"LIVE" from Explorer of the Seas -April 7, 2013- Bermuda

:rolleyes:Ok, Ok. . .Lets go Explorer of the Seas. . .You need to get into port quickly ! There are 2900 passengers waiting to board this afternoon.

The pilot should be boarding by 6AM. . .Time for more coffee

Radio

;);)

Returning to port at 4AM

MAP2.jpg

Hey Radio - Where can I find this ship tracking site?

:rolleyes:Ok, Ok. . .Lets go Explorer of the Seas. . .You need to get into port quickly ! There are 2900 passengers waiting to board this afternoon.

The pilot should be boarding by 6AM. . .Time for more coffee

Radio

;);)

Returning to port at 4AM

MAP2.jpg

Radio: Love sharing your cruises with you. You make us feel we are "sailing". We will be on the EX on Oct. 6, also to Bermuda:)

Stay safe, enjoy and we'll stay tuned....

Thanks for all your hard work while cruising.

"A Fan":)

Hmmm....looks like my countdown clock sails SAILED....

guess that means that I will be aboard the beautiful Explorer of the Seas VERY soon.....

Haven't sailed on my favorite ship in over a year, so I am looking forward to a nice relaxing week sailing the seas!!

Can't wait to see everyone on the ship....

Wow Radio, over 3000 views before you BOARD?? CCers love their "LIVE. . ." reports.....glad that I can relive this cruise when I return!!

:D:D

Have a great cruise, Meg, Sheila, and Radio. I will be enjoying your live thread, Radio.

Sandy

I was so excited this morning when I went online and saw a "live" post from radio! Wahoo, something to look forward to.

I was on EOS back in 2010 also, but October.

Hoping to take another cruise this October, but that depends on the economy..jobs etc...

I am also thinking, rather than heading south to Florida, might take the family back to Bermuda instead, since my trip in October was a solo one.

I saw on your posts/signature you post where your upcoming cruises are going to be, do you post that on your website as well? I often look at your website, and was looking to see when your next cruise was going to be.

Sitting back, coffee in hand and ready to read along the fun journey ahead.....

Have a great cruise!

Hello everyone. . . I'm still at the Hotel, but I think I maybe leaving in about an hour.

I hope that all passengers will be off of Explorer soon. . .I need some Bermuda !

Radio

;);)

She is tied up, and waiting for me to board !

A4.jpg

There is still a lot of confusion about when Explorer will be going in for their dry dock and revitalization.

Can one of you check that out for us? I know you will have better things to do than worry about this but would really like to know if anything is definitive. I believe it will be tied in to the Quantum.

There is still a lot of confusion about when Explorer will be going in for their dry dock and revitalization.

Can one of you check that out for us? I know you will have better things to do than worry about this but would really like to know if anything is definitive. I believe it will be tied in to the Quantum.

According to the RCCL site it's listed as 2014-2015. Nothing specific as to month. I remember hearing late fall or December back in August when I was on. If they worked out the agreement with Cape Liberty to build a new terminal and place Quantum in New Jersey, then that would line up correctly time frame wise. My guess I'd we'll know more next Tuesday when details about Quantum are revealed, hopefully that includes home port and itineraries.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSitelet.do?pagename=revitalizations

Hi, may I be one of "Radios' Helpers" and answer this question for him.

I would, and have, visited the Memorial before you check in and park. As you go down the road past the dry dock company you will be directed to make a left for the ship. Instead, make a right to go to the Memorial and visit BEFORE you park and check in.

Enjoy your cruise.

Now back to your regularly scheduled "Radio Live" thread.........

Thanks SO much for your help!!! Can't wait!

Hello everyone. . .I made it onboard. I had a few connection problems, but all seems well now. I will try to get several pics before the muster drill at 3:15. . .If not they will be soon thereafter.

Whew. . .I made it. . . Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone. . .I made it onboard. I had a few connection problems, but all seems well now. I will try to get several pics before the muster drill at 3:15. . .If not they will be soon thereafter.

Whew. . .I made it. . . Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

;);)

Glad you made it! Curious as to what means of transportation you used to get to the port?

Hello everyone. . . I left the hotel a little later than I thought. I overheard one of the Marriott employees discussing some traffic trouble getting from the hotel to Bayonne. I asked for details and she suggested that I use a different way to get there. I went 2 miles south on the NJTP to Exit 13 (Goethals Bridge) and took that to Staten Island before getting over the Bayonne Bridge to Bayonne. It was very quick and very easy. . .The time was only 15min from the Marriott to Cape Liberty. . .

I stopped at the 911 Memorial and took a few photos before I parked my car at the Terminal. The cost is only $19 per day, and it is a bargain compared to the Cruise Terminal in Manhattan.(The Cruise Parking right at the Piers there is $35 per day)

As I was walking from my car to the Terminal, I could see that the shuttles were already taking passengers on board. I walked over to the Diamond Plus check in area, and there were only a few passengers in line. I was was very shocked when I approaceh the counter and found out I was upgraded. “What the ? Who in the ? I have never been offered a free upgrade (even after over 60 cruises). . .Calm down. . .relax. . .Wait a moment for your Sea Pass card. I was floored, excited, and shocked (oh yeah…also very happy) when I found out I has an upgrade to an Owners Suite.

I’m sailing solo and there is a lot of room in this suite. There would be a lot of room if I was sailing with 3 others. I don’t know why or how. . .I just know that I am very happy to be upgraded in such a way.

The muster drill is scheduled for 3:15PM, while Sailaway is scheduled for 4PM. The sun is out, but it is still al little cool (54°). I am sure there will be a lot of passengers up on the deck for Sailaway, but the Royale Promenade will host a party with lots of music and drinks.

Here are a few pics of my arrival. . .More pics later after Sailaway.

Thanks for all of the very nice comments, and thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Ok, just a few more minutes until I arrive.

A7.JPG

My first view of Explorer of the Seas

A8.JPG

I love taking photos of Explorer of the Seas from the 911 Memorial

A9.JPG

The parking lot is very close to the passenger terminal

A11.JPG

The security line went very quick.

A14.JPG

I finally made it !

A17.JPG

Here are a few more. . .More pics tonight.

Radio

The water is a little too cold for swimming today. . .

A24.JPG

The Ship seems empty. . .Ahhh. . .everyone must be up in the Windjammer

A23.JPG

My favorite boarding day lunch. . .Honey Stung Chicken !

A21.JPG

I still cant believe I have this

A18.JPG

There is a lot of room. . .for everything

A19.JPGJPG [/img]

I may spend a lot of time “watching the news” here. . .

A20.JPGJPG[/img]

Archived