Partial extension of 123 go promotion until 4-30-2013

kk99

Hi everyone,

Celebrity is having a partial extension of its 123 go promotion until April 30, 2013 for June -September 2013 vacations in Europe, Alaska and Bermuda. Booking between 4-16 and 4-30-2013.

Here is the flyer:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/13033253_CEL_123Go_Again_Flyer.pdf

Also, they are throwing in free parking voucher at the Cape Liberty port for Bermuda summer cruises. Here is the flyer for that.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Bermuda/Flyers/13032342_CEL_Lowrate_BER_Flyer.pdf

I hope some of our fellow cruisers can take advantage of these offers.

The 123GO promotion is a great deal for Europe. However, the cruise prices are so high that even with the perks, it is still much more than the prices for Europe last season. I guess Mr. Bayley is keeping his promise to see to it that prices increase from what they were in the past. Long term, they will look more attractive next year when they can say that their prices have not increased over their 2013 prices.

I think I'll just keep looking for some soft selling sailings, & try to grab something at the last minute, without the additional perks.

I wonder if any of the cruises that are no longer part of the 1, 2, 3 promo have had any pricing action?

Will be interesting to see what happens to the Europe cruise prices once the promo is gone. I've got my eye on a couple but even with the promo they are currently a lot more expensive than they were last year.

Glad I was able to book an Australia/New Zealand cruise for next March under the program. :D

The 123GO promotion is a great deal for Europe. However, the cruise prices are so high that even with the perks, it is still much more than the prices for Europe last season. I guess Mr. Bayley is keeping his promise to see to it that prices increase from what they were in the past. Long term, they will look more attractive next year when they can say that their prices have not increased over their 2013 prices.

I think I'll just keep looking for some soft selling sailings, & try to grab something at the last minute, without the additional perks.

Word. Was very ticked to see TA prices for next year, even without the 123. The one that we had looked at for 2013 will be 40-50% higher for the basic cruise, same cabin. We don't drink so I could give a fig about the 123 drink package for us (even if it was offered for next year.) Last year, we got a good rate in early booking (18 months out) through Captain's Club. This year for next year, nada. I agree that Mr Bayley has made it clear he thinks that Celebrity prices are too cheap. Won't book at current prices (and huge increases) for next year, plain and simple The practice puts a really bad taste in my mouth............:(

I wonder if any of the cruises that are no longer part of the 1, 2, 3 promo have had any pricing action?

Will be interesting to see what happens to the Europe cruise prices once the promo is gone. I've got my eye on a couple but even with the promo they are currently a lot more expensive than they were last year.

Glad I was able to book an Australia/New Zealand cruise for next March under the program. :D

No "action" on price decreases for our fall TA. Prices rose about $400 just before the 123 offer and Celebrity sold a large number of cabins on our TA that hadn't been selling that great. Now some categories are completely booked. Seems like lots of people booked with the increase in prices that compensated for their "free packages." Not interested in the drink packages and substantially higher pricing and maneuvering...........

Guess I'm not getting free parking.

I canceled and rebooked in January for the 123 deal.

Oy vey

Anyone know if a local hotel has sleep/ park/ cruise shuttle??

The only one I know that offers cruise shuttle is on Staten Island. I priced the Hilton Garden Inn Staten Island, which offers the sleep/park/cruise and it was $231.00 for the one night (May 18th). I might as well pay to park at the pier for only $133.00. Then I don't have to wait on a shuttle either.

There are 5 pages of specials today, an indication that the large price increases are not attracting the desired "golden nuggets".

A Bermuda cruise for May 5th is available today for $749 in CC without any free parking nor OBC. That's $500 less than the 1,2,3 price for June.

When is a special not a special...????

The price for Ecipse is 30% more than last year but now includes 1,2,3..

There are 5 pages of specials today, an indication that the large price increases are not attracting the desired "golden nuggets".

A Bermuda cruise for May 5th is available today for $749 in CC without any free parking nor OBC. That's $500 less than the 1,2,3 price for June.

When is a special not a special...????

The price for Ecipse is 30% more than last year but now includes 1,2,3..

We booked the May 19th Bermuda on April 7th as I read on FB they were having weekend sale. It was $499 for a GTY Inside. We were assigned a Cat 9. When a better location Cat 9 came up over this past weekend I changed. No need to pay higher prices for a 1,2 3, promotion. With the money we saved I can park at the pier and buy all the drinks we need. Just wondering if I will get my shareholder OBC. I have put the request in. Not sure if because the price was special if we get it.

DM4 are you looking for a better Trans atlantic rate? if ship has plenty of room they get cheaper closer to sale date. now in other economies they can get more expensive and sell out. just depends how empty the ship is.

If i were going next year or this fall i would probably roll the dice and wait and see, or play the upgrade game as prices fall. This takes time and effort and it all depends on how much time you have to get those fares.

As you know the other factor is airfare, and if you live in an area that has easy service. Then again, choice air often rocks pretty good rates.

Now i am going to read the five pages!

123 is a marketing promotion....if it works, they sell out, if not, they will drop the prices. Some like to think they are getting % off's or special deals, others add up the total cost deal or not and choose the one that works best for them.

We're currently holding..if something interesting comes along, we have some gaps where we could do a cruise....if not, we'll do land trips this year.

It's pretty much a marketing game.....and clearly, Michael Bayley can declare that he has followed through on his desire to raise ticket prices....without of course talking about the expense or lost revenue due to the 123 (and other) offers.

When you get to the top...you make sure you look good....the full truth isn't as important.

I have been told by TA that the cabin booked must be cat 8 or above not simply ocean view which adds a considerable cost to the cruise. I can't see that it says cat 8 on the flyer just ocean view. I am not an experienced Celebrity cruiser so could be very wrong but like to know as it means the difference between booking or not booking this cruise.

Thanks in advance x

I have been told by TA that the cabin booked must be cat 8 or above not simply ocean view which adds a considerable cost to the cruise. I can't see that it says cat 8 on the flyer just ocean view. I am not an experienced Celebrity cruiser so could be very wrong but like to know as it means the difference between booking or not booking this cruise.

Thanks in advance x

Category 8 is the lowest OceanView category

Stateroom category "quality" is in inverse numerical order.

However, guarantee staterooms, i.e., no category classification, may not be eligible.

Art

Also, they are throwing in free parking voucher at the Cape Liberty port for Bermuda summer cruises. Here is the flyer for that.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Bermuda/Flyers/13032342_CEL_Lowrate_BER_Flyer.pdf

My TA wasn't able to add the parking voucher to my booking because the fine print says it's for bookings after 4/16. Fair is fair. I understand.

I was however able to upgrade from 2C to C3 at no charge because of price drops while keeping my 123. :D

IMHO my sail date is very undersold in CC and AQ.When I look at availability there are 15 listed in many categories with consecutive cabin numbers. (guarantee's aside). I think Summit is facing steep competition from NCL Breakaway.

Might be worth having your TA call to check...I just got off the phone with Captain's Club and they said they'd send me the parking certificate. I booked well before the first 123 promotion, but every time that another "new bookings only" promotion has come out, Celebrity has applied it to my reservation without any problem. They've been great! :)

My TA wasn't able to add the parking voucher to my booking because the fine print says it's for bookings after 4/16. Fair is fair. I understand.

I was however able to upgrade from 2C to C3 at no charge because of price drops while keeping my 123. :D

IMHO my sail date is very undersold in CC and AQ.When I look at availability there are 15 listed in many categories with consecutive cabin numbers. (guarantee's aside). I think Summit is facing steep competition from NCL Breakaway.

Alaska bookings look very soft for May. I think the 123 promo works on the target market (i.e. those who like to pay a little more not to worry about the details once on board) but not so much at those who do the value math and focus on bottomline cost per night.

We called our TA to get the free parking deal added to our reservation. She said we would get it even if we booked before 4/16

According to her, Celebrity is giving the parking regardless of when you booked if you ask for it.

Archived