MORE things Splendor ... NY style!

Cyber Kat

A few things from day one.

Didn't see chicken tenders at the grill.

Cheers program does NOT cover HMC.

I talked with the bartender at the Mojitos bar. It is I. Her opinion primarily a Martini bar though wine is available.

If anyone needs something found out, I'll do the best I can Vacation permitting. Internet is really slow, don't count on a lot of pics tillI get back.

Edited by big_duck

A few things from day one.

Didn't see chicken tenders at the grill.

Cheers program does NOT cover HMC.

I talked with the bartender at the Mojitos bar. It is I. Her opinion primarily a Martini bar though wine is available.

If anyone needs something found out, I'll do the best I can Vacation permitting. Internet is really slow, don't count on a lot of pics tillI get back.

Thanks! Guess Martini's are more popular than wine these days, but if they will make an extra dry Bombay Sapphire straight up with extra olives - that works!

Guess DH is going to have to do without a chicken finger fix :rolleyes:

I'm back. :(:(:( Made mental notes for you all week, Kat! :p Splendor will NOT disappoint you! Will post my thoughts in a day or two. Not to a review...no chix tenders at the grill, El Mojito always had a lot of people for martinins and every kind of drink ( I looked specially for you, Kat!) but this cruise was one of the most active ones I have ever been on, so who knows what the next one is going to be like. Crew was one of the best I have ever encounterd on any of our cruises. We had ONE PROBLEM with a bartender at the past guest party who we saw for the lst and last time there. We each had a rum punch 1/2 drunk/drank and asked him for 2 wiskey sours and he frowned and said he gave us

" enough" and would only give us ONE. Honestly, we were on our lst CCL cruise when this bartender was in diapers....had a few issues with our steward (which we have never had before and was so darn silly) but it was a wonderful trip. Gorgeous weather, great ship, good food...wish I was still there....:rolleyes:

Thanks - actually I was hoping for cellophane noodles - but rice noodles are good, too! They had these awesome cellophane noodles and spring rolls on the Legend & the Miracle at the Asian station. I had them every day!

I think the other noodles they had were actually the cellophane noodles. I just didn't know the name of them.

Maggie

Is Splender getting 2.0 or does it have it. If not does any one know when it might get it?

No 2.0 on the Splendor and there hasn't been any word when/if she's getting them. Actually I'm happy about this because it means she still has the Mongolian Wok and the Sushi Bar. I was hoping to try Guys Burgers and have a drink in the Red Frog Pub, though.

I'm back. :(:(:( Made mental notes for you all week, Kat! :p Splendor will NOT disappoint you! Will post my thoughts in a day or two. Not to a review...no chix tenders at the grill, El Mojito always had a lot of people for martinins and every kind of drink ( I looked specially for you, Kat!) but this cruise was one of the most active ones I have ever been on, so who knows what the next one is going to be like. Crew was one of the best I have ever encounterd on any of our cruises. We had ONE PROBLEM with a bartender at the past guest party who we saw for the lst and last time there. We each had a rum punch 1/2 drunk/drank and asked him for 2 wiskey sours and he frowned and said he gave us

" enough" and would only give us ONE. Honestly, we were on our lst CCL cruise when this bartender was in diapers....had a few issues with our steward (which we have never had before and was so darn silly) but it was a wonderful trip. Gorgeous weather, great ship, good food...wish I was still there....:rolleyes:

Thanks Karen - glad to hear you had a great cruise! Looking forward to your comments!

We had ONE PROBLEM with a bartender at the past guest party who we saw for the lst and last time there. We each had a rum punch 1/2 drunk/drank and asked him for 2 wiskey sours and he frowned and said he gave us " enough" and would only give us ONE.

Right, because people go on vacation to exercise restraint and moderation (which, for the record, you probably weren't even approaching after having finished half a drink). :D How silly, he must have been irritated about something else and took it out on you.

Right, because people go on vacation to exercise restraint and moderation (which, for the record, you probably weren't even approaching after having finished half a drink). :D How silly, he must have been irritated about something else and took it out on you.

I know, we were really amazed...never have had that happen before. He was a real nasty guy. And very young. Most of the times you will recognize waiters doing the "parties" from the Lido or various venues, but we didn't recognize him and never saw him again for the rest of the cruise. That was about the ONLY thing that I have to complain about except that I had to get off the ship on Friday! I would say that this was the nicest crew I have ever encountered on all of our cruises. :)

I know, we were really amazed...never have had that happen before. He was a real nasty guy. And very young. Most of the times you will recognize waiters doing the "parties" from the Lido or various venues, but we didn't recognize him and never saw him again for the rest of the cruise. That was about the ONLY thing that I have to complain about except that I had to get off the ship on Friday! I would say that this was the nicest crew I have ever encountered on all of our cruises. :)

I heard that they don't get paid any extra and no tips for the parties. We tipped our waiter with the first drink he brought and he kept us well-supplied for the whole time. I think he brought us practically a whole bottle of champagne. We had glasses stacked up at the end of the party. And he sent the food people our way too :D