Luggage tags

dem1958

This is our first time On Royal Caribbean....

and I don't understand the luggage Tags. We filled our set sail papers.... They showed a picture of a luggage tag and said they were not the actual luggage tags so when do we get our luggage tags or do we make our own.

This is our first time On Royal Caribbean....

and I don't understand the luggage Tags. We filled our set sail papers.... They showed a picture of a luggage tag and said they were not the actual luggage tags so when do we get our luggage tags or do we make our own.

Your electronic cruise docs will appear on the website at about 49 days before the cruise. Towards the end of this document will be an image of your luggage tag.

Honestly, I would just get them at the pier. They are very strong stickers. Same as what they used to send for free. I only found our by accident when I forgot the tags they sent me at home.

You can do that but make sure the porter writes the correct cabin number on the tags. There have been rare reports of them writing the wrong number and delays in receiving luggage.

I'm sure I'll get the usual flaming when I say that it's annoying that they discontinued the luggage tag mailers. Not only was it convenient but it was also a celebratory event in anticipation of the cruise.

I'm sure I'll get the usual flaming when I say that it's annoying that they discontinued the luggage tag mailers. Not only was it convenient but it was also a celebratory event in anticipation of the cruise.

I still have my original docs from my first cruise in 1991, Nordic Empress! They contained a little booklet with tips and hints on cruising and a Welcome to the Bahamas book as well!

yes but somethings up with them lately.

The image shows up on your set sail docs, but there are no actual tags showing up in cruise docs to do it yourself.

There's also no link for loyalty members to order theres, at least not that I can see.

yes but somethings up with them lately.

The image shows up on your set sail docs, but there are no actual tags showing up in cruise docs to do it yourself.

There's also no link for loyalty members to order theres, at least not that I can see.

Only those in a GS or higher or Pinnacle members can order them.

Only those in a GS or higher or Pinnacle members can order them.

yeah that's us, but there was never a link to order them. it's weird.

TA told me to use the little diagram that prints out with the sea pass and hand it to the porter and let him hand make them

We had no trouble printing them and then laminating them for use in October, but in preparing for Monday's cruise my husband found it necessary to call a RCL representative and have them help make the page work. Hopefully they have updated the process in the cruise documents page by now. If not, give them another:) call!

You make your own now. It's not hard at all. You can print as many as you like and either laminate them or use 2" wide packing tape to "laminate". Punch a hole in one end and attach with luggage loops or zip ties.

you don't need to punch a hole and attach with zip ties or luggage loops, just wrap the entire tag around the handle of the suitcase and use the tape to tie the ends closed. It works fine - did it that way for Holland America a few years ago. Folding makes the paper quite strong. You can also order luggage tag holders thru cruise critic and other companies (serendipity is where I got mine on line). They worked fine for me earlier this month.

Is there a special place to make requests such as this on line? Whereabouts is it on their site? Thanks.

Luggage tags are mailed only if you are in a Grand Suite or better, or if you are Pinnacle in Cornw & Anchor. If that applies to you, then you can find the link to request mailed luggage tags on the same page as you online check-in. Otherwise you can print the luggage tag page at the end of your Guest Vacation documents on the website.

You can do that but make sure the porter writes the correct cabin number on the tags. There have been rare reports of them writing the wrong number and delays in receiving luggage.

The last 2 cruises we didn't preprint our tags we got them from the porter

each time we had to fill them in ourselves , no problem with that

I just ordered luggage tag holders from Amazon. They have two sizes - the narrow ones are for RCI & Celebrity.

Don't confuse the small image on your SetSail Pass with the full size tag you will find on your cruise documents. Those will be issued closer to the cruise. The luggage tag holders are helpful in case of rain and also help prevent the tags from getting pulled off accidently.

I have all mine too from 2002 until they discontinued them. Miss the booklets as they gave you someone to read and look forward to

I still have my original docs from my first cruise in 1991, Nordic Empress! They contained a little booklet with tips and hints on cruising and a Welcome to the Bahamas book as well!

I ordered and just received my luggage holders from Favors by Serendipty which is the company Amazon gets the tags from. They are awesome and no matter what cruise line I use now I wont have to worry any longer about the luggage tags - since they stop sending them and made you either print them out or getting them at dock side. I am a very happy camper Yippee

I just ordered luggage tag holders from Amazon. They have two sizes - the narrow ones are for RCI & Celebrity.

Don't confuse the small image on your SetSail Pass with the full size tag you will find on your cruise documents. Those will be issued closer to the cruise. The luggage tag holders are helpful in case of rain and also help prevent the tags from getting pulled off accidently.

Archived