Carnival Liberty - Harlem Shake

cruiseguy83

That's great, but I can't help feeling bad for the little girl that the mom had to pull out of the pool in the middle of the video. What was mom thinking letting her be there in the first place?

We were on this sailing and I had no idea this went on! We must have been inside for the master mixology class at this time. I am not surprised though because the Liberty was so much fun! This ship had more entertainment options than any other ship we have been on so far. So much that I think we will will book the same itenerary again so we can take this ship.

Vicki

That's great, but I can't help feeling bad for the little girl that the mom had to pull out of the pool in the middle of the video. What was mom thinking letting her be there in the first place?

If you look at the video again the little girl is already in the pool when it begins. She and the other two kids were getting in and out of the pool. She wasn't knocked in there! She probably needed help getting out because she was tired from all that shaking and dancing around. LOL

I think it's great...I just wish they hadn't gotten it wrong...the video should have featured "speedo guy" dancing solo for the first 10-15 seconds, AND THEN the entire crowd should have magically appeared...having the entire crowd in the whole video ruins the effect.

Have you actually seen Harlem Shake videos? They generally center on one person dancing while everyone around them is oblivious to it. Then it cuts and the crowd is also dancing wildly, often with costume changes. The only difference here is that the crowd is so large.

Wow. That is a LOT of people.

There is a reason I spend my time playing trivia. I've never felt overcrowded on a cruise, but if I had experienced that, I don't think I could ever cruise again. Crowded places freak me out.

But I have fun inside, they have fun on the pool deck- everyone has fun!

Have you actually seen Harlem Shake videos? They generally center on one person dancing while everyone around them is oblivious to it. Then it cuts and the crowd is also dancing wildly, often with costume changes. The only difference here is that the crowd is so large.

Yep, I've seen many. Here's an example of one that references what I'm discussing.

I had posted this one from the same cruise...DS was on it not I:mad:

This was there last sea day and only day of real sun so they were on Lido in full force..............I would have scarficed a whole cruise of sun to be there for the that shake party......

We were on the Liberty March 30th (my 16 year old granddaughter and I almost 65) and I danced right in with the groups and had the best time of my life. And the teens were so respectful and thought it was awesome for a granny to be dancing with them. Had a lot of high 5's from them and a lot of wonderful memories. I think I danced more than my granddaughter. Once she posts the video of me dancing I will post it.

I will do it all over again. Like my granddaughter says -- YOLO (you only live once). I am a 2 time cancer survivor and I live my life to the fullest!

Happy traveling everyone.

Archived