Delayed flights ugh

dseres

I was so worried about booking my flight home too early from Fort Lauderdale that I rescheduled the whole itinerary for this coming weekend and was feeling better about not missing it. NOW I get notices from Jetblue saying due to the sequester or whatever to expect delays and/or cancellations! Cancellations really? Has anyone heard of this happening. I am so nervous now. I have insurance on the cruise, but really don't want to miss it wth?

I was so worried about booking my flight home too early from Fort Lauderdale that I rescheduled the whole itinerary for this coming weekend and was feeling better about not missing it. NOW I get notices from Jetblue saying due to the sequester or whatever to expect delays and/or cancellations! Cancellations really? Has anyone heard of this happening. I am so nervous now. I have insurance on the cruise, but really don't want to miss it wth?

Yes, there were several cancellations yesterday because of it. It has been on the news. Hope for the best.

As long as you are flying in the day before your cruise, like most people do, I really wouldnt worry about making the cruise.

You dont say why you are worried or how close you are cutting things?

Some airports have delays, I know DFW has reported none.

The whole notion of sequestration causing these delays is a joke-a bad political joke designed to inflict harm on citizens. 2% reduction in future funding INCREASES doesn't mean the FAA had less to fund salaries of personnel. If they could be paid last month, they could be paid now. Deliberate crisis "creation" to raise "revenues" aka taxes.

I am flying in the day before from a small airport in Westchester, NY., so I guess that I will get there at some point in time for my cruise, of course my intention was to enjoy the whole day before in Fort Lauderdale. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for the replies.

We flew home last Sat, 04/20, out of FLL. Our 2:50 flt was delayed 45 minutes and another flt, same airline, was cancelled so some were put onto our flight.... We were supposed to have a 30 min layover in Baltimore with no plane change, but once we landed at BWI we were informed that we would be changing planes to another flight heading to Indy. We only had 10 minutes to board and we really stressed if our luggage would make it. All worked out well, but is was stressful and we were much later arriving in Indy than orginally planned.

In addition, FLL airport was a zoo. Not sure if it's always like this on ship days but security was wrapped around and down a side hallway. I would have stressed if I had an early flt.

*** We also had a choice of an earlier return flt, 11:30 am but decided to go with the later one at 2:50. Even though we had the hassle of the delay and unexpected plane change, I', really

glad that we did not have to stress over the earlier flight. Unless we would have done the self-assist and booked-it to the airport, I'm not really sure if we would have even made the flight

given the long lines at the check-in counter and security.

The whole notion of sequestration causing these delays is a joke-a bad political joke designed to inflict harm on citizens. 2% reduction in future funding INCREASES doesn't mean the FAA had less to fund salaries of personnel. If they could be paid last month, they could be paid now. Deliberate crisis "creation" to raise "revenues" aka taxes.

So who do we blame?

Absolutely true! No delay this morning flying CMH to FLL though. :)

So who do we blame?

We blame every elected official in Washington. Both party's constant bickering and attempts to get and hold power for their party is putting this country in danger.

At one time our elected official's main interest was what's best for the country. Now it's what's best for the party and how do I keep getting re-elected. I'm a life long Republican, but my party disgusts me as much as the Democrats.

It's been reported that when sequester went down the President said to agency heads "Make it hurt". If this is true he shouldn't be President, however I can see a Republican President doing the same thing. It's no longer about what's best for the people and the country.

Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now. This should be about cruises, not about this.

Yep.

So who do we blame?

Who's in charge? Or, supposedly in charge?

It was the intention of a certain political party to make sure the sequestration was as painful as possible on the general public. There are many other ways to cut expenses besides furloughing employees that actually service the public.

As long as you are flying in the day before your cruise, like most people do, I really wouldnt worry about making the cruise.

You dont say why you are worried or how close you are cutting things?

Some airports have delays, I know DFW has reported none.

DFW may have reported no delays....but it was reported that several (between 5 & 20) flights were diverted to Love Field (DAL) from DFW yesterday because of flight controllers being short staffed at DFW.

During this time I would be very nervous about flying especially if there is a connection involved you do not want to miss the ship.

During this time I would be very nervous about flying especially if there is a connection involved you do not want to miss the ship.

This time, we haven't even had the Summer Thunderstorms (weather) or summer travel season delays yet under the sequester.

Can't wait!!

I asked the "who do we blame?" question to see if the general public agrees with what the airline that I work for wants us to tell passengers.

In a nutshell, if there's an air traffic control delay, we CAN'T mention the words "government, sequestration, etc " but we are expected to say "due to the FAA staffing cutbacks"...

I asked the "who do we blame?" question to see if the general public agrees with what the airline that I work for wants us to tell passengers.

In a nutshell, if there's an air traffic control delay, we CAN'T mention the words "government, sequestration, etc " but we are expected to say "due to the FAA staffing cutbacks"...

...and I agree with yogimax....start cutting jobs at the top of the pyramid and leave the base as intact as it can be!

I'm experiencing this first hand. I work at Jacksonville Center and my first furlough day is Tuesday. It is real, everyone, we are starting shifts with seven controllers when normally there are ten. NOBODY is exempt from the furloughs, from the Administrator down. Luckily, there has been decent weather these first three days; wait until the summer thunderstorms start, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Archived