Days no longer show on Cruise History

san diego sue

But it still doesn't show any FCC's. They've lost mine. Hope they come back.

I emailed Princess yesterday about FCCs because mine are also lost and I am concerned about the loss of the deposit that we paid, I received the following reply:

Thank you for your email.

Princess Cruises are currently transitioning their databases to enable to see all passenger cruise history, regardless of where in the world they booked. As with any major piece of work of this nature we have experienced a few anomalies affecting some passenger history, which are currently being rectified. Please rest assured, that your loyalty level will be updated accordingly as soon as these issues have been resolved, and you will return to the correct tier of the Captain's Circle.

This should be complete by the end of this week, and in the meantime, I thank you for your patience, and apologise for any unnecessary confusion this has caused.

As you can see this does not address the FCC question, I believe that it is a stock reply because I never mentioned my cruise history or Captain's Circle level in my email to them. It is obvious that they are receiving a lot of queries and are are just sending out a standard reply without checking whether it answers the sender's question.

Thanks for the reminder to do this, Astro Flyer.

By the way, need to do this for myself and my husband's account, as the FCC etc. are listed for each separatly and don't appear on one account . Since the cruises for us are the same, only one needs printing there.

Princess Cruises are currently transitioning their databases to enable to see all passenger cruise history, regardless of where in the world they booked. As with any major piece of work of this nature we have experienced a few anomalies affecting some passenger history, which are currently being rectified.

So, basically this means -- thank you for testing our changes for

us, and reporting bugs.

And, it's this IT department that I am supposed to feel

comfortable with when I enter my CC number in the personalizer?

Just checked my cruise history and although my two cruises on P&O on Ventura and Aurora are still counted, they have removed the 7 day credit for an Ocean Village cruise which I took some years ago. Although this has still left me at Elite level, I am a bit annoyed that they have removed some of my P&O days without notice!

Just checked my cruise history and although my two cruises on P&O on Ventura and Aurora are still counted, they have removed the 7 day credit for an Ocean Village cruise which I took some years ago. Although this has still left me at Elite level, I am a bit annoyed that they have removed some of my P&O days without notice!

We have had our Ocean Village cruise removed too. I emailed but so far no reply.

Your very lucky, they have removed 184 of our cruise days, as you say, without authority!!

if they are telling everyone things will be sorted by the end of the week they had better get a move on. They told me this too but, come to think of it, she didn't actually say which week. :rolleyes:

I emailed Princess yesterday about FCCs because mine are also lost and I am concerned about the loss of the deposit that we paid, I received the following reply:

Thank you for your email.

Princess Cruises are currently transitioning their databases to enable to see all passenger cruise history, regardless of where in the world they booked. As with any major piece of work of this nature we have experienced a few anomalies affecting some passenger history, which are currently being rectified. Please rest assured, that your loyalty level will be updated accordingly as soon as these issues have been resolved, and you will return to the correct tier of the Captain's Circle.

This should be complete by the end of this week, and in the meantime, I thank you for your patience, and apologise for any unnecessary confusion this has caused.

As you can see this does not address the FCC question, I believe that it is a stock reply because I never mentioned my cruise history or Captain's Circle level in my email to them. It is obvious that they are receiving a lot of queries and are are just sending out a standard reply without checking whether it answers the sender's question.

Yes, it is a standard reply. I had one today.

if they are telling everyone things will be sorted by the end of the week they had better get a move on. They told me this too but, come to think of it, she didn't actually say which week. :rolleyes:

They may be making progress - I had acquired a middle name in the changeover and when I tried to delete it in 'cruise details' it would not save it. However today, I deleted it and saved it, and it seemed to have upated the details when next I looked.

Cruise history though, is far from correct. i think we will give them the weekend to get themsleves straight and then I think we should have some explanation as to the present position. After all, some passengers may soon be off on their cruise and will not have the benefits they have earned prior to the 'upgrade'. Even with the lesser number of days we still qualify for Elite tier, but the loss, would lessen the amount of OBC would would receive from the Circle Host for the number of cruises we have done.

So, basically this means -- thank you for testing our changes for

us, and reporting bugs.

And, it's this IT department that I am supposed to feel

comfortable with when I enter my CC number in the personalizer?

I got the same email when I complained, as a professional test analyst I was tempted to offer my services in future. It is obvious that this change was not thoroughly tested and has led to a lot of additional work for the customer services department as well as a loss of face for PCC:)

They may be making progress - I had acquired a middle name in the changeover and when I tried to delete it in 'cruise details' it would not save it. However today, I deleted it and saved it, and it seemed to have upated the details when next I looked.

Cruise history though, is far from correct. i think we will give them the weekend to get themsleves straight and then I think we should have some explanation as to the present position. After all, some passengers may soon be off on their cruise and will not have the benefits they have earned prior to the 'upgrade'. Even with the lesser number of days we still qualify for Elite tier, but the loss, would lessen the amount of OBC would would receive from the Circle Host for the number of cruises we have done.

How do you get obc from the Circle Host?

well it's the end of the week. Apart from the middle name part, is anyone any further on? I was to get a call back before the end of the week. I know there is still part of the day left but I am not convinced the call is coming. :(

[quote name='caber']well it's the end of the week. Apart from the middle name part, is anyone any further on? I was to get a call back before the end of the week. I know there is still part of the day left but I am not convinced the call is coming. :([/quote]
No further on and now i notice my fcc has dissapeared. Good job i have a paper copy. Still waiting for the call:(
Liz

Hi

Just got off the phone from Captains Circle - I have been in communication with a lady by e-mail most of the week - in fact she gave me her own e-mail address at Princess, so as my e-mails did not go into the general CC inbox.

However, when I tried to contact her today, I got the 'auto response - I will be out of the office until 15 May 2013' !!

I therefore spoke with a very helpful gentleman who said that the cruise history will be restored to its former position over the weekend and everyone would be getting an e-mail with their cruise history as it was before the database catastrophe (my word not his). I did try to press him is this would be the case, but got the impression that fingers would be crossed.

Incidentally, when I connected with the number, it did go into a recorded message indicating that they were aware of many problems with the cruise history and that it would be righted over this weekend, which was not there at the start of the week.

We shall see.

I spoke to a nice man this afternoon at cc who confirmed my future cruise credit is still applied to my next cruise even though it has disappeared online. He said the rest would be back to normal in a couple of days.
we will see.

[quote name='caber']I spoke to a nice man this afternoon at cc who confirmed my future cruise credit is still applied to my next cruise even though it has disappeared online. He said the rest would be back to normal in a couple of days.
we will see.[/QUOTE]

Must be the nice man I spoke to also, was his name Ed?

Hi All

Not sure how many millions of members Princess have in the UK,

but who ever wrote the programme to merge the data base got it wong

now if they have to do a manual fix it will take time

yours Shogun

[quote name='Dorset Cruiser']How do you get obc from the Circle Host?[/QUOTE]
After your 21 st cruise you will receive $25 OBC automatically. It raises to $50 after 31 cruises so having an accurate count of ones cruises can affect this credit.

[quote name='cruzsnooze']After your 21 st cruise you will receive $25 OBC automatically. It raises to $50 after 31 cruises so having an accurate count of ones cruises can affect this credit.[/QUOTE]

Oops - loooong way to go as we are only on cruise 12 with Princess - will never make 21 as we like to try other cruiselines from time to time :(

Archived