Crown Princess troubles

lovesublime

There was a lady screaming at the front desk on the first night of toilet trouble that she "had contacted the media about the problem". Meaning, I assume, that she wanted cash or attention. I wonder now if she was the lady that was interviewed.

There was a lady screaming at the front desk on the first night of toilet trouble that she "had contacted the media about the problem". Meaning, I assume, that she wanted cash or attention. I wonder now if she was the lady that was interviewed.

People will do anything for attention or a free cruise. She was probably the one that put the things in the toilet.

They definitely overstated the Norovirus issue for the transatlantic Venice to Galveston in December. We were onboard. Everything was excellent. Guess someone wants a lot of attention for nothing.

I new people on that cruise that had a mini suite mid ship. They said the deck below their floor (Emerald) that they had ripped up carpet and floors and even took out walls and were replacing plumping pipes. they would start at 6am and this went on for close to a week. I heard recordings of the noise (power saws etc...) and they were told they could be moved to an inside or given like $120. They took it up with princess when they got home and were given $1000. It was their first with princess and these are well traveled Cruise Critic and Carnival cruisers. They said they still liked Princess over Carnival because it was more their type of crowd. I got the Flu and for the first two weeks missed dinner 5 times and was up at 5 am or earlier every day. I have gotten sick before but that is too be expected over 50 cruises. Never wishing that I had not come on the cruise.

Sounds like it was a major problem. However, I didn't see anything in the article about any refund or compensation offered the affected passengers. Chances are good that they were.

As for sailing a ship or line because of toilet problems, at least Princess acknowledged it. On my Celebrity cruise, both my sister and I (in separate cabins) had non-working toilets for three full days of a 7-day cruise. All Celebrity said was, "You, too?" Literally. That was the extent of their concern.

they were offered $50 for their inconvenience.

That is SO disgusting!! And to flush fruit and other random things down a toilet is beyond absurd; the whole world has the same norm to flush toilet paper only! Princess needs to figure out better prevention of this, though, because this is how disease can spread like wildfire, and my husband said if this ever happens on one of our cruises, we're never cruising again! That would be HORRIBLE!!

I'm not sure how Princess can figure out a better way to prevent this. Intelligence test before issuing a ticket? Apparently there is no cure for stupid. There is a sign above every toilet and it is always mentioned in the Patter not to put large objects in the toilet. I hope there is a way to determine who put those things in the system and make them pay.

I'm not sure how Princess can figure out a better way to prevent this. Intelligence test before issuing a ticket? Apparently there is no cure for stupid. There is a sign above every toilet and it is always mentioned in the Patter not to put large objects in the toilet. I hope there is a way to determine who put those things in the system and make them pay.

There is no cure for stupid!

We were on the Crown the first week of March and did not have any problems nor did I hear of any with the plumbing. All cruise ships are vulnerable to pax flushing contraband down the heads. Sorry to hear about the problems.

Hi All

Just youtube ships toilet, and you will see all sorts of things

being put into the system,

you see folks saying wonder if this will go down, try this instead,

so litter, food, fruit, clothes, towels etc

yours Shogun

Hi All

Just youtube ships toilet, and you will see all sorts of things

being put into the system,

you see folks saying wonder if this will go down, try this instead,

so litter, food, fruit, clothes, towels etc

yours Shogun

What great sport, huh?

Cruisers like that should be 'banned for life'.

It seems to me that carnival/princess needs to go to the Italian shipbuilder that builds most of their ships and check toilet and sewage design first of all then address their staff in charge of maintaining engines and power generators. Sees when these ships have som kind of power failure they lose toilet function. Maybe a redesign in sewage disposal systems with backup power or something like that.

I have cruised on carnival and royal Caribbean and I remember that royal Caribbean makes a huge deal about what you flush down toilet and carnival didn't even mention anything like that.

We were in a cabin that was affected but we were off the ship in port most of the day. Just a little hassle, not a big deal. However, this was our first cruise with Princess and we thought that overall it was below average. Disappointed with food (bland, little taste) entertainment and ship itself. We missed our Roatan stop due to wind issues but the entertainment staff made very few adjustments in the day's activities. Evidently they don't have a back up plan for that. Just a lot of little things about the cruise kind of piled up. We'll go back to RCCL or Norweigan or Celebrity.

we were on the cruise and it was the cabins in the 500's and 600's that were affected. Those affected got 50.00 per person ship board credit while some were affected for the whole week, many only had problems for a day or two. We were fortunate and had no issues.

this was not enough for the inconvenience that this caused!

Princess should be ashamed trying to buy silence for $50 pp

Just curious as to how you have arrived at the conclusion that this problem was due to "clearly cutbacks in maintenance." As someone else posted more often than not, toilet issues occur from passengers flushing things they shouldn't into that system. Do you have some insider information?

Perhaps he has been inside of the pipes and verified the cause of the problem. LOL.

DON

If someone damages a hotel room, they will be charged for the repairs. Perhaps Princess should also charge a guest if they can prove that the blockage came from their cabin. Are these passengers that stupid to think that flushing large items will not block the toilet system or are they doing it on purpose to get compensation from Princess?

I suspect someone was just too stupid to realize you can't flush a watermelon down the toilet!:rolleyes: Some people just shouldn't be allowed to leave their house.

this was not enough for the inconvenience that this caused!

Princess should be ashamed trying to buy silence for $50 pp

Buying silence??? :rolleyes:

They could have given away a future cruise & it wouldn't "buy silence" from those who strongly feel entitled to unrealistic compensation & want to tell the press all about their anger. :rolleyes:

So it wasn't to "buy silence" but to give something to make up for the problem.

I was on the Crown's cruise the press labels as being so horrible due to norovirus in December which was another over-exaggeration. :eek:

Archived