Run my Life, which would you pick?

Cruise Junky

We're torn for 2014...I'd really like to see Spain especially Seville.. would you pick the Spain intense Royal Caribbean Trip, or the Princess Transatlantic with approx. 4 days in Seville beforehand? Transatlantic would run about 1/2 price of the RCL Cruise.

Princess

London (Southampton), England

Paris (Le Havre), France

At Sea

Vigo, Spain

Lisbon, Portugal

At Sea

Ponta Delgada, Portugal

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

Royal Naval Dockyard, Bermuda

At Sea

At Sea

Fort Lauderdale, FL

Royal Caribbean

At Sea

At Sea

Vigo, Spain

Lisbon, Portugal

At Sea

Valencia, Spain

Barcelona, Spain

Palma de Mallorca, Spain

Ibiza, Spain

At Sea

Cadiz, Spain

At Sea

At Sea

That's a tough one.

I really like Princess. Love all the sea days. I like their food. I'm comfortable there, I know what I'm getting.

I have never sailed on Royal Caribbean. If you like RC, then I would go with them. The itinerary is so much better.

I have sailed Carnival once and never will again. Just didn't like it. So if RC is like Carnival, I would pick Princess and spend the extra time in Seville. You could probably take a ferry over to Mallorca.

Please let us know what you decide!

It's probably been 12 or 13 years since I've been on RCL (should probably read my own signature to figure that out :) ) ... yeah, hard to know what to do. I'd love to see more of Spain, but I'd also love to spend a bit more time in Seville than a port stop.

We're torn for 2014...I'd really like to see Spain especially Seville.. would you pick the Spain intense Royal Caribbean Trip, or the Princess Transatlantic with approx. 4 days in Seville beforehand? Transatlantic would run about 1/2 price of the RCL Cruise.

Does the 1/2 price for the RCL cruise take into account the price of airfare, plus since it is more port intensive are you doing tours or more the Hop on and off?

Did you work in the price of travel cost,meals, tours and accommodation for Seville?

Would like to know costs of each package and what they entail?

The Princess cruise is bland with Le Harve, Vigo and Ponta Delgada not interesting ports.

Done these a few times. I view most Trans - Atlantic's as cheap transport or a work detox due to all the sea days not really travel. They cost more then plane fare but usually not by much more with free accommodation and meals for 14+ days.

About to do a 15 T-A on RCL out of NOLA to Rome , will spend 7 days in apartment in Rome then home. Don't really care about the ports as I have done most of them.

Is this a fall cruise if so check a RCL return TA cruise from Barcelona, it hits a few Spanish ports and a quick train ride from Seville. Does a Princess TA come back from Spain in 2014

not available on Princess site.

I would choose the Princess cruise though and spend the money and time on shore before the cruise. 3 Days in a city like Seville is hard to beat.

There will be other cruises and ports to visit.

I transferred through Barcelona on and off cruises 3 times without ever seeing the city. Last year I took a T/A that did a lot of Spain and got off in Barcelona and stayed in an apartment in the old town for a week. I want to go back again.

Does the 1/2 price for the RCL cruise take into account the price of airfare, plus since it is more port intensive are you doing tours or more the Hop on and off?

Did you work in the price of travel cost,meals, tours and accommodation for Seville?

Would like to know costs of each package and what they entail?

The Princess cruise is bland with Le Harve, Vigo and Ponta Delgada not interesting ports.

Done these a few times. I view most Trans - Atlantic's as cheap transport or a work detox due to all the sea days not really travel. They cost more then plane fare but usually not by much more with free accommodation and meals for 14+ days.

About to do a 15 T-A on RCL out of NOLA to Rome , will spend 7 days in apartment in Rome then home. Don't really care about the ports as I have done most of them.

Is this a fall cruise if so check a RCL return TA cruise from Barcelona, it hits a few Spanish ports and a quick train ride from Seville. Does a Princess TA come back from Spain in 2014

not available on Princess site.

I would choose the Princess cruise though and spend the money and time on shore before the cruise. 3 Days in a city like Seville is hard to beat.

There will be other cruises and ports to visit.

I transferred through Barcelona on and off cruises 3 times without ever seeing the city. Last year I took a T/A that did a lot of Spain and got off in Barcelona and stayed in an apartment in the old town for a week. I want to go back again.

Right now, it's only comparing Cruise Costs so the extra savings on Princess would be put towards Seville and I'm sure they would end up being very similar. I am waiting to see Celebrity's Fall TA's as they have a great one for 2013 with lots of Spanish Ports, that might be a great alternative if they repeat it. Should have that one in a week or so.

I'd prefer pre-cruise time in Spain & the Princess cruise.

Princess continues to provide us the best cruise experience within our budget. We recently sailed on RCI for a family cruise and it didn't provide us with a better experience. It had been five years since our last RCI cruise but don't foresee any in the near future. Nearly everything was good however food choices and how it tasted were not as good as we've experienced on Princess. Food is subjective however no one in our group enjoyed the food and the more limited choices than on Princess.

I'd prefer pre-cruise time in Spain & the Princess cruise.

Princess continues to provide us the best cruise experience within our budget. We recently sailed on RCI for a family cruise and it didn't provide us with a better experience. It had been five years since our last RCI cruise but don't foresee any in the near future. Nearly everything was good however food choices and how it tasted were not as good as we've experienced on Princess. Food is subjective however no one in our group enjoyed the food and the more limited choices than on Princess.

Do the TA...best value for your money then add the extra days where you want them. We added extra days at end of our Med cruise last year and it was the best thing we did.

Another one that we considered is Oceania Riviera for 7 days ending in Barcelona and then fly to Seville. But it's only 7 days and cost wise 7 days in an inside on Oceania is the same as 14 days in a balcony on the Princess TA.

Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy Florence / Pisa (Livorno), Italy Portofino, Italy Monte Carlo, Monaco St. Tropez, France Marseille, France Palma de Mallorca, Spain Barcelona, Spain

Do the TA...best value for your money then add the extra days where you want them. We added extra days at end of our Med cruise last year and it was the best thing we did.

We did enjoy pre-cruise time in Rome for a TA at the end of last year and we're staying a week in Tuscany before our Royal TA in October. I agree that it's a great option particularly with expensive airfares to combine a land tour with a cruise. :)

Isn't the Princess owned by Carnival Cruise lines?

Princess is owned by Carnival Corp, not Carnival Cruise Lines. Carnival cruise lines is a subsidiary of the Carnival Corp as well as Princess, HAL, Seabourn, Cunard, Costa and more.

Princess is owned by Carnival Corporation which owns several cruise lines including Princess, Carnival, Seabourn, Holland America, P&O

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-index

Carnival Corporation & plc is a global cruise company and one of the largest vacation companies in the world. Our portfolio of leading cruise brands includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises and Seabourn in North America; P&O Cruises (UK), and Cunard in the United Kingdom; AIDA Cruises in Germany; Costa Cruises in Southern Europe; Iberocruceros in Spain; and P&O Cruises (Australia) in Australia.

These brands, which comprise the most recognized cruise brands in North America, the United Kingdom, Germany and Italy, offer a wide range of holiday and vacation products to a customer base that is broadly varied in terms of cultures, languages and leisure-time preferences. We also own a tour company that complements our cruise operations: Holland America Princess Alaska Tours in Alaska and the Canadian Yukon. Combined, our vacation companies attract 10 million guests annually.

I'm all about the itinerary, so TAs don't really interest me. I'd go with the Spain-intensive cruise on Royal Caribbean. If you're interested in Spain and can swing it, perhaps you could consider leaving the ship at Cadiz (close to Seville) and spending a few more days in Spain, flying home from there.

I'm all about the itinerary, so TAs don't really interest me. I'd go with the Spain-intensive cruise on Royal Caribbean. If you're interested in Spain and can swing it, perhaps you could consider leaving the ship at Cadiz (close to Seville) and spending a few more days in Spain, flying home from there.

That is a brilliant idea. I'd posted the 2013 itinerary but just checked the 2014 and Cadiz is the last stop again.

Thankyou

Another one that we considered is Oceania Riviera for 7 days ending in Barcelona and then fly to Seville. But it's only 7 days and cost wise 7 days in an inside on Oceania is the same as 14 days in a balcony on the Princess TA.

I have done Med on Oceania & Azumara.

We did a 14 day 12 port on Azumara lots of exotic ports in Turkey & Greece. Overnight in Istanbul, tendered into Sorrento, hit 2 Greek ports that never had a cruise ship visit before, Crete....

If you sail those lines you want to hit the exotic / small ports not the main stream ports the big ships do or they are not worth the high price.

The inside would not matter as you are off the ship early and back in time to sail away, hit the spa, eat dinner and go to sleep, then repeat for 12 days. No need to go to the shows unless they bring on local performers like whirling dervishes or belly dancers and such.

I was waiting for the X 2014 fall T/A release as well, we are planning on flying to EU, do 2 weeks in Paris and return by ship.

Cruise Junky is this your 1st Med?

If you dock in Barcelona you can grab a train and easily get to Seville likely faster and cheaper then flying. You would get some sight seeing on the way.

Princess

Paris (Le Havre), France

At Sea

Vigo, Spain

Lisbon, Portugal

At Sea

Ponta Delgada, Portugal

At Sea

etc.

We've visited Vigo on a Princess cruise which docked ARRIVE 8:00AM DEPART 4:00PM.

It is a nice little town, the westernmost point of Spain. I doubt you would have time to visit Seville or any of the other parts of Spain you are interested in. If you want to see Spain, then pay the extra.

No, we've done Celebrity Millennium Barcelona to Venice, Grand Princess Greek Islands, Ruby Princess Grand Med and numerous land trips.

Well traveled so I see how looking for options / new destinations is a challenge.

I like the idea of hopping the ship early, never done that but if time is an issue and money is not I would do it but wife would howl.

How did you get the 2014 transatlantic schedule for 2014? It's not on their website! did your travel agent have this information?

Your decision all depends if you want to do a transatlantic and what time of the year, probably late fall, hurricane season in the atlantic.

How did you get the 2014 transatlantic schedule for 2014? It's not on their website! did your travel agent have this information?

Your decision all depends if you want to do a transatlantic and what time of the year, probably late fall, hurricane season in the atlantic.

Yes, a couple of TAs have sent them out. The Transatlantic is October 25th.

I would choose fewer days in Seville, if it were me. I have fond memories of it being quite the crime-ridden city, unfortunately. :(

The cigarettes were reasonably priced, however! Many muggings of those in our tour group. Pretty architecture and all, but exponential amount of crime I would be disinclined to ever go again.

Archived