Cruise Goals 2013-2020?

Oh..and if I had kids that were married, they would be saying the same about cruising with me. LOL

We just did a cruise with my parents (they are in their mid-60s). My husband and I had a great time.

HIS mother is a different story. I actually deal with her better than he does. Lets just say that a 4 day cruise may still be too long. ;)

We just did a cruise with my parents (they are in their mid-60s). My husband and I had a great time.

HIS mother is a different story. I actually deal with her better than he does. Lets just say that a 4 day cruise may still be too long. ;)

LOl..I was thinking you were paying for HER bar bill...not yours. HAHAHA.

First, I'm happy to see I'm not alone in FAR ahead planning!:D

Second, take your kids when they join your family, some of my happiest memories are of the places I took the kids (land & cruise) as someone stated just plan things out and it will all come together.

Third, sadly the next cruise I am planning is 5+ years away, Alaska. With my current income limitations and the fact that this cruise can cost a small fortune I need that much time to save and plan for it.....still something to look forward to and it's on my list!!:D

Forth, Steppy08, oddly enough my bar bill would be for my mom before his mom, but his dad would cost me a fortune of a bar bill before my own dad!! Funny how family is such a mix pot yet common pot of personalities!!

To everyone planning or heading out soon on a cruise......HAVE AN AWESOME TIME!!!

LOl..I was thinking you were paying for HER bar bill...not yours. HAHAHA.

Yes, let me clarify... it would be OUR bar bill, not hers... she only drinks small sips of wine whenever social graces dictate it. We need copious amounts of alcohol when spending any amount of time with her.

She just got off the Fascination last week with a senior group. It was her 3rd or 4th cruise. Her initial comments were "Well, the ship was quite plain." and "My room didn't even have a window."

It's in my head - but I like this, to get it typed out!

Spring Break 2013 (next week!): Freedom

October 2013: Land Trip - Kauai

Summer 2014: Orlando - big family reunion trip (not my preferred time, but works for everyone else.)

November 2014: Greek Isles Cruise - 15th Anniversary

Spring Break 2015: Oasis, Allure, or Quantum?

Early Fall 2016 or 2017: Baltics Cruise

Summer 2015, 2016, 2017: Land trip UK, Irelend (visit SIL)

November 2016, 2017, 2018: Southern Caribbean: St. Kitts, Tortola, St. Croix etc.

Summer 2019: Son's Graduation - Hawaii Land?

October 2019: 20th Anniversary - Tahiti/Fiji Land or Australia/NZ

June 2023: Alaska - My 50th B'day!

That far enough out for you? The Alaska cruise was going to by my 40th, this summer. But I decided to wait until 50 as we are doing a family cruise, and Hawaii this year.

I keep a few ideas in mind for the future but not out nearly as far as the OP. I usually only plan specifics a couple years in advance and have a vague idea for the next 5 years or so.

For 2013 we have another Galapagos cruise booked for April.

For 2014 we have our Antarctica cruise booked for February so I can get that one off the bucket list.

For 2015 we're looking at going to Tahiti, probably Paul Gauguin but maybe Princess. I'm waiting for itineraries to come out. I'll need a relaxing and warm cruise by then.

For 2016 we're thinking of a northern Europe cruise with an overnight stop in St. Petersburg. I don't have any particular cruiseline or itinerary in mind yet.

For 2017 we'd like to try a river cruise, either in Europe or the Nile, but we haven't starting picking the river/cities we want to visit yet. The Nile is my first choice because I loved Egypt when we were there last year and would like to have more than a couple days. However, it will depend on the political situation.

For 2018 we'll probably either try for another river cruise, either the Nile or Amazon. It will depend on what we did in 2017.

It's in my head - but I like this, to get it typed out!

Spring Break 2013 (next week!): Freedom

June 2023: Alaska - My 50th B'day!

That far enough out for you? The Alaska cruise was going to by my 40th, this summer. But I decided to wait until 50 as we are doing a family cruise, and Hawaii this year.

It helped me to type it out...and now I'm finding additional places I hadn't considered. I'm not sure if that is good or bad. LOL.

Have fun on your cruise next week!

I am 40 also...turned at the end of 2012. So, my 50th will be 2022. I haven't planned that one yet!!

Maybe I better plan further out. I was reminded of another few places I'd love to go, but if wait til too old I won't get to do them. I'm about to turn 51, but not getting any younger.

I also wanted to see the Galápagos Islands, Machu Pichu ( not a cruise), and the South Pacific. That plus the others will take me to 65 years old. Scary thought.

For 2017 we'd like to try a river cruise, either in Europe or the Nile, but we haven't starting picking the river/cities we want to visit yet. The Nile is my first choice because I loved Egypt when we were there last year and would like to have more than a couple days. However, it will depend on the political situation.

Oooh. I hadn't even considered the Nile for a river cruise, but that would probably be a very cool way to see Egypt.

Drat. Now I have to add another to the list!

It helped me to type it out...and now I'm finding additional places I hadn't considered. I'm not sure if that is good or bad. LOL.

Have fun on your cruise next week!

I am 40 also...turned at the end of 2012. So, my 50th will be 2022. I haven't planned that one yet!!

Thanks! Yes, reading others makes me think of other places to visit!!!

Happy 40th! Hubby just turned 40 in Sept of last year. So the 40th/50th celebrations are kind of shared :)

Just added another! Feb 2014 out of Galveston with my mom!!! So excited.

YAY! You will have one to look forward to after your cruise this month! Now that I have decided to try and book according to my "goals" vs. "what's available", I'm having a harder time.

I was all set to book my next cruise a few weeks ago, but now have decided to wait until next month when some other itineraries are released. Then I can see how they all fit together. I guess just planning the upcoming cruise is not enough anymore. Hopefully I'm not over complicating things in my mind. I'm afraid of booking and then 5 years down the line realize I haven't booked those that have been on my mental list for awhile.

We don't plan that far in advance due to schedules and what not. In the short term I would love to do the Legend cruise with stops in Montenegro and Slovenia. Next February we have a long bucket list Australia/NZ cruise booked. Other than that:

1. Asia

2. Panama Canal

3. South Pacific

4. Arctic Circle

We did this a few years ago, and it's amazing how much our plans changed. Sometimes we see something while studying the cruise sites, and jump on it!

2013 - Alaska, Pacific Coastal & Eastern Caribbean

2014 - Western Caribbean, Tauck Washington/Williamsburg b2b w/ RCI Canada New England out of Baltimore (Trying to get two trips out of one plane ride)

2015 - Panama Canal

2016 - Scandinavia/Russia and TA

2021 - Antarctica

Only three cruises on our bucket list .. Panama Canal done .. Alaska in 71 days .. Mediterranean hope to do within the next 3 to 5 years.

Other than that just cruising once a year somewhere in the Caribbean hopefully doing 10 to 14 day cruises. After the 15 day Panama Canal it is hard to do only 7 again.

Cruises that will likely happen in the next seven years:

Norwegian Fjords/Baltics (Already Booked!)

Around the Horn South America

Greece/Turkey/Croatia

Westbound Transatlantic Cruise

Panama Canal

Cruises that may or may not happen in the next seven years:

Alaska Cruisetour

Tahiti

Cruises that won't happen in the next seven years, but hopefully someday:

Antarctica/South Georgia Island

Egypt/Jordan/Israel River Cruise and Land Tour

China River Crusise

Galapagos Islands

Australia/New Zealand/Fiji/New Caledonia

I have traveled all over the world. Everyone should have an Alaska cruise on their bucket list and don't skimp on excursions or even the cabin (get a balcony). It was the best cruise and private port excursions for both my daughter and I. We only wished we would have skipped Denali National Park. You get put on a school type bus (remember the size of those double seats - yeah, maybe when you were nine years old) with 40 strangers (whinny children and old men passing gas - yup right in front of us) for 9 hours (there may be a shorter version); the animals are way WAY too far away and if you pick your port excursions properly you'll see plenty of bear, eagles and other wildlife. The bus driver has to manuver a very tight road, sometime passing another bus on cliff like dirt road (no barriers).

I have traveled all over the world. Everyone should have an Alaska cruise on their bucket list and don't skimp on excursions or even the cabin (get a balcony). It was the best cruise and private port excursions for both my daughter and I. We only wished we would have skipped Denali National Park. You get put on a school type bus (remember the size of those double seats - yeah, maybe when you were nine years old) with 40 strangers (whinny children and old men passing gas - yup right in front of us) for 9 hours (there may be a shorter version); the animals are way WAY too far away and if you pick your port excursions properly you'll see plenty of bear, eagles and other wildlife. The bus driver has to manuver a very tight road, sometime passing another bus on cliff like dirt road (no barriers).

I agree Alaska is a must do and one to buck up and spend the $$ on the excursions. They truly make a huge difference.

I did enjoy Denali though. We were fortunate and had an empty "bus" for the entire trip. When I say "empty", I mean just the 2 of us and the driver. We took a later trip and booked directly through the park service vs. through the cruise tour. We saw many animals on the road itself or right next to it. I guess each experience is probably different. Too bad yours was not the same!

I don't have specific dates but I'd like to:

* do southern caribbean again

* try out a carnival ship (breeze maybe?)

* sail on oasis and allure

* do a shortie cruise with friends (4nights)

* do a back to back (first one w/ the kids, then second week just me and DH)

* do a Mediterranean cruise

* do an alaska cruise

* surprise DH with a quickie cruise to nowhere one weekend

* do a galapagos cruise

2014 - TA

After that not entirely sure of the years, but would like to do a Caribbean B2B, a Mediterranean cruise out of Venice, a Hawaii cruise and a Panama Canal cruise.

In 2020 I would like to do a 400th anniversary cruise of the Mayflower since I'm descended from 7 Mayflower passengers.

Past 2020 I would love to do an Antarctica cruise, European river cruises, a Yangtze river cruise and an around the world cruise.

We only have one on the bucket list right now. We're moving to Washington State, so we want to do Alaska in 2015 - residency rates, close to the port, and just waiting for our second son to turn three for the kids club.

There's plenty more we'd like to do someday, but that's the only one on the list for the near future.

So much to do, so little time :D

Alaskan cruise has been on my list for a few years now. Almost did it this summer but we are doing Oasis instead.

Summer 2014 or 2015 will definitely be Alaska.

Others vacations on the list:

Southern Caribbean Cruise

Mediterrean (or Italy land vacation)

Hawaii land trip

Eastern med (Greece/Turkey)

Scotland/Ireland/England

Archived