Unlimited Photo Package

I bought the unlimited package and am planning to take lots of photos. We have 8 (2 kids and 6 adults) people in our group which consist of grandparents, cousin and aunt and uncle. I have 3 people in my cabin (me, DH and DS) so as long as one of us is in the photo, it is part of our package. And we are planning to take photos in all sorts of combination and lots of it (hopefully every night)

2 kids, family group photo, grandparents and kid, DH and DS, DS and I, DH and I, my parents and I, and a whole lot of other combinations. You get the idea :)

My question is will the other passengers who want their photo taken as well get annoyed having to wait while we are hogging the photographer and wanting all these different combination of photos? Will the photographer say 'sorry, you can't take so many photos because there's a queue and other people need their photos taken as well'?

Haha! Don't worry about the other passengers, worry about who in your group feels the same way you do. Trust me, it gets old. Fast. I found the candid pictures I took myself (or had someone stop and take) were the best from our cruise. Although two or three of the hundred (plus) pictures did turn out great, they mostly all look contrived and unnatural. IMO

I bought the unlimited package and am planning to take lots of photos. We have 8 (2 kids and 6 adults) people in our group which consist of grandparents, cousin and aunt and uncle. I have 3 people in my cabin (me, DH and DS) so as long as one of us is in the photo, it is part of our package. And we are planning to take photos in all sorts of combination and lots of it (hopefully every night)

2 kids, family group photo, grandparents and kid, DH and DS, DS and I, DH and I, my parents and I, and a whole lot of other combinations. You get the idea :)

My question is will the other passengers who want their photo taken as well get annoyed having to wait while we are hogging the photographer and wanting all these different combination of photos? Will the photographer say 'sorry, you can't take so many photos because there's a queue and other people need their photos taken as well'?

The photographers are very polite . Their are so many photo stations, when a large group gets in front, most guests go to the next photo background line. Not any different if 12 couples are in line ahead of you.

While the posed pictures might seem unnatural, you can be creative and do your own poses.

Edited by Cruise a holic

• 1 month later...

My family and I will be going on the Freedom of the Seas this month (January 2014) and are deciding on whether or not to pre-purchase the unlimited photo package. How much is the unlimited photo package (just cd) onboard the Freedom of the Seas? I've heard they sometimes discount it towards the end of the cruise.

Also, what times are the casual/formal backdrop photo areas available on the Freedom of the Seas? We have early dining and would like to take some photos before dinner. The last cruise line we went on did not open up these areas until 6 or 6:30 (while we were at dinner) and our little one was asleep so we couldn't take pictures afterwards.

Thanks for your help!

-GoG8rs!

I'm getting ready to go on Oasis in a week. The prepay price is $409.95 for disc and prints. Does this price increase onboard or is it the same? Should I prepay if I plan on getting this package?

That's not bad. For our cruise, I pre purchased the digital plan. On board, they were not offering the digital plan at all. They said there was some issue with their computer, but they said they would honor those that pre purchased. The price of the Prints only package did increase on board than the pre purchase price. If the price happens to be lower on board, they will refund you the difference if you show them your payment print out

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Forums mobile app

My family and I will be going on the Freedom of the Seas this month (January 2014) and are deciding on whether or not to pre-purchase the unlimited photo package. How much is the unlimited photo package (just cd) onboard the Freedom of the Seas? I've heard they sometimes discount it towards the end of the cruise.

Also, what times are the casual/formal backdrop photo areas available on the Freedom of the Seas? We have early dining and would like to take some photos before dinner. The last cruise line we went on did not open up these areas until 6 or 6:30 (while we were at dinner) and our little one was asleep so we couldn't take pictures afterwards.

Thanks for your help!

-GoG8rs!

Hi There!

We were just on Freedom last month. For the most part, they open up the backdrops at 5:00. There were many options - one with a moon in the background, one looking like you are on the bow of a ship, one artsy black, Titanic (which I missed), etc. They also have a red couch on the 3rd floor they pose you on, and a pure white backdrop where you can get excellent shots. He guy will pose you in all kinds on fun ways, or you can give your own suggestions. There is also a station on the bridge in the Royal Promenade, a couple by the stairs, and one by an interesting sculpture on the 4th floor by the champagne bar which was rarely crowded (esp early). They have the photographers set up in all the ports, and those pix are included too. On the first night and both formal nights they come around and take pix in the dining room - individual and family. Those pictures have a frame showing the dining room, and those are also included. What's fun with a little one are the shots you can get with the Dreamworks characters. They announce the times and characters in the compass, but sometimes it is later on (8:00 pm). Some were earlier though.

Don't worry if the price drops onboard, they will refund you the difference. Just be sure to bring your confirmation with you. As I mentioned above, we couldn't even buy the digital package onboard as it was not offered. VERY happy I bought it beforehand. We got over 200 shots (not all useable), and I think we really could have gotten more :eek:

From reading this thread, I gather that photos taken in the "Picture This!" private photo studio are not included in the package. But what about the Smile novelty studio on Oasis and Allure? Does anyone know if pictures taken there are included or not?

The price is based on the boat you are on. Some are just more expensive than others. Allure and Oasis will cost you 299 for all digital photos.

Order on line. We are on the Allure and cheaper from mycruisephotos.com this is the company that celebrity and RC use. We must have already taken about 200 pics and get all on disk. Only bargain on the cruise.

• 4 weeks later...
I am on FOS leaving next week for 7 nights. I purchased online a few weeks ago for $279. I believe it is $299 on board.

I've been looking at it for a bit, so I can tell you it varies per sailing. For my sailing on the Freedom it's $224.95 for just digital and $100 more to include prints.

I noticed the sailings over the holidays were MUCH more.

Does anyone know if the Dreamworks characters have photographers with them?

It seems everything is a bit more expensive on the Oasis. All digital prints are $309.95 and a hundred dollars extra for prints. I LOVE pictures and take so, so many myself. I'm very torn whether to buy this package or not. I love using Shutterfly to make photo books after my vacations so for that reason it would be great to have all of our photos. I'm still a little confused about something though. My mom and I will be in one cabin and my two cousins who we are traveling with have their own cabin. The website says: The following is not included with your photo package (digital or print):

· Photos of others in your party not staying in your stateroom.

· Group photos, weddings, Quinces and other special occasion photography services.

· Generic stock photos of the ship, characters, ports of call, etc.

· Any special printing or retouching requests.

So, if we do group photos of all four of us...are those included in my package. Surely they are, right? They must mean pictures of just them aren't included in my package. I certainly will want pictures of all of us so I wanted to be sure I understand that correctly. Does anyone know?

It seems everything is a bit more expensive on the Oasis. All digital prints are $309.95 and a hundred dollars extra for prints. I LOVE pictures and take so, so many myself. I'm very torn whether to buy this package or not. I love using Shutterfly to make photo books after my vacations so for that reason it would be great to have all of our photos. I'm still a little confused about something though. My mom and I will be in one cabin and my two cousins who we are traveling with have their own cabin. The website says: The following is not included with your photo package (digital or print):

· Group photos, weddings, Quinces and other special occasion photography services.

So, if we do group photos of all four of us...are those included in my package. Surely they are, right? They must mean pictures of just them aren't included in my package. I certainly will want pictures of all of us so I wanted to be sure I understand that correctly. Does anyone know?

I believe any photo that includes people in your cabin are included. For example a ship photographer took a picture of my DD and another little girl in the pool and we got it. If your embarkation photo is all 4 of you, you should get it.

You do have to keep an eye at the pictures and make sure they end up on your disc, also if you purchase prints you can go to the photo kiosk and review your pics and "order" prints. Once I decided to upgrade to the prints I made sure I got everyone!

Laura

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oops! I seem to have submitted this again! Can't figure out how to delete it!!

I believe any photo that includes people in your cabin are included. For example a ship photographer took a picture of my DD and another little girl in the pool and we got it. If your embarkation photo is all 4 of you, you should get it.

You do have to keep an eye at the pictures and make sure they end up on your disc, also if you purchase prints you can go to the photo kiosk and review your pics and "order" prints. Once I decided to upgrade to the prints I made sure I got everyone!

Laura

Great! Thanks so much Laura.

We'll be traveling in two cabins. Me, DH & DD in one cabin. And my two DS's in the other. My oldest DS is 27, and the younger is 18. Will they be included in my package, since at least one of my children in the other linked cabin is under 21?

We'll be traveling in two cabins. Me, DH & DD in one cabin. And my two DS's in the other. My oldest DS is 27, and the younger is 18. Will they be included in my package, since at least one of my children in the other linked cabin is under 21?

According to their FAQs, I think your 18 year old will be included in the package, but not your oldest. It also says the way to get around that is to always have another member of your family in every picture the 27 year old is in. So your DS18 can have pictures by herself but not your DS27.

I think if your DS27 is booked in your cabin, he'd be included in your package. That assumes your DD is under 21 and is booked in the other cabin.

Edited by D4

According to their FAQs, I think your 18 year old will be included in the package, but not your oldest. It also says the way to get around that is to always have another member of your family in every picture the 27 year old is in. So your DS18 can have pictures by herself but not your DS27.

I think if your DS27 is booked in your cabin, he'd be included in your package. That assumes your DD is under 21 and is booked in the other cabin.

What they did on the Allure for us a couple of years ago was just to link the two cabins to the package. I had purchased it under the cabin with DH and me and they linked it to the cabin with our GD and DIL so we got all our pictures. I don't know if that as changed. I just purchased a package for the Navigator on 3/9 under the cabin booked with me, DIL and GD. GS and DH are in another cabin. We'll see how it works but I know at least the pictures of GS will be included since he is only 13.

Thinking of getting the package, can someone explain the process? I get that we prepay, etc. So, when we board, and photos are snapped all over the place, do we have to show them our room card, or is the face recognition pretty flawless, and then the photos just show up in our cabin, or we need to go get them from walls?

Sailing on the Liberty in 3 weeks, if that matters.

Sometimes you show your sea pass sometimes you don't. The face recognition was really good. There was only one picture, taken at dinner, that didn't sure up anywhere not sure if it was really bad or photographer didn't actually take one. I will note there were just 3 of us and we had a lot of pics taken.

Laura

Sometimes you show your sea pass sometimes you don't. The face recognition was really good. There was only one picture, taken at dinner, that didn't sure up anywhere not sure if it was really bad or photographer didn't actually take one. I will note there were just 3 of us and we had a lot of pics taken.

Laura

:):)

Just for the record, we have done the picture package twice now. The first time was on Freedom, and we got the 10 picture package. We chose a few backdrops for each of the formal nights, so we had a tough time choosing pictures.

On Majesty this past fall, they only had one package for all pictures, because is was just a 3 day cruise. We have TONS of pictures. I love to dress up, and he guy from the photo area always found me and reminded me where the photo ops were. It was an incredible deal for the price. This particular package was all your photos, but no disc. However, if you want to scan them and make reprints, all you have to do is download the reprint rights.

I don't need any souvenirs from our trip other than memories and pictures, so this is perfect for me.

We are debating what to do on our next trip, which is Freedom again. This time though, our two young adult daughters will be with us, some they will be in some pictures with us, not all. I don't think I want all pictures from both rooms. Well, I do, but I don't want to buy two packages, lol.

We are traveling with a group of 15 across 6 cabins celebrating my niece's 16th birthday. The way I read it, we would need to get a different package for each family (4). Is this correct? If not, it would be an awesome deal. But, otherwise it would be approx $800 for all of us....not a good deal to me....someone please advise if I don't understand this correctly!