itinerary. They were yellow and specifically identified as itinerary. I don't know if they are still available. We used them a few years ago and it provided a sense, perhaps a false sense, of security that any delayed or lost luggage would find its way to the next port.

We use those, too. I don't know if they work---and I hope we never have to find out. As paranoid as I am, I have actually not chosen a particular itinerary because of the possibility of delayed luggage. I like knowing there is an airport there!

Since we have had cases missplaced by airlines over the pass few years, we have taken to make coppies of our curise itinerary, hotels, and even the airline flights. We place copies in each of the outside pockets, and put two in the centre of the cases. An airline employee told us that this would help them get our cases to use.

I did this on our first cruise based on comments I'd seen on Cruise Critic, but haven't done it since. I think I will start making this a regular thing I do on all cruises. Never know when you could get seperated from your luggage.

My thoughts go out to anyone with lost bgs packed for a wonderful cruise. I would be gong nuts and this is why I Never let loose of my bags. Inge may be a bit wrinkled but I have mastered no checked bags regardless of trip itinerary or length.

So sad for Lorene,

Hope she lets us all know if she ever got her bags.

Archived