Losing Sign & Sail Card

monkida

yes, just go and get it at the pursers desk. only the last 3 digits of your cabin # are on it for your protection.

I always go and set up a password at a kiosk right away .. so someone not knowing the answer to my question and password cant get into it to look.

If they didnt know your birthday they couldnt get into the card at the kiosk.. so dont worry. they cant take money out of the account or anything without knowing you.

I once lost my s&s card while in the Bahamas. That was an awful feeling! But luckily, that is why they take your picture when they give you your card. They pull you up and verify your identity, and let you on the ship. The Pursers desk will then reissue a new card.

I once lost my S & S card just after getting on the ship. I just went to Guest Services and reported it and within a few hours they had one printed up for me. Setting up a password at the self serve kiosk is a great idea too. You should always check your card frequently to avoid problems. Some ships have this feature on the TV but the others have the kiosks.

I was standing on windy Funnel Deck one night, during sailaway out of San Juan PR

when a blue Carnival card came flip-flapping across the deck at me!!

I quickly put my foot on it to secure it, while looking in the general direction it came from

expecting to see a frantic face heading my way.

Nope. No such thing.

I waited awhile longer. Still no reaction from anyone nearby.

I still have it. It's in my collection of cruise cards now!

Thanks for the card, btw!

LOL We are diamond, and cruise many times a year. 2 cruises ago, I managed to throw my S&S card in the luggage I put outside for them to take. In the morning, getting ready to leave the ship, I couldn't find it. I had to go to guest services to get a new card, so they could punch me off the ship.

When I got home I found it in my checked luggage.

My husband had his in his jacket pocket, and took it off on the balcony of our cabin - it blew a bit in the wind, the card came out, and drifted gracefully into the sea......no problem to get another one.:o

I have heard that after replacing a card 3 or 4 times on a cruise they charge you. I don't know if this is true or not, but I think I read it somewhere.

I do know that there is no charge if you do it a couple of times.

My son had his on a lanyard and we had him put it in his pocket for formal pictures...I didn't realize his jacket pockets were sewn up and he had placed it in his pants pocket. He noticed it was gone and we retraced his steps real quick but then went to guest services and he had a new card within a few minutes and old one was deactiviated. He did have bottomless bubbles and they placed a new sticker on his new card. Ended up getting turned in a couple of days later so we were able to get the bottom of his lanyard back for next time!

My son, who was 10 at the time, lost his sail and sign card 4 times!! He even had a lanyard, but somehow he lost it pretty much everyday. We went to the purser's desk everyday and got him a new one. They started to laugh when they would see him in line...

I always forget about sun tan lotion...it deactivates it and I have to get a new one.

Magnetic clasps on womens purses and cell phones will also decativate them. I had mine in my shorts pocket next to my cell phone when we went ashore. It deactivated it.

A fellow on one cruise lost his card and said he would report it and replace it later - well it cost him - to the tune of $150 liquor or so charged to his card by who ever found it. They ended up crediting half the charges but said because he didn't report it right away they have no way of knowing it wasn't him making the purchases. They have never taken my card when I ordered booze just wrote down the number so anyone can have the card. My husband almost lost his in the hot tub when the jets forced it out of his pocket

A fellow on one cruise lost his card and said he would report it and replace it later - well it cost him - to the tune of $150 liquor or so charged to his card by who ever found it. They ended up crediting half the charges but said because he didn't report it right away they have no way of knowing it wasn't him making the purchases.

Key point - If misplaced don't wait to get a new one

Thanks everyone for your responses! My daughter will be 9 on this cruise and will need her card to get back in the room if she checks herself out of Camp Carnival. Additionally we are giving our kids a little spending money on their cards (will set limit at guest services when onboard). We got the kids lanyards with card holders (Hello Kitty and Adventure Time!) so hopefully the possibility of loss is controlled.

Archived