The NEW Celebrity Secrets thread (4/2013)

ghstudio

Shari, breakfast is served until 11:30 am, at which point all the breakfast foods are taken away. The food stations are roped off until 12 noon, at which point they're re-opened and all the lunch foods are out. Lunch is served until 2:30 pm and then everything's cleared away. However, the pizza and pasta station continues to serve until 1 am, so to answer your question, yes, in a limited way there's pretty much food available all day.

To continue, yes, there's pretty much something all day. In the afternoon, usually around 4, afternoon tea foods are put out -- little sandwiches, cakes, etc. Then around 5 there's sushi.

Thank you, dln & cruisestitch! I better lose a couple pounds NOW because things have changed as I age :( I used to go on a week long cruise and never gain an ounce due to all the walking/dancing. Now I'm lucky if I get back home and weigh the same as when I left.

Thanks for letting me know I can eat just about all day long :) I happen to love their burgers on the grill out by the pool, too. And their waffles for breakfast. Doesn't look promising for me to not put on a pound or two, does it? :eek:

First there's early breakfast in the Ocean View Cafe (buffet) from 7AM to 10AM and late breakfast until 11:30AM...30 minutes to breath until lunch starts at 12:00........then there are those sandwiches, pasta and pizza stations......not to mention the fruit and salad bar that remains open until almost dinner time. Sushi at 5:30-9:30 with dinner servings from 6:00-9:30 and a "chef's late night collection from 10:00-1:30AM with small sandwiches, pastries, cookiesk pasta and pizza remain open well into the evening..............then of course there is the all day free ice cream or soft serve in the buffet from noon to 9:30, free pastries at El Bacchio, 2 for 1 gelato starting around 5:30................and that doesn't even count the hamburgers and hot dogs at the Mast Grill from 11:30-6 PM......and these are mostly all the FREE choices

I can just hear my mother now:

" I can't eat anything, there is JUST TOO MUCH FOOD"

LOL, I kind of feel like that too! Everything looks so good, I want to at least taste it all. But even one bite of everything will leave you stuffed!

Yes, sushi. Watch the Daily for exact times on your ship and sailing.

Breakfast buffet -- made to order omelettes, waffles, pancakes, french toast, sometimes blintzes, cereals (hot and cold), pastries, meat, grilled tomatoes or mushrooms, cheese, fruit, fish, yogurt, sometimes Asian offerings, sometimes corned beef hash, it's probably easier to ask if there's anything that isn't on the breakfast buffet.

We have found too, that on Caribbean cruises that attract a large number of British passengers (generally 14 day cruises) there are lots of British breakfast offerings, too: baked beans, British bacon, black pudding, mushrooms, grilled tomatoes. My husband's English so he LOVES this :D

They serve a 'tea' type buffet after the luncheon and close it around four I believe. Nothing finer than sitting up top while sailing away enjoying a tea/or drink and a slice of their tea cake which is soooo yummy.

:)

Another secret.... it was my hubby's b'day while I was cruising with girlfriends and had asked at the front desk to borrow a marker, we wanted to make a sign for hubby wishing him a happy birthday and take a photo while us girl's held up the sign in front of the Leaning Tower of Pisa, the port we were in on his special day. I explained that hubby was back home taking care of my 90 year old mother while we had a little girl time. The front desk were so accommodating and lovely, they actually let me make a phone call home to hubby that night direct from the ship. It was the moment that I became a Celebrity fan big time.

I was on the Eclipse in April and they no longer had the mini sandwiches in Cafe al Bacio. Strictly pastries and sweets. Disappointing :(

We were on the Silhouette in February and we asked about sandwiches, they said they only serve pastries.

On cruises that stay overnight in one location- and that are tendering- do tenders run all night?

Not sure if this is a secret... But kinda :)

Yes, they generally run all night but on maybe an hourly basis....

• 2 weeks later...
We are currently booked in 9109 for a 7 day to Alaska. Wondering if we should upgrade to a sunset/aqua class/concierge class? The one we are in is a 1A balcony...

Depends on how much more it would cost.

Just to let you know that there is a HOT Glass Show on the Solstice, Eclipse, and I believe the Silhouette. For those that just drop by you may miss a great opportunity. Often at the end of the show they have give away draws of some of their work. We were successful on our B2B 14 days to win at 2 occassions. We were with two others for our first week and they never wanted to stay to the end so we missed out. They did not warn us we would miss out by leaving. On week 2 we found great enjoyment in staying to the end. We have some art work that we saw being hand crafted and it is still special.

At the end of the cruise they auction off 5-7 pieces as fundraisers for scholarships at Corning and for Breast Cancer. We made a purchase in the auction and now have 3 pieces.

Just to let you know that there is a HOT Glass Show on the Solstice, Eclipse, and I believe the Silhouette. For those that just drop by you may miss a great opportunity. Often at the end of the show they have give away draws of some of their work. We were successful on our B2B 14 days to win at 2 occassions. We were with two others for our first week and they never wanted to stay to the end so we missed out. They did not warn us we would miss out by leaving. On week 2 we found great enjoyment in staying to the end. We have some art work that we saw being hand crafted and it is still special.

At the end of the cruise they auction off 5-7 pieces as fundraisers for scholarships at Corning and for Breast Cancer. We made a purchase in the auction and now have 3 pieces.

Hi, the only ships with the hot glass show are Solstice, Equinox and

Eclipse. Silhouette and Reflection do not have it.

Guessing these shows are listed in the little daily paper?

How long do they last?

How often do they have them?

Is it crowded-get there how early?

Awesome that some people get to win pieces! I love watching blown glass demos!!

Thank you!

Guessing these shows are listed in the little daily paper? yes times are listed

How long do they last? about 1-1.5 hrs

How often do they have them?once a day

Is it crowded-get there how early?15 minutes early

Awesome that some people get to win pieces! I love watching blown glass demos!!

Thank you!

The crowds get bigger and stay longer as people become aware of the draws

The LGBT/"Friends of Dorothy" cocktail hour is not advertised in the daily paper as it is on some other lines (Cunard for example) but is posted on the board in front of the purser's desk. Unfortunately, it was not a hosted event on our April Reflection sailing and was held in the Molecular Bar, which has quite a bit of through traffic. Despite these drawbacks, we met many other interesting travelers this way.

I have a question for all you Celebrity veterans out there...

I just booked my first cruise on the Silhouette in January. I also am getting the Basic Alcoholic drink package. I know the limit is $8 for an alcoholic drink, but I have heard that you can get small versions of martinis that will be covered by this?

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks!