Did Specialty Restaurants Price's Go Up?

Cruiser21

I enjoyed my dinner at Q-sine but if you're expecting molecular gastronomy you're going to be disappointed. Q-sine is really more about quirky presentation than it is about deconstructing or re-imagining the food. Its a fun night, but the food itself, once you get past the presentation, is nothing special.

Totally agree.

We were on Silhouette last week and didn't know in advance that prices had gone up. I was surprised (not the good kind) that Qsine is now $45.

I know that the service, the serve ware and kitchen labor have a price but the food ingredients don't nearly justify that cost.

I did find Tuscan Grill a reasonable cost/value proposition at $35.

For us, who have always been satisfied with the food in the normal restaurants on the X ships, the prices now are4 absolutely redicoulos.

I will never pay so much money for eating in one of their specialty restaurants. We will now go on the Eurodam, where we have to pay $ 15 for the Tamarind Restaurant, excellent asian-european mixture in a wonderful atmosphere and $ 20 or $ 25 in their grill restaurant.

These prices are fair. I don´t know, what Celebrity is thinking about this incredible prices.

I suppose my problem is this - on a previous cruise, not Celebrity or RCCI, my DW and I ate in a "specialty restaurant" and it wasn't all that special. Except for the service the food was about the same as in the MDR. In fact my wife sent her first entre back saying I have done much better on our grill at home. Of course this upset the staff. I on the other hand wanted an item off the menu and was informed that there was an additional charge over and above the specialty restaurant fee. In retrospect we should have just left and fought the charge down at guest services. Now to my point.

This cruise we will take is the culmination of a promise I made to my wife years ago - we are going to Alaska in August on the Millennium. I really want to make this a special cruise as it spans both her birthday and our anniversary. However I don't want to spend $100+ on a dinner that may not be as good as one I can get in downtown Minneapolis. After reading this thread I as confused as ever. Has anyone here recently been on the Millennium and how are her restaurants? Should I be "surprised" with any extra fees once we arrive there for dinner?

I would appreciate any assistance. Thanks.

A friend has been on an asian tour on the Millenium.

And it was his first time, that he was disappointed from the food in the MDR.

But he liked the food in the specialty restaurants, for them it was free of charge, because they had booked a Sky Suite and they could use the Blue with a charge of $5 per person per evening.

But I also know people who has been together with us on Solstice class ships, who were not satisfied with the food in the expensive specialty dining rooms.

We always liked the food in the MDR on X-ships, but it seems, that it depends on the itinerary. We often have heard, that food on asian tours are not as good as normal. But I don´t know why.

Went online tonight to book my specialty restaurants and the Tuscan Grill is now $35 per person and Murano is $45 per person. Do they Increase the the price closer to sailing date? I sail next week on Reflection.

Yes. I have been told that on the first night however, the price for the first night could be half price. The specialty restaurants are typically not booked up so they offer this specialty. Could however be limited to one or two of the restaurants.

Hi

Just back from the Summit and went to Qsine and it's a such an experience.

For the price, the first nightm, they charge 30$ and all the other night was 35$ or 36$ and the last night, back to 30$

Don't know about Normandie.... didn't go.

We were on Silhouette last week and didn't know in advance that prices had gone up. I was surprised (not the good kind) that Qsine is now $45.

I know that the service, the serve ware and kitchen labor have a price but the food ingredients don't nearly justify that cost.

I did find Tuscan Grill a reasonable cost/value proposition at $35.

We booked online, the Lawn Club Grill before prices went up. Had planned to book Qsine onboard, and possibly Tuscan Grill. However, with the price of Qsine being $45pp, I believe we will stick to the dining room.:rolleyes:

Archived