Room service breakfast?

SpeedsterX

Hi all! I looked for the answer but a search came up with nothing. I'm a fairly new cruiser and have sailed with RCI once and Carnival twice. I am thinking of booking a 10 day on the Emerald Princess next February. I was wondering what kind of breakfast is available with their room service. I love eating breakfast on the balcony. Do they serve any hot food with their breakfasts? Just scrambled eggs or is the menu open and I may be able to get something like Eggs Benedict etc..? Would anyone have a pic of their menu?

Thanks for any help!

Chuck

The only hot food on the breakfast room service menu is a McD's-type breakfast sandwich. Unlike some other cruise lines, the Princess buffet is open continuously from very early in the morning until about 11pm. It doesn't close during that time. It's a different way of offering food choices.

Here's a copy of the breakfast room service order tag that you leave outside on your cabin door overnight: (You can write in what you want but you may or may not get it.)

Pam answered it all complete with a pic. Only one thing to add: Be sure to think of everything you will need and order it, like cream and sugar for your coffee, milk for cereal, butter for bread, etc. Usually if it's not on the order card, it won't be on the tray.

Just one other addition - just in case. If you book a full suite (not a mini) you can order off the regular breakfast menu from the restaurant (it will be on an expanded door card in your room).

Pam answered it all complete with a pic. Only one thing to add: Be sure to think of everything you will need and order it, like cream and sugar for your coffee, milk for cereal, butter for bread, etc. Usually if it's not on the order card, it won't be on the tray.

Also order enough for each person ex 2 milk if each person eats cereal.

One reason we try to book a Caribe deck cabin aft of the aft elevators is the ease of getting to Horizon Court. We'll order hot coffee, juice, fruit, etc. from room service and then I'll head up to HC for freshly made eggs and other hot and cold breakfast items that we enjoy on our balcony.

Lew

Here comes the spoiler. For those who are not aware, you can write in requests and they will honor them. Don't know about everything, but last cruise we ordered omelets and they were delivered every time.

Now you've done it... :rolleyes:

Lew

I've never tried to write in hot food, but I've been successful in getting smoked salmon for breakfast. I figure they already have the plates made up in advance. I've also ordered and received bran muffins.

We don't fill out the card only because never sure what time we'll be up or what we'll want. In the morning we just call room service and place our order. Have ordered many things not on the menu and have always gotten them. Princess has always been very accommodating:).

We usually order coffee and juice only and consider the waiter's knock as our wake-up call. After morning ablutions, we go to the MDR for a served breakfast.

This is a great way to start the day, we believe.

YMMV

am a newbie and wanted mini suite(or above) and seems I have option of writing breakfast food in(and HOPING it comes) or calling in AM and ordering full breakfast?How long would that take?

This is really important,we BOTH hate to dress for breakfast and DH LOVES his full breakfast.SO,seems confusing,sorry.:confused:

am a newbie and wanted mini suite(or above) and seems I have option of writing breakfast food in(and HOPING it comes) or calling in AM and ordering full breakfast?How long would that take?

This is really important,we BOTH hate to dress for breakfast and DH LOVES his full breakfast.SO,seems confusing,sorry.:confused:

After 9 cruises with Princess, we have found the breakfasts to be VERY boring. It's a shame, because we love waking up slowly on our balcony (something we do in our sunroom back home)! The "ultimate breakfast" is awesome - we ate 3 days on it!!, but haven't done it since our first Alaska cruise. Not something you would do more than once a cruise (if then).

As you can see above, the usual choices are quite limited. That is one area where Celebrity has Princess really beat - their breakfast menu includes hot items, and far more variety.

Generally it takes 20-30 minutes when calling room service. If you have a lot of special requests, it could take longer.

Not everything is going to be available. As I mentioned above, a quick trip to HC works well for us...and you don't need to dress up because this is something husbands do... :rolleyes:

No need to thank me, husbands. :D

Lew

Generally it takes 20-30 minutes when calling room service. If you have a lot of special requests, it could take longer.

Not everything is going to be available. As I mentioned above, a quick trip to HC works well for us...and you don't need to dress up because this is something husbands do... :rolleyes:

No need to thank me, husbands. :D

Lew

Is that a fact? Shoot........... I would starve under those circumstances. :rolleyes:

Mini-suites do not have any special room service breakfast privileges (like a hot full breakfast) --need a full suite for that. DH enjoyed the hot breakfast sandwich :)

Mini-suites do not have any special room service breakfast privileges (like a hot full breakfast) --need a full suite for that. DH enjoyed the hot breakfast sandwich :)

Incorrect. Just ask room service for what you want; not only the egg mcmuffin.

As I mentioned above, a quick trip to HC works well for us...and you don't need to dress up because this is something husbands do... :rolleyes:

I get lots of looks from wives on the elevator who see me bringing breakfast for my DW from the Horizon Court to the cabin. They tell me how lucky my DW is.

Archived